Lebanon/Iran

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I think in light of this:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.as...R_RTRJONC_0_-275882-1&sec=WorldupdatesLebanon
government talks collapse, showdown looms
By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Talks to defuse Lebanon's simmering political crisis collapsed on Saturday after anti-Syrian leaders rejected demands from Hezbollah and its allies for a decisive say in government.

The failure of the week-long talks could mean Lebanon's deep political rifts will provoke confrontation on the streets of Beirut at a time of rising sectarian tension between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims.

Lebanese Christian Maronite leader Samir Geagea speaks to reporters after a rival political leaders' meeting in Beirut November 11, 2006. Talks to defuse Lebanon's simmering political crisis collapsed on Saturday after anti-Syrian leaders rejected demands from Hezbollah and its allies for a decisive say in government. (REUTERS/Mohamed Azakir)
It could also complicate passage in government of a U.N. draft of the framework of a special court to try the killers of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri.

Lebanon received from the United Nations on Friday a draft document outlining the structure and legal framework of the tribunal. Prime Minister Fouad Siniora called a cabinet meeting for Monday to discuss the draft.

This is inevitable, links:

http://www.dailypundit.com/2006/11/a_few_months_no_more.php

Report: Hizbullah, Amal ministers resign | Jerusalem Post

Hizbullah and Amal Cabinet ministers resigned from the Lebanese government on Saturday, Hizbullah's Al-Manar TV Station said.

The resignation of five Cabinet ministers from Amal and Hizbullah throws Lebanon's political landscape in chaos, though it does not automatically bring down the government.

But by quitting, the five Shi'ite Muslim Cabinet ministers remove considerable political backing from the country's main sect and could make it difficult for western-backed Prime Minister Fuad Saniora to govern.​

In the wake of the US elections, look for Iran to move immediately to consolidate its control over Lebanon, in preparation for another attack on Israel. Iran's entire strategy at the moment consists of keeping the US and Israel otherwise occupied, until it can actually field working nukes. Then the whole game changes.

Since when did Hezbollah get to be considered anything more than an international terrorist organization?

Oh yeah, th epeace-loving folks in Palestine legitimized them by voting them in as their government.:cuckoo:

Since when did Hezbollah get to be considered anything more than an international terrorist organization?

Oh yeah, th epeace-loving folks in Palestine legitimized them by voting them in as their government.:cuckoo:
Actually the Palis put in Hamas, the Syrians forced Hizbollah into Lebanon legislature.

Notice the UN has little trouble with either?

Actually the Palis put in Hamas, the Syrians forced Hizbollah into Lebanon legislature.

Notice the UN has little trouble with either?

I stand corrected. Hard to keep up with all of these terrorist organizations given political voice.

Trying to get me started on the UN again, huh?:death:

The failure of the week-long talks could mean Lebanon's deep political rifts will provoke confrontation on the streets of Beirut at a time of rising sectarian tension between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims.

Let them have at it.

We could offer to bus them in from Iraq.

Well, nothing else seems to be working, I'm sure the Kurd's wouldn't mind.:thup:

Let them have at it.

We could offer to bus them in from Iraq.

Well, nothing else seems to be working, I'm sure the Kurd's wouldn't mind.:thup:
The problem is, the Lebanonese aren't the problem. The Syrians and Hizbollah/Iran are.

That wasn't approval----that was being being sarcastic because the French aren't really known for thier military prowess or bravery these days. Good thing they can retreat fast tho ! They may need to !

These days? You have to go back a long, LONG time to find anything they won on their own unless it was waging war against defenseless, third world countries. Hell, they only get an assist for the American Revolution.

Then there's Waterloo .......

WWI....

WWII.....

Indochina .....

Yeah, France is on a roll .....:laugh:

These days? You have to go back a long, LONG time to find anything they won on their own unless it was waging war against defenseless, third world countries. Hell, they only get an assist for the American Revolution.

WWI....

WWII.....

Indochina .....

So I hedged it a bit to avoid the possiblity of PE coming in here and giving us a lecture.

That wasn't approval----that was being being sarcastic because the French aren't really known for thier military prowess or bravery these days. Good thing they can retreat fast tho ! They may need to !
C'mon Dillo, we all know you hope the French, Syrians, and any other stooges can stand in to kill the joos.

WWI....

WWII.....

Indochina .....

Gunny, anyone or country that can annhilate jews are ok in dillo's book. Make no mistake.

Got any evidence to support your assertions or are false allegations simply your "subtle" way of flaming people ?

Your first post, I don't need more, contrary to your bait.

Forum List

Back