Lebanon: How Will This End?

spillmind said:
nevermind, i don't think you possess the objective reasoning ability to grasp what i am talking about.

Ok. let's say you moral relativist idiobots are correct, there is no right and wrong. Why are you on their side spilly?

rtwngAvngr said:
Ok. let's say you moral relativist idiobots are correct, there is no right and wrong. Why are you on their side spilly?

i never said i was on their side. what appalls me the most is that people just tune this shit out like it never happened. until you understand the history, you won't understand why these people aren't welcoming americans with open arms.

forgive me if i am overstating the obvious. i didn't mean to insult you said, i said that you can't be objective, therefore you can't understand what i am saying. if that's the case, then let it be. prove me wrong, and i'll retract my assertion. :smoke:

btw, i am not the only one that resorts to 'insults'. at least i consider everyone here.... save for maybe avatar, who is simply out to boost his ego by belittling people on msg boards.... as having an opinion on an EQUAL tier as mine. if i didn't respect you people, i wouldn't waste my time. good day.

spillmind said:
i never said i was on their side. what appalls me the most is that people just tune this shit out like it never happened. until you understand the history, you won't understand why these people aren't welcoming americans with open arms.

forgive me if i am overstating the obvious. i didn't mean to insult you said, i said that you can't be objective, therefore you can't understand what i am saying. if that's the case, then let it be. prove me wrong, and i'll retract my assertion. :smoke:

btw, i am not the only one that resorts to 'insults'. at least i consider everyone here.... save for maybe avatar, who is simply out to boost his ego by belittling people on msg boards.... as having an opinion on an EQUAL tier as mine. if i didn't respect you people, i wouldn't waste my time. good day.

You insulted me, not him. I thought the queston I asked you was legitimate, and I did not understand what you're reply had to do with it. Asking you to elaborate shouldn't have caused you to become defensive.

spillmind said:
PLEASE SPARE US THIS FREEDOM CRAP. :chillpill

Frankly, Spillmind, this quote says it all. You see, we (meaning those of us who support the Iraq War, etc.) truly to want to make people free, because freedom from oppressive government is the root of all human rights, civil rights, etc. Your lack of enthusiasm for freedom is quite telling... and sad.

spillmind said:

Your head is in a hole if you don't realize the threat of the United States of Hezbollah, attempting to form itself in the mideast. It really is that simple. But you libs hate america so much you don't care. Prove ME wrong, tyke.

spillmind said:

Actually we are working to do what is necessary to resolve some of these issues.

It isn't so simple as to post what the US has done with Israel and say that that is the sole reason they oppose us. There are far more reasons, not the least of which is the way we helped Dictatorships in the region continue in the name of "stability". It was the practice of the State Dept. to allow governments take hold and to help them in the name of "stability" rather than what is actually right. They called for our help in many different ways, but we refused to get involved so that we could continue to make business deals.

We are showing through action that we will no longer believe that stability is the main reason to support a government in that region. The people there need to know we will not abandon the field immediately when insurgents arrive to chase us off, and that we will not allow Dictatorships to take the place of more Democratic forms of government. This with an actual effort at peace in Israel will be the best form of making peace in that region.

spillmind said:
here's a little history on the israeli and subsequently american involvement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/1381328.stm

you really aren't getting sick of sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, are you? when the suitcase bomb comes, make sure you act REAL surprised. get angry too. hate liberals while you are at it.

That has NOTHING to do with the FACTs I presented. You can't provide anything substantive, so you bring Israel into it. I was specifically talking about what the Muslims have done to the Christians there. So get your head out of your ass.

freeandfun1 said:
That has NOTHING to do with the FACTs I presented. You can't provide anything substantive, so you bring Israel into it. I was specifically talking about what the Muslims have done to the Christians there. So get your head out of your ass.

Don't you know ff1, considering muslim atrocities is politically incorrect. Only america can do wrong things. Haven't you heard?

spillmind said:

everyone knows these strategic moves are to establish political capital in regions that would be beneficial to the united states financial and poitical interests.

And to think I thought you had no clue about international politics.

OCA said:
Spilly watch yourself, that isn't a regular posting member.

the last time he posted, it was less than flattering and certainly not productive. i don't have anything to say to him/her save for what i stated. that's all i have to say about that.

yes, i do believe in democracy and freedom, but what i see happening is USING the GUISE of this 'democracy' and 'freedom' to push whatever american benefitting ideals on a region that is strategic to the future of the USA.

so let's call a spade a spade, be straight with the world about our intentions, and stop pussyfooting around pushing our form of democracy on politically beneficial areas. the hypocrisy is as simple as this:

if bush REALLY REALLY felt so strongly about democracy, let's see him and his minions (you guys) push it on saudi arabia. let's see equal rights for women in SA. it's not going to happen for reasons that are easy to see by me and ignored by yourselves.

spillmind said:
the last time he posted, it was less than flattering and certainly not productive. i don't have anything to say to him/her save for what i stated. that's all i have to say about that.

yes, i do believe in democracy and freedom, but what i see happening is USING the GUISE of this 'democracy' and 'freedom' to push whatever american benefitting ideals on a region that is strategic to the future of the USA.

so let's call a spade a spade, be straight with the world about our intentions, and stop pussyfooting around pushing our form of democracy on politically beneficial areas. the hypocrisy is as simple as this:

if bush REALLY REALLY felt so strongly about democracy, let's see him and his minions (you guys) push it on saudi arabia. let's see equal rights for women in SA. it's not going to happen for reasons that are easy to see by me and ignored by yourselves.

Is it possible that freedom is good for these people AND AMerica?

spillmind said:

One thing at a time. He'll get there.

spillmind said:

This is where you guys (the minions of the left) exhibit your total lack of sophisticated thinking. In other words, you can't see the trees for the forest. You are so caught up on wanting to find ANYTHING wrong that you create BULLSHIT as an argument.

If you haven't noticed, we are pushing reforms in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc. I guess you have had your head in the sand for too long to see it. Reforms there will be slower as they don't have true despots as leaders. For the most part, the people in those countries have the lives they have CHOSEN. Bush is pushing for reforms throughout the ME, so how you can sit here and say he isn't, is beyond me.

Get yer head outcha ass wouldya?

Forum List

Back