Leaving Teaching High School to attend Law School

Deornwulf

Nov 10, 2004
I have had enough with the public education system. I'm tired of whiny parents threatening to sue me over their failures to prepare their children for school, I'm tired of conniving students getting me into trouble with false allegations, I'm tired of teaching to the test, I'm tired of having to plan being sick in advance, I'm tired of having parents ask me how to discipline their children and then argue with me about my advice, I'm tired of working in a system that rewards working hard with more work and less pay.

Because of all of this, I'm taking the LSAT and going to apply to Law School. It's time for things to be all about me! (Hobbit - I promise not to be a criminal lawyer who tries to get the guilty go free!) I hope to become a patent or real estate lawyer, something safe, boring, and profitable.

Just go teach at the college level.

They don't ask anything of you there, not even sanity or the semblance of logical thought.

You can do whatever you want.

Stick around for 10-12 years and your grad students will do all your work and you'll have a guaranteed job for life.

Just don't be a lawyer.

Zhukov said:
Just go teach at the college level.
You know, Z just might have a point here. You just might be able to influence . for the good, ALOT of young people at the college level. Of course, you'll be shunned by the other faculty.

Joz said:
You know, Z just might have a point here. You just might be able to influence . for the good, ALOT of young people at the college level. Of course, you'll be shunned by the other faculty.

And you may have troubles making Tenure.

Joz said:

He just needs to stay out of the teachers lounge AKA (enemy territory)........

Shameful to lose a teacher that actually cares if kids will be sucessful in life...

What Bonnie said. What do you teach and where? I'm looking for a high school position. :teeth:

Bonnie said:
Feeling unnapreciated where you are? ;)
Want public school salary. :) Also want to teach older kids, especially after today! Hormonal girls crying from 11:15-2:00. I'm tired and soggy. I've never had to carry a box of tissues all day. :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
Want public school salary. :) Also want to teach older kids, especially after today! Hormonal girls crying from 11:15-2:00. I'm tired and soggy. I've never had to carry a box of tissues all day. :rolleyes:

Well that's because you are a nuturing compassionate woman.....LOL tired and soggy :baby4:

Bonnie said:
Well that's because you are a nuturing compassionate woman.....LOL tired and soggy :baby4:
Today I guess I must have appeared as 'nurturing and compassionate.' Parting words at the end of the day, "First one to cry tomorrow gets written up! That includes mothers." (Since the school dance last Friday, [don't ask], we've had 6 mothers at school about their little darlings.) Kids laughed, I'm hoping the whole incident is behind us now.

Today was like when my kids were little. They would hurt themselves somehow, kept a stiff upper lip with friends, at school, wherever. I would come to get them, one look at me-tears of "It hurt SO bad!" Mind you, this could be several hours after the fall or hurt feelings. ~sigh~ Going to read that parent post again! :teeth:

Deornwulf said:
I have had enough with the public education system. I'm tired of whiny parents threatening to sue me over their failures to prepare their children for school, I'm tired of conniving students getting me into trouble with false allegations, I'm tired of teaching to the test, I'm tired of having to plan being sick in advance, I'm tired of having parents ask me how to discipline their children and then argue with me about my advice, I'm tired of working in a system that rewards working hard with more work and less pay.

Because of all of this, I'm taking the LSAT and going to apply to Law School. It's time for things to be all about me! (Hobbit - I promise not to be a criminal lawyer who tries to get the guilty go free!) I hope to become a patent or real estate lawyer, something safe, boring, and profitable.

go be a civil liberties lawyer!

I plan to end up defending conservatives against silly frivolous lawsuits brought about by methane breathing liberals.

Cases I would want to argue -

For the Fast Food Industry against obesity suits.
For Academic Freedom of Speech for Consevative Students on Campus.
Any case against Credit Card Companies and Banks - They are just down-right evil!
On any case opposing the ACLU.
Arguing against the Neo-Libs' current interpretation of the First Amendment regarding the state and religion.
Arguing before the SCOTUS on exactly what was meant by the general welfare clause.

Forum List

Back