Leaving Pets In A Hurricane

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Could you leave your pets at home while you went to a shelter? I have heard that some leave them tied up in the yard or at home.

I can't fathom that, to me my pets are family.

Bonnie said:
Could you leave your pets at home while you went to a shelter? I have heard that some leave them tied up in the yard or at home.

I'd stay with my pets before I ever left them.

Bonnie said:

I would bring em with me. You never know when you might run out of food.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

My GF has two dogs. One is a good pup for the most part the other is a royal pain in the butt. I keep threatening to make terriyaki out of the little beast.

The truth is, if you are going to own a pet, you have certain responsibilities to the little critter.

fuzzykitten99 said:
that's what pet carriers are for. my bird even has his own carrier. as far as the fish, though...i am not attached enough to try and keep them alive. they are actually my son's fish, but he's only 13months, and would not know the difference if i had to replace them.

It's pretty hard to cuddle with fish, though I have heard stories.... :rolleyes:

CSM said:
My GF has two dogs. One is a good pup for the most part the other is a royal pain in the butt. I keep threatening to make terriyaki out of the little beast.

The truth is, if you are going to own a pet, you have certain responsibilities to the little critter.

Not to mention an attachment I would think. My pets would come with come hell or high water. I guess I just look at pets differently than some.

Bonnie said:
Not to mention an attachment I would think. My pets would come with come hell or high water. I guess I just look at pets differently than some.

Speaking of pets--where the hell is Geraldo----he LOVES standing out in hurricanes and leaning into the wind !!!!!!!!!!!

dilloduck said:
Speaking of pets--where the hell is Geraldo----he LOVES standing out in hurricanes and leaning into the wind !!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..........He's still sunning himself in the Keys, they will probably fly him into Mobile tonight.....Don't worry he'll be out there in the wind mic in hand.... :thanks:

Bonnie said:
LOL..........He's still sunning himself in the Keys, they will probably fly him into Mobile tonight.....Don't worry he'll be out there in the wind mic in hand.... :thanks:

:laugh: ahhhhhh I see you miss him too----I hope he has one of them little wind meters and props like tree braches and stuff!

dilloduck said:
:laugh: ahhhhhh I see you miss him too----I hope he has one of them little wind meters and props like tree braches and stuff!

Well lets face it Hurricane watchin is no fun without Geraldo, his gadgets and rubber overalls :D

Bonnie said:

We're sitting here waiting for Ivan. If we do have to leave, the critters go with us - period.

Thanks.

We've done all we can to prepare. Now it's just wait and see.

Actually the most dangerous part of the whole experience is the fact that my mother in law is spending the night with us.

Gives me the shivers.

Merlin1047 said:
Thanks.

Actually the most dangerous part of the whole experience is the fact that my mother in law is spending the night with us.

Gives me the shivers.
Good luck Merlin, with the storm and Ivan, LOL! Just kidding! Stay safe!! And be nice to your MIL!! :) LOL!

Merlin1047 said:
Thanks.

Gives me the shivers.

I'll keep you and family (pets too) in my prayers

Merlin1047 said:
Thanks.

Gives me the shivers.

Best of Luck, Merlin-----I'll be thinking about ya. No matter how bad it gets, don't throw back any fish you may find !!!

(my sis is in Montgomery --let me know if she can get ya something ! )

Merlin1047 said:
Thanks.

Gives me the shivers.

Good luck,merlin!!!it's lookin bad out there and they say the highways are jammed.

As far as pets go,no quetion about it,my dog and cats would be with us in the car.it would be crowded,but it's worth it. i couldn't consider leaving them behind.

Thanks everyone.

I'm sure we'll be fine. House is on high ground so flooding is not an issue although we are surrounded by streams so we may be stuck if the water goes over the bridges.

Was too damn cheap to buy a generator. Regretting it now. Going to get hot and sticky if the power goes out. Maybe I can convince the wife to sit on a ladder and spin the ceiling fans so I can stay cool.

Better post this quick before she comes in and sees it.

Forum List

Back