Leaving on a Jet Plane................

I've flown at least 3 dozen times since 2002.

My advice?

Go by bus.

asdpijaspdoasjdp.

Planes and airports are basically Hell. With a capital H. I literally believe that if Hell is a real place, it is like a giant airport from which you never leave except to take 36-hour flights and return to the same massive airport. Godless places, they are!

SCREW THAT!!

Take the train. Pay for cabin or Two.

Most don't have movies, but all of them have a bar, dining car where you can relax and enjoy some wonderfull veiws.

would yall shut the fuck up....i got the most important info yall need to know...get this....you can take mini bottles on airlines.....yea thats right...instead of buying drinks you can have your own...they are small and dont violate the liquids rule.....

all you fuckers need to pos rep me for saving you a bundle of cash

Back in April my family and I flew down to Florida. Deciding between Logan Airport to my south, and Manchester Airport to my north was easy. I go with the smaller airport because the security lines aren't as long.

Pack light. Especially for the plane. My kids had packs, the man had his wallet and phone and I had my laptop. Wear flip flops or something you can slip off while going through security. Sit ... relax ... pop a pill if you have to ... and focus on your destination and how much fun you're going to have when you arrive! Yay!!!!

I haven't flown since 2002.

Advice?

(I'm flying to Florida from Indiana in late July)

I know I can go to an Airline Website, but wondered how my fellow travelers here pack and travel on a plane to a sunny location for a week.

Thanks!

Wear a bikini. Less hassle with searches that way.

Carry on luggage is a pain, but many airlines are charging hefty fees for checking luggage. Be sure to check that out.

Wear shoes easy to take off and put on. Nothing liquid or gel larger than 3 ounces? (I'm thinking) unless it is in checked luggage--it will have to be in a clear plastic bag for up close examination. Nothing sharp on person. Wear clothing that will make a pat down less traumatic. I always carry a laptop but keep it loose in a carry on case as it has to be put by itself in a tray for scanning.

Oh, and don't wear an 'adult diaper' or anything like that. I was just reading that the TSA made a 91-yr-old woman take hers off today or yesterday. It's enough to make a body scream!!!

What she said. And note that the required size of a plastic bag for carrying liquids is 1 quart. If you use a larger bag, the TSA can make you dump all of your items if the agent feels like being an asshole.

Also, avoid belts with large metal buckles and large metal jewelry pieces.

In the U.S., I always have to have my laptop scanned...I think this is SOP now.

Last edited:
I used to fly somewhere just about every week. Seems for a while my whole life was a flight to somewhere. One good tip, and it worked well for me was to start screaming the moment the plane lifted off from the runway to begin it's flight. If you do it long enough and loud enough (and tell them you are afraid to fly) they will give you lots of free booze just to keep you shut up.

Advice?

I know I can go to an Airline Website, but wondered how my fellow travelers here pack and travel on a plane to a sunny location for a week.

Thanks!

First, Gods Speed, and safe travels EZ. Then, One bag is what I recommend, and carry it on with you. Make sure that there arnt any no,no's in it. Have a drink or two before you go in to get in the mood for your pat down, and after that have fun. The last time I flew on a plane I forgot to take the AR-15 mag's and a large knife I had in there out before I left. It was not pretty.

o and dont say bomb.....dont even think bomb....i was joking at the passport check area in vancouver that suddenly they put about 500 of us from all different planes in one holding area.....i said.....'damn now would be the time to set off a bomb'...suddenly i was standing alone .....everyone simply moved away

If you have to fly, make a practice run as far as you can.

Last time I flew I had a hell of a time learning where to go, and the people that work there, to help you, are of little help b/c you have to run a gammit just to get to them.

i use ups cause i understand it....dont get oversized boxes....and dont go over a certain weight for the boxes...remember your on vacation and will have access to washers and dryers....just take a few pieces that can be dressed up....i normally dont dress up...so packing is easy...leave all the jewels at home...in vanity i wear my rings....but nothing else....of course i dont wear anything but rings....
body piercings do not set off the wands....so dont worry about those issues....perhaps large gauges will but not normally stuff....plus you is gonna buy mal down there.....ship that home too.....you could use flat rate boxes from the usps....

o hell yea...first thing you do... make sure they have not changed your gate for departure...nothing like making it to one side of the airport to find the gate has been changed to the other side.....that is the first thing i check when i get there...what damned gate is that plane really taking off from...

o and dont say bomb.....dont even think bomb....i was joking at the passport check area in vancouver that suddenly they put about 500 of us from all different planes in one holding area.....i said.....'damn now would be the time to set off a bomb'...suddenly i was standing alone .....everyone simply moved away

:lol:

On many airlines you can print out your boarding pass at home within 24 hours of your flight. I do that.

Also, many airlines not only make you pay for check in baggage but carry on baggage as well. Check with your airlines.

You can bring virtually no liquids through security, except I believe in 3 ounce bottles.

Advice?

Thanks!

Advice? Drive....
Seriously, if you haven't flown in 9 years - you're gonna notice some inconvenient changes. No food on the plane - unless you buy it, and it sucks. So bring snacks, something to read, water, etc. You'll also notice seats are a lot closer together and those idiots at TSA are indeed idiots. Flight attendants continue to get uglier too.

Forum List

Back