Leaving on a Jet Plane................

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I haven't flown since 2002.

Advice?

(I'm flying to Florida from Indiana in late July)

I know I can go to an Airline Website, but wondered how my fellow travelers here pack and travel on a plane to a sunny location for a week.

Thanks!

stridesweetpeppermintgum.jpg

Carry on luggage is a pain, but many airlines are charging hefty fees for checking luggage. Be sure to check that out.

Wear shoes easy to take off and put on. Nothing liquid or gel larger than 3 ounces? (I'm thinking) unless it is in checked luggage--it will have to be in a clear plastic bag for up close examination. Nothing sharp on person. Wear clothing that will make a pat down less traumatic. I always carry a laptop but keep it loose in a carry on case as it has to be put by itself in a tray for scanning.

Oh, and don't wear an 'adult diaper' or anything like that. I was just reading that the TSA made a 91-yr-old woman take hers off today or yesterday. It's enough to make a body scream!!!

Last edited:

Advice?

Make sure the feathers are properly secured and don't get to close to the sun.

Is this your Key West trip? I am jealous, have a good friend who has been living there for over 10 years now, beautiful place...

Have a good time....

Last edited:

Advice?

I know I can go to an Airline Website, but wondered how my fellow travelers here pack and travel on a plane to a sunny location for a week.

Thanks!

Go to the airport stark naked. The stark naked line at the TSA detectors is always shorter. After you get through the security station, put on a cammo set of army BDUs so that you can get an upgrade at the gate. After getting on the airplane, change into a flight attendent matching skirt, or a pilot uniform, so that you can get off the plane as a priority passenger.

Hope this helps.

I was wrong about that 91-year-old woman. It was last weekend, not today or yesterday, and she was 95, not 91.

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.

Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.

Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.
Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search | mother, search, adult - The News Herald

Is it just me, or have we lost our freaking minds?????

Advice?

Thanks!

When you are airborn and you see a little guy on the wing, ignore it and order another $15.00 vodka tonic..

Advice?

Thanks!

When you are airborn and you see a little guy on the wing, ignore it and order another $15.00 vodka tonic..

The gnomes are there to balance the plane. They work...if they don't fall off.

Advice?

Thanks!
Are you coming to visit me? I'll start making Mimosas!
multi.gif

Advice?

Thanks!

If you are trying to beat the weight restriction on baggage. Check the light bag...and carry on the heavy one. There is NO weight restriction on a conforming carry on bag.

Florida in july..you will not need to much in the way of clothes. :lol: A few shorts, tops and a swimsuit will do you.

I've flown at least 3 dozen times since 2002.

My advice?

Go by bus.

asdpijaspdoasjdp.

Planes and airports are basically Hell. With a capital H. I literally believe that if Hell is a real place, it is like a giant airport from which you never leave except to take 36-hour flights and return to the same massive airport. Godless places, they are!

I was wrong about that 91-year-old woman. It was last weekend, not today or yesterday, and she was 95, not 91.

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.

Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.

Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.
Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search | mother, search, adult - The News Herald

Is it just me, or have we lost our freaking minds?????

We havn't, the TSA has though.

Forum List

Back