Leave Uninsured To Die

It's always the relatively young, employed and healthy that say let him die!

The young don't realize you get old and insurance gets VERY expensive. The healthy don't realize they could be one accident or illness away from losing their job, eventually losing their health insurance and put into the situation where they are "uninsured and left to die!"

No GHook. It's the people that have a modicum of integrity that insist it is not someone elses obligatin to take care of you. I am one of the younger ones (30), but am also someone that has incured more medical expenses than many will in their life time. It would have been nice not to get cancer and incur all the expenses that come with it. It would have been nice if someone else had just taken care of it for me and my family. But just because what happened to me was expensive does not give me the right to obligate that you now have to be on the hook for it.

Healthcare is a tricky issues. First, no one truly decides to get it. If the choice was sick and free surgery or healthy and no surgery the choice would nearly be 100% no surgery.

Many times when someone is sick or seriously injured they can't work! Children in particular CAN NOT provide their own insurance, nor can they really get a job to pay for one! They're totally dependent on other's for it!

Case 1:
I have watched a friend (married father of two) go from, great jobs, great insurance, great house, nice cars, great savings and living well within his means to sick with Luekemia, lost job, lost the house, lost the cars, blew the saving, eventually lost the overly expensive COBRA, mountain of doctor bills and other debt and eventually bankruptcy.

A healthy HARD-WORKING guy leaving within his means and neve asking for a dime beforehand had his world turned upside down.

The guy is still very sick, can't work, finally got on medicaid, they are on food stamps and had to move in with his inlaws. He still has a MOUNTAIN of medical debt, since he had to reaffirm the medical bills, so his doctors would still see him!

Case 2:
My brother-in-law is another tragic case. He went from owning a bunch of rental property and a semi-successful property managment company. To getting diagnosis with M.S. Having insane doctor and drug bills. Losing his rentals, closing his property management co, getting divorce, losing his health insurance, saddled with a mountain of doctor bills and be left with not a penny to his name.

Like many of the Ron Paul supporters it's very easy to yell let him die when your young and healthy!

It's always the relatively young, employed and healthy that say let him die!

The young don't realize you get old and insurance gets VERY expensive. The healthy don't realize they could be one accident or illness away from losing their job, eventually losing their health insurance and put into the situation where they are "uninsured and left to die!"

No GHook. It's the people that have a modicum of integrity that insist it is not someone elses obligatin to take care of you. I am one of the younger ones (30), but am also someone that has incured more medical expenses than many will in their life time. It would have been nice not to get cancer and incur all the expenses that come with it. It would have been nice if someone else had just taken care of it for me and my family. But just because what happened to me was expensive does not give me the right to obligate that you now have to be on the hook for it.

Healthcare is a tricky issues. First, no one truly decides to get it. If the choice was sick and free surgery or healthy and no surgery the choice would nearly be 100% no surgery.

Many times when someone is sick or seriously injured they can't work! Children in particular CAN NOT provide their own insurance, nor can they really get a job to pay for one! They're totally dependent on other's for it!

Case 1:
I have watched a friend (married father of two) go from, great jobs, great insurance, great house, nice cars, great savings and living well within his means to sick with Luekemia, lost job, lost the house, lost the cars, blew the saving, eventually lost the overly expensive COBRA, mountain of doctor bills and other debt and eventually bankruptcy.

A healthy HARD-WORKING guy leaving within his means and neve asking for a dime beforehand had his world turned upside down.

The guy is still very sick, can't work, finally got on medicaid, they are on food stamps and had to move in with his inlaws. He still has a MOUNTAIN of medical debt, since he had to reaffirm the medical bills, so his doctors would still see him!

Case 2:
My brother-in-law is another tragic case. He went from owning a bunch of rental property and a semi-successful property managment company. To getting diagnosis with M.S. Having insane doctor and drug bills. Losing his rentals, closing his property management co, getting divorce, losing his health insurance, saddled with a mountain of doctor bills and be left with not a penny to his name.

Like many of the Ron Paul supporters it's very easy to yell let him die when your young and healthy!

You're not listening. I'm young and was pretty unhealthy and my opinion doesn't change when it comes to who's obligation it is to pay for who's healthcare. If your moral compass changes depending on whether the outcome is of benefit to you or not, that again shows a lack of moral integrity. Far more so than insisting that it is not my responsibility to keep the hopes alive of a family who would like for their loved one to come out of a coma.

The audience at the tea party debate cheers leaving uninsured to die!

What is America becoming? :eek: (As if we didnt already know)

Audience at tea party debate cheers leaving uninsured to die | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
The same thing it has always been, from it's inception. A rich Eurotrash paradise full of genocidal sociopaths who don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and, of course, profits.

Uh, yeah. European is the first thing I think of when I think of conservative. Could we maybe center the conversation a bit more in reality?

Forum List

Back