Leave the French Alone

Originally posted by MrMarbles
Your right. Baghdad was a city of roughly 5 mil, roughly 3 mil of that were children, why did we stand by and let the states drop thousands of bombs on that city in the first weeks of the war, what did those children do?

2 April, aerial bombardment of the Baghdad Trade Fair and Iraqi Red Crescent Maternity Hospital:27 dead

http://www.ask.co.uk/ix.asp?q=Population+Of+Baghdad&ac=none&xx=0&qid=A26DF2E9090C9D49B3FE8CAC55FA1694&p=0&&sp=ix&fn=t&b=0&fo=2&r=10&io=2&fp=3&fr=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eiacenter%2Eorg%2Ffranks%2Dreprt%2Dtext%2Ehtm&adurl=

This blood is on Saddams hands

Your right. Baghdad was a city of roughly 5 mil, roughly 3 mil of that were children, why did we stand by and let the states drop thousands of bombs on that city in the first weeks of the war, what did those children do?

2 April, aerial bombardment of the Baghdad Trade Fair and Iraqi Red Crescent Maternity Hospital:27 dead

http://www.ask.co.uk/ix.asp?q=Population+Of+Baghdad&ac=none&xx=0&qid=A26DF2E9090C9D49B3FE8CAC55FA1694&p=0&&sp=ix&fn=t&b=0&fo=2&r=10&io=2&fp=3&fr=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eiacenter%2Eorg%2Ffranks%2Dreprt%2Dtext%2Ehtm&adurl=

What a link BTW. Its a mile long. Anyway i speak more of the slaughter Sadaam put on his own people. Gassing the Kurds, starving the poor children you care soo much about :rolleyes: by not giving them the "food" he promised to buy with the money he was given in exchange for the oil. Same thing is going on in Sudan. Millions are being murdered while France stands by and blames the US again for messing up France's oil interests.

Originally posted by insein
What a link BTW. Its a mile long. Anyway i speak more of the slaughter Sadaam put on his own people. Gassing the Kurds, starving the poor children you care soo much about :rolleyes: by not giving them the "food" he promised to buy with the money he was given in exchange for the oil. Same thing is going on in Sudan. Millions are being murdered while France stands by and blames the US again for messing up France's oil interests.

Then why hasn't the States invaded Sudan? Come'on round up the troops, blow the bugle, lets go!

Wait, maybe there isn't anything there to interest America, to bad they didnt have a good oil reserve. To bad for all of Africa actually, if only tjhey had something you guys want, maybe they would be 'better' off to.

Then why hasn't the States invaded Sudan? Come'on round up the troops, blow the bugle, lets go!

Wait, maybe there isn't anything there to interest America, to bad they didnt have a good oil reserve. To bad for all of Africa actually, if only tjhey had something you guys want, maybe they would be 'better' off to.

Actually Sudan has the biggest Oil Reserve in Africa. Guess someone told Bush ( :rolleyes: ) that cause he's mounting up for action in the Sudan as well while France plans on blocking us there.

http://www.sudantribune.com/article.php3?id_article=3164
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3875277.stm

Originally posted by r2200t
The Canadian Army is small, powerless and only it's infantry is uselfull.

CA has 4 ships, 2 that can cross oceans, the other 2 stay and protect the huge canadian coast.

We sent one ship to Afgan. to protect a US aircraft carrier (LOLOLOL) trust me, that old ship can't protect itself! Canada just sent it for political reasons.

Canada doesn't have an aircraft carrier. (because it doesn't have enough fighter jets for one), and our Pilots are good but they don't use "speed"...

The best use for the Canadian Army is for political support reasons, or for peace keeping missions.

I'm a former Canadian Armed Forces Reservist, take my word for it.

Nevertheless Canadian troops are not cowards and have shed blood in many wars...and cleaned up messes aswell (kosavo, afghanistan..) someone has to pick up the dead bodies...(friend of mine did this)

We canadians do not brag about our army and it's might (or lack thereof) we know that we have a good friend in the south to protect us from anyone who (for some crazy reason) would want to attack us.

Under the circumstances, dont' you think relying on US is a bit presumptuous, if not foolhardy?

Not really, If the US decides not to protect Canada in the event of a war, then England and France will protect us, I'm sure many countries would volunteer troops for our cause aswell.

We are part of the british commonwealth, the Queen (who i presented arms to) visits us once in a while... The French Canadians have always had strong relations with France. Heck it was Charles De Gaules himself who started the seperatist movement <sigh> in Quebec.. ("vive la France!, vive le Québec, vive Le Québec Libre!") <sigh, again>

Also Canada Drafted all potent men for WWII right from the beginning, we drew blood and lots of it (compared to our population size)

I can think of many countries around the world helping us out. Canada, has done a lot of good around the world for many countries, and it's friends/allies are it's best defence. I will concede that Canadian troops have messed up in some countries, but the effects are minimal.
cheers

Cool. I think that is the way it should be. Wait for France!

I know this sounds funny(really funny), but i'm certain they will be the first to help out (right after the US of course)

France would only want to save Quebec and they would say "to hell with the rest of Canada".

The Canadian Army is small, powerless and only it's infantry is uselfull.

CA has 4 ships, 2 that can cross oceans, the other 2 stay and protect the huge canadian coast.

We sent one ship to Afgan. to protect a US aircraft carrier (LOLOLOL) trust me, that old ship can't protect itself! Canada just sent it for political reasons.

Canada doesn't have an aircraft carrier. (because it doesn't have enough fighter jets for one), and our Pilots are good but they don't use "speed"...

The best use for the Canadian Army is for political support reasons, or for peace keeping missions.

I'm a former Canadian Armed Forces Reservist, take my word for it.

Nevertheless Canadian troops are not cowards and have shed blood in many wars...and cleaned up messes aswell (kosavo, afghanistan..) someone has to pick up the dead bodies...(friend of mine did this)

We canadians do not brag about our army and it's might (or lack thereof) we know that we have a good friend in the south to protect us from anyone who (for some crazy reason) would want to attack us.

I was thinking in terms of making the world aware of the problem, financially and foodwise.

JHaving a small army dosen't concern me much. No country would outright invade us, (at this time) the only one with the means to would be the States. I think we should have a small specialized army, one to conentrate on peacekeeping, etc.

Forum List

Back