Leave the French Alone

I

Ike

Americans are wrong about alot of things.

Unfortunately for France, the war in Iraq wasnt one of them.

In reading these posts however, I’ve come across some pretty ridiculous arguments.

Its is completely ridiculous to call the French cowards, simply because they refused to help the US in the war.

The French are not afraid of Sadaam Hussein. Belgium could defeat Sadaam Hussein. France is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, they have about as much to fear from Sadaam as you do.

The French did not participate, because they did not see the war as being in their national interests. Its that simple.

Heck, they had contracts with Iraq worth billions. Part of a credible argument is understanding your opponents position. The French were not afraid.

Lastly, the idea that the French, "owe" you for liberating them during world war two is legitimate. But the idea that they should repay this debt, by blindly going into a war, just because you say so isn’t just wrong, its STUPID. In fact, its idiotic.

War is not a game. Its not some coffee cake you can take back. Lives are at stake. Innocent lives. You don’t go to war to repay favors.

Does the United States owe France for its help during the battle for Independence against Great Britain? France helped the United States a great deal.

If the French demanded you go to war with Italy, because they helped you against the English, would you agree?

Of course not. Please, stop making silly stupid arguments people.

Cheers,
The brilliant Canadian.

The French did not participate, because they did not see the war as being in their national interests. Its that simple.

But now that there are contracts out there for billions of dollars it's in the best interest?
how strange

What a bunch of retarded replies.

Say something, or dont bother posting.

Done!

From what i've seen, you're posts are generally pretty dumb, so thats a good idea.

cheers

Originally posted by Ike
Done!

From what i've seen, you're posts are generally pretty dumb, so thats a good idea.

cheers

If you plan on posting here in the future I suggest you lose the attitude. You made a post. People responded. That's how message boards work!

You aren't always going to get replies you like. Deal with it.

ive been to france, a coulpe time (one of the perks to being in the military at the time). i found it to be dirty and the people are rude. like it was such a chore to take my money when i wanted to buy something.
id rather go back to korea any day of the week. the people are nicer and the foods better

Wisconsin has better cheese than France, better brats than Germany and better beer than Russia. I just wanted to clear that up.

It figures jeff, you just as much of a dumbass!!!!!!!:laugh:

Historical events should not be used to support present day situations.

What alliances France, Britain, US etc etc formed in the past are irrelevant to the world today. They helped shape the political world map for sure, but we should look forward not backwards. It is the alliances being formed now that count in world affairs.

France and Germany were castigated in the British media for their stance on Iraq but then so were the government for going to war. Two sides of the argument, both receiving criticsm.

A governments first duty is to its citizens. Britain and the US felt that their national security could be best safeguarded by going to war with Iraq. Other European countries disagreed; their call.

Where the opponents of war are wrong is to now demand a slice of the pie having contributed nothing to the baking.

Oh and RRO, Wisconsin has those products, I would suggest, due to the French, German and Russian immigrants.

I thought you said "Historical events should not be used to support present day situations"

Originally posted by RightyRightOn
I thought you said "Historical events should not be used to support present day situations"

Yes I did and your point is ?

In regards to the Wisconsin products coming from immigrants.

In regards to the Wisconsin products coming from immigrants.

OK I guess you got me on that; teach me to be precise in my wording.

I was of course referring to political alliances which shaped the world in the past and to those which will define the map in the future, not to skills brought to a country by immigrants.

After all, the Dreikaiserbund or Triple Entente, which defined the alliances in the Great War, or the coalition which invaded Iraq, can hardly be equated to a guy producing sausage in Wisconsin.

I'm just joking around with you. Although we do take sausage very seriously around here.

I'm just joking around with you. Although we do take sausage very seriously around here.

I have heard that!! :D

Forum List

Back