Leave of Absence

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
Guys, I'm posting you this because the week has been overwhelming. In the past few days my community had suffered some horrific losses.

A young man was killed in a fight, my neighbor lost her two children in a fire, two fellow humanitarians were found murdered by their son and six religious members of a church died in a plane crash.

Tonight, after I post my holiday story, I will take an indefinite leave of absence. In this forum, you must be "cold and thick-skinned" in the presentation of your facts; that means sometimes the use of harsh words and sarcasm; it's all done in the name of competition. This week's experiences have left me too humbled to maintain that form of "competitive edge".

I close this note with my final opinion on respect; you guys always HAD and always will have my repsect; I won't guarantee that I'll sound like I show it; but if you just pay a little attention to detail to what I post, you'll find that I'm challenging your skills, maybe even imitating them. Last I recall, that's suppose to be the ultimate show of respect.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a holiday story to write up. When I come back, I'm just going to post and leave. I'll talk to you when I can, later.

All my best in your time of hardship and grief.....not to be wished upon any person.

Please accept my condolences to the families of those that are in need the most.

hylandrdet said:
I close this note with my final opinion on respect; you guys always HAD and always will have my repsect; I won't guarantee that I'll sound like I show it; but if you just pay a little attention to detail to what I post, you'll find that I'm challenging your skills, maybe even imitating them. Last I recall, that's suppose to be the ultimate show of respect.

Wait, I have skills? Why the heck didnt someone tell me!

I hope things work out for you.

I'm sorry about all the horrible tragedies that's come upon your community. That's really awful to hear, so I can't imagine being in the middle of it. I do hope the best for everyone there.
You know, on this board, you don't always have to be competitive. There's other forums where you can just kick back and chat. There's people here that disagree but can go there and get along, no facts, just opinions. ;) Just a thought! :D
Happy Holidays!!

hylandrdet said:
Guys, I'm posting you this because the week has been overwhelming. In the past few days my community had suffered some horrific losses.

A young man was killed in a fight, my neighbor lost her two children in a fire, two fellow humanitarians were found murdered by their son and six religious members of a church died in a plane crash.

Tonight, after I post my holiday story, I will take an indefinite leave of absence. In this forum, you must be "cold and thick-skinned" in the presentation of your facts; that means sometimes the use of harsh words and sarcasm; it's all done in the name of competition. This week's experiences have left me too humbled to maintain that form of "competitive edge".

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a holiday story to write up. When I come back, I'm just going to post and leave. I'll talk to you when I can, later.

by all means take a break if that's what you feel will help you must but never underestimate the compassion of people who post here.

Myself and my old lady are of kindred spirits. We sit around with our friends, debating issues all the time. I think she knows me better than I know myself.

She was there when I needed her; at 5 am in the morning, just one hour after we'd failed to save those two children from that fire. I'd told the very second I saw her, "Damn! We never had a chance!". We spent the whole morning consoling the family and friends of the neighborhood. As far as the rest of the tragedies, I'd made my appearances at the funerals and had spoken my peace.

So I was sitting around the house this week watching regular TV, when something set me off. The soldier that complained about the armor issue to Rumsfeld. I initially thought it was funny because it caught the Secretary of Defense off guard, but then the local conservatives said something that burned me up.

When the news broke out that a Chattanooga Times and Free Press reporter assisted the soldier in the structuring of his question, the local conservatives labeled it a "left wing conspiracy".

I hit the roof, yelling,"What the F@ck! A man, out of concern of his own life, asks a reporter for help, in presenting his legitimate question, to the Secretary of Defense and these conservative a#sholes call it a conspiracy? Don't these nuts realize that the controversy does not lie within the question? The controversy lies within the answer to the question; the answer that implied, "F#ck you, this is all you'll gonna get; don't call us, we'll call you". What a piece of garbage!"

At that moment, my girl chuckled. I'd asked her what was so funny; she said,"Sounds to me like you're ready to put you six shooters back on."

So it appears that I'm back. I will adhere to your rules, "You can curse at me, but I can't curse back". Fair enough... But I must warn you, I'm very good at wording my postings in a manner far WORSE; and without using a single "bad word".

On a serious note; you should really consider keeping an eye on what's going on in your home. It's one thing to be no where near stopping something bad from happening from far away; it's another for it to be happening in your own home and you had the opportunity to stop it.

Later.

Bonnie said:
God speed and positive energy sent to you.

To you, sir evil, and the others, thank you for your support. I really appreciated it.

Now it's time for all of us to get back to work, doing what we do best.

hylandrdet said:
On a serious note; you should really consider keeping an eye on what's going on in your home. It's one thing to be no where near stopping something bad from happening from far away; it's another for it to be happening in your own home and you had the opportunity to stop it.

Later.

So true. My landlady tried to evict me over squirrels in the roof who were chewing the shit out of everything. I said I wouldn't pay until they were gone. Those little buggers cause fires! Anyway, they're gone and she got her money.

Take care yourself, and have a happy holiday!

Forum List

Back