Leave It To The Kooks In Vermont

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Not Just Cell Phones

Vermont legislators want drivers to keep their eyes on the road. They're considering a ban not just on cellphones... but also on eating, drinking, smoking, reading, writing, personal grooming, playing an instrument, or interacting with pets or cargo while driving. Violators would face a fine of up to $600.

Representative Thomas Koch, who sponsored the bill, drew from his own experience, saying, quote, "...somebody opposite me was trying to navigate around the corner with a cell phone... in one hand and a cigarette in the other , and she wasn't doing very well."

If the bill passes, you won't be able to comb your hair, pet your dog, or drink coffee... much less play the flugelhorn... while driving.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251241,00.html

I've nearly been hit by drivers on their cell phones (the majority) as well as eating (second highest), drinking (only one or two), and reading or writing (one of the two, but it was only one person). I see nothing wrong with a majority of those being banned, but a few people underestimate the human ability to multi-task.

red states rule doesn't understand that the bill is all a ploy to keep redneck redstate jerks like him away from New England...

I've nearly been hit by drivers on their cell phones (the majority) as well as eating (second highest), drinking (only one or two), and reading or writing (one of the two, but it was only one person). I see nothing wrong with a majority of those being banned, but a few people underestimate the human ability to multi-task.

When will libs begin to understand you cannot prevent stupid people from being stupid

Besides, we have laws covering reckless driving. Libs cannot help themselfs - it is in their blood to be the Mommy and Daddy party

When will libs begin to understand you cannot prevent stupid people from being stupid

Besides, we have laws covering reckless driving. Libs cannot help themselves - it is in their blood to be the Mommy and Daddy party
I'm not viewing it as having them try to keep us safe from stupid people doing stupid things. Regardless, people will cause accidents, but this'll help curb it only a little.

red states rule doesn't understand that the bill is all a ploy to keep redneck redstate jerks like him away from New England...

Well, we good ol' boys can always find a use for libs............

The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the Smoky Mountains in
East Tennessee for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the
campground in the Pope Mobile when there was a frantic commotion just
at the edge of the woods. A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals,
shorts, a "Save the Whales" hat, and a "To Hell with Bush" T-shirt, was screaming while struggling frantically and thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers came
racing up. One quickly fired a 44 magnum into the bear's chest. The
other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat
from the bear's grasp, then using long clubs, the three loggers
finished off the bear and two of them threw it onto the bed of their
truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the
back seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I
give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard
there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic
Environmental activists but now I've seen with my own eyes that this
is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies "Who was
that guy?"

"It was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with
heaven and has access to all wisdom."
"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom but he
sure doesn't know anything about bear hunting! By the way, is the bait holding up, or do we need to go back to Vermont and get
another one?"

No man should be able to tell me what I can and can't do with my cellphone. It's just a clump of plastic and batteries. Keep your laws off my cellphone!

Well, we good ol' boys can always find a use for libs............

The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the Smoky Mountains in
East Tennessee for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the
campground in the Pope Mobile when there was a frantic commotion just
at the edge of the woods. A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals,
shorts, a "Save the Whales" hat, and a "To Hell with Bush" T-shirt, was screaming while struggling frantically and thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers came
racing up. One quickly fired a 44 magnum into the bear's chest. The
other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat
from the bear's grasp, then using long clubs, the three loggers
finished off the bear and two of them threw it onto the bed of their
truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the
back seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I
give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard
there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic
Environmental activists but now I've seen with my own eyes that this
is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies "Who was
that guy?"

"It was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with
heaven and has access to all wisdom."
"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom but he
sure doesn't know anything about bear hunting! By the way, is the bait holding up, or do we need to go back to Vermont and get
another one?"

come on up to Maine and try that, you redneck hick, and we'll show you how downeasters deal with pricks like you.... you'd be lobstah bait and no one would be the wisah....ayuh

come on up to Maine and try that, you redneck hick, and we'll show you how downeasters deal with pricks like you.... you'd be lobstah bait and no one would be the wisah....ayuh

Yes, you would be useful during bear season.

Libs forget we "hicks" vote in huge numbers

hicks forget the results of the election in November.....

it would seem that a lot of you voted for the boys in "blue".

:rofl:

and it is the best thing to happen for conservatives

Dems are stepping in it everytime they take a step

So is owning a cell phone a right or a privilege? Because driving is a privilege! And don't forget NY passed a law about cell phone use. Although I don't think it is enforced but Vermont is a neighboring state next to NY.
D.C. passed a law on the hands free cell use and busted a lot of Virginia and Maryland folks. Good revenue as well, for keeping those crappy roads crappy!

So is owning a cell phone a right or a privilege? Because driving is a privilege! And don't forget NY passed a law about cell phone use. Although I don't think it is enforced but Vermont is a neighboring state next to NY.
D.C. passed a law on the hands free cell use and busted a lot of Virginia and Maryland folks. Good revenue as well, for keeping those crappy roads crappy!

Like the seat belt law, this is only the beginning. Libs will expand the law, be more oppressive, and increase what you can and cannot do while driving your car

What will be next? No talking? No radio or CD playing?

Try enforcing a law where you tell people they cannot eat, drink, or smoke while driving

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
and it is the best thing to happen for conservatives

Dems are stepping in it everytime they take a step

whatever.... you still spinning your lies about Nancy and the airplane?

lol

seems to me we did what we said we'd do in the first 100 legislative hours and we've just gotten started.

Yeah.... and I really believe that conservatives think that the best thing that ever happened to them was to lose their legislative majority and with it, their mandate. Are you dizzy yet?

whatever.... you still spinning your lies about Nancy and the airplane?

lol

seems to me we did what we said we'd do in the first 100 legislative hours and we've just gotten started.

Yeah.... and I really believe that conservatives think that the best thing that ever happened to them was to lose their legislative majority and with it, their mandate. Are you dizzy yet?

Lets see, she lied about working with Republicans, she tried to put an impeached Judge on the Intel Committee, she tried to stick the knife in Hoyer's back by trying to get Murtha her #2 (she lost the vote) she exempted Starkist from the minium wage bill (they are the largest company in her district) now the demand for a bigger jet

Yes, she is doing a great job

Back to the topic, give libs an inch they will take a mile.

Lets see, she lied about working with Republicans, she tried to put an impeached Judge on the Intel Committee, she tried to stick the knife in Hoyer's back by trying to get Murtha her #2 (she lost the vote) she exempted Starkist from the minium wage bill (they are the largest company in her district) now the demand for a bigger jet

Yes, she is doing a great job

Back to the topic, give libs an inch they will take a mile.

she's working with republicans in exactly the same way they worked with her.... that certainly seems fair and just to me!

and I agree...she IS doing a great job. and the fact that she is pissing off guys like you makes it even better!

she's working with republicans in exactly the same way they worked with her.... that certainly seems fair and just to me!

and I agree...she IS doing a great job. and the fact that she is pissing off guys like you makes it even better!

I am far from pissed. I am happy to see liberal arrogrance, hypocrisy, and the double standards they live by on parade

I know the employyes of Starkist are pleased with Nacy giving their company a pass (campaign donations perhaps?)

I seem to remember the 'power sharing' Republicans agreed to with Dems, and Ted Kennedy writing the Education bill

I am far from pissed. I am happy to see liberal arrogrance, hypocrisy, and the double standards they live by on parade

I know the employyes of Starkist are pleased with Nacy giving their company a pass (campaign donations perhaps?)

I seem to remember the 'power sharing' Republicans agreed to with Dems, and Ted Kennedy writing the Education bill

I am glad you are happy....now shut your piehole

Forum List

Back