Leave it to Chicago... trying to ban homemade lunches in school??

If this is your idea of a nutritious meal your education was a total waste of taxpayer money.

AP100930089436.jpg

Processed potatos ( tater tots) are good for you?

Looking at that pic, it's not just those crappy tater tots that are bad for you, the processed cheese isn't, the 'flavored' milk isn't - milk yea, but adding shit that may (or may not) taste vaguely like strawberry certainly isn't, the processed bread isn't.... in fact, to me, there's only two things on that plate that might (and I mean MIGHT) be reasonably health are the carrots and the ham, without the bread.

I wouldn't want a kid of mine eating that crap.

No doubt, that looks like a meal from Pelican Bay.

Looking at that pic, it's not just those crappy tater tots that are bad for you, the processed cheese isn't, the 'flavored' milk isn't - milk yea, but adding shit that may (or may not) taste vaguely like strawberry certainly isn't, the processed bread isn't.... in fact, to me, there's only two things on that plate that might (and I mean MIGHT) be reasonably health are the carrots and the ham, without the bread.

Interestingly, Jamie Oliver did a series of programs in the US where he went into schools to try and change their crappy shit to actually healthy food. The opposition he received - from the kids, parents, teachers, and lunch providers, was incredible.

We really need to learn the difference between decent food and crap.

There is no way my parents would have allowed me to eat the shit that passes for 'nutritionally balanced' meals in schools these days. None.

It would be a cold day in hell when some sissified "educator" tells me I can't send my son to school with a lunch. That's well beyond their authority. They are there to educate, not to parent.

This is the welfare nanny state of Chicago, though, so I'm not the least bit surprised. These people are used to having their lives run by the authoritarian government they continue to vote in so they are getting exactly what they deserve.

the fat bill ( passed in November/Dec. 2010) for Michelle, all 4.5 BILLION dollars of it provides exactly that type of authority....

this is on of those nexus moments Bro;

where in 6 months from now when someone here runs a thread on a story that says a school Principal killed a bake sake or declared half the food there off limits or unable to be sold at that venue because of caloric count- trans-fats or salt content, high fructose content, and everyone is like how the fuck did we get here when grannies cookies or cupcakes get trashed and some 10 year old is admonished and sent home from school with note saying thx bit no thx, and don't send her-him with that type of food again.........this is how..not with a bang but a whimper.

The prisoners at GITMO get better food, despite being limited to only ONE ICE CREAM TREAT PER DAY.

The prisoners at GITMO get better food, despite being limited to only ONE ICE CREAM TREAT PER DAY.

Man the inmates at Guantanemo are babied, they get fresh foods, clean sheets, plenty of time for rest and relaxation, they get adequate time for prayer and Quran Reading, Guantanemo is a hotel compared to the prisons for our American inmates.

Chicago school bans homemade lunches, the latest in national food fight - Yahoo! News

We all know Chicago politics/government is ridiculous.... but they are going further and further off the deep end

It is A school, singular, one school...leave it to right wing paranoia to turn it into a city.
I don't see the plural form of school used in the title of the thread OR the article.
Leave it to left-wing deflection to avoid the intrusion into private lives.
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back