Learning to play

Neil Young songs are great for beginning guitarists and harmonica players. I used to play a lot of his stuff in the early years.

Well, don't stop!

I just bought a harmonica today.....I was inspired by this thread! It was cheap, I figure if I get good then I can invest some $ someday in one like editec has.

Hell yea.. Learn to play! Here's a little Charlie Daniels to get your fiddle heart pumping..

Say what you will about rednecks but ole Chuck is a helluva musician.

[youtube]nWPX5nr6esM&[/youtube]

Well, don't stop!

I just bought a harmonica today.....I was inspired by this thread! It was cheap, I figure if I get good then I can invest some $ someday in one like editec has.

I'll play Neil Young songs for the older audiences, but I'm a metal-man at heart. Living in Arkansas, I met some Bluegrass players and had some real fun with that. I must admit, though, that I prefer to play Bluegrass more than I like to listen to it! (Same with Country and Blues.) The combination of guitar, mandolin, fiddle and banjo can sound really good and can be quite challenging.

In case anyone is interested, my favorite guitarists are: Steve Howe, Shawn Lane, Jason Becker, Steve Morse, Tommy Emmanuel, Eric Johnson, Bill Nelson, Yngwie Malmstten, Chris Impellitteri and Eddie Van Halen.

I'll play Neil Young songs for the older audiences, but I'm a metal-man at heart. Living in Arkansas, I met some Bluegrass players and had some real fun with that. I must admit, though, that I prefer to play Bluegrass more than I like to listen to it! (Same with Country and Blues.) The combination of guitar, mandolin, fiddle and banjo can sound really good and can be quite challenging.

In case anyone is interested, my favorite guitarists are: Steve Howe, Shawn Lane, Jason Becker, Steve Morse, Tommy Emmanuel, Eric Johnson, Bill Nelson, Yngwie Malmstten, Chris Impellitteri and Eddie Van Halen.

Check out this guy, local dude, love him:

YouTube - JimRichter's Channel

Yeah, Bob Dylan (much as I love the guy) isn't a good model to emulate harmonica-wise.

Stevie Wonder, working out on a this kind of Hohner, say for example, in the tune "Isn't she lovely" definitely is.

MC-7540_-2T.jpg

Magic Dick | The Original Whammer Jammer! | Magic Harmonicas | J Geils Band Fame

[youtube]CTXuLqPrSXY&feature[/youtube]

Forum List

Back