Learning the wrong lesson. Gun Control.

As well as laws prohibiting murder – should laws prohibiting murder be repealed because they ‘don’t work.’
You truly are a childish twit.
He's a lying hate filled America hating loser. Nothing he says about firearms is true other than they can be used to kill people. Texas is going in the right direction. Where I live, every school has armed staff, which is the ONLY answer to stop school shootings.

It is time, past time, for some hard truths. The Police can not keep you safe. Two Supreme Court decisions have confirmed that the Police do not have a Constitutional Duty to protect anyone. Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

So the police can’t protect you, even if the three million sworn cops, that is to say Federal, State, County, and City cops, were able to numerically. But they make up less than 1% of the population, so that is obviously impossible. The Government can’t protect you. It is just as impossible.

I remember Katrina, and everyone shouting where was FEMA. The truth is that people imagined this large army of people wearing Sports Shirts and Dockers with hiking boots would descend on an area and provide assistance. The truth is that FEMA was a guy with a Satalite Phone and a Rolodex. There was no army of sport shirt wearing people waiting to rush in and provide succor. FEMA helps organize the response of local and area communities. They call and say we need fifty teams to work on Electircal Lines. We need twenty more ambulances. Whatever, the other towns and cities provide the personnel and equipment. All FEMA has is a Checkbook to pay for the stuff.

The same is true of the cops. They are responsible for investigating the crime that happens to you, but they aren’t able to prevent the crime.

So what can we do to help one another? That is simple. I can give you a fighting chance. Samuel Colt said his invention, the Revolver, was the great equalizer. That is literally true. It meant that someone who had spent a lifetime learning how to fight with a sword was equaled by someone who had spent a hour or two learning how to shoot. It makes the fight fair. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll win, but it gives you a chance.

We’ve covered the reasons for the Second Amendment, the words of the Founders themselves were posted not long ago. All of those truths that our Ancestors talked about, remain just as true today. What has changed is that our citizenry is quite certain about things they do not know. Imagine if a Doctor said that he wanted to bleed you to let the evil spirits out. We all know that is nonsense. We all learned in School about what makes us sick, Bacteria and Virus’s. We know a lot about that, or at least enough to understand that drilling a hole in a head to let the evil spirts out is nonsense.

When we start to feel odd, we immediately rush to the Internet to seek out information, to find out what we have. Yet, we don’t do that for other information, just for Medical and I don’t know why we don’t. Perhaps it’s because we think we know it all already. Perhaps it is just that we are unaware how ignorant we are. Yet, we do just that.

We take the time to read about our child’s medical condition, and we sign up for all sorts of mailing lists, twitter feeds, Facebook groups, to keep ourselves educated and up to date on changes and new information. But when it comes to Guns, all the anti gun people want is the scary things to go away.

The scary things aren’t scary. I’ve never been afraid of a gun in my entire life. The person holding the gun may have my undivided attention, but the gun isn’t frightening.

It isn’t evil, the firearm is not able to choose it’s fate. Like the car driven by a Drunk, it is not responsible for the actions of the person. If someone slaps you, are you angry at the hand that made contact with your face, or the mind that controlled that hand?

If you were honest and applied the same irrational attitude you do with firearms, you would blame the hand.

It is time, past time, for some hard truths. The Police can not keep you safe. Two Supreme Court decisions have confirmed that the Police do not have a Constitutional Duty to protect anyone. Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

So the police can’t protect you, even if the three million sworn cops, that is to say Federal, State, County, and City cops, were able to numerically. But they make up less than 1% of the population, so that is obviously impossible. The Government can’t protect you. It is just as impossible.

I remember Katrina, and everyone shouting where was FEMA. The truth is that people imagined this large army of people wearing Sports Shirts and Dockers with hiking boots would descend on an area and provide assistance. The truth is that FEMA was a guy with a Satalite Phone and a Rolodex. There was no army of sport shirt wearing people waiting to rush in and provide succor. FEMA helps organize the response of local and area communities. They call and say we need fifty teams to work on Electircal Lines. We need twenty more ambulances. Whatever, the other towns and cities provide the personnel and equipment. All FEMA has is a Checkbook to pay for the stuff.

The same is true of the cops. They are responsible for investigating the crime that happens to you, but they aren’t able to prevent the crime.

So what can we do to help one another? That is simple. I can give you a fighting chance. Samuel Colt said his invention, the Revolver, was the great equalizer. That is literally true. It meant that someone who had spent a lifetime learning how to fight with a sword was equaled by someone who had spent a hour or two learning how to shoot. It makes the fight fair. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll win, but it gives you a chance.

We’ve covered the reasons for the Second Amendment, the words of the Founders themselves were posted not long ago. All of those truths that our Ancestors talked about, remain just as true today. What has changed is that our citizenry is quite certain about things they do not know. Imagine if a Doctor said that he wanted to bleed you to let the evil spirits out. We all know that is nonsense. We all learned in School about what makes us sick, Bacteria and Virus’s. We know a lot about that, or at least enough to understand that drilling a hole in a head to let the evil spirts out is nonsense.

When we start to feel odd, we immediately rush to the Internet to seek out information, to find out what we have. Yet, we don’t do that for other information, just for Medical and I don’t know why we don’t. Perhaps it’s because we think we know it all already. Perhaps it is just that we are unaware how ignorant we are. Yet, we do just that.

We take the time to read about our child’s medical condition, and we sign up for all sorts of mailing lists, twitter feeds, Facebook groups, to keep ourselves educated and up to date on changes and new information. But when it comes to Guns, all the anti gun people want is the scary things to go away.

The scary things aren’t scary. I’ve never been afraid of a gun in my entire life. The person holding the gun may have my undivided attention, but the gun isn’t frightening.

It isn’t evil, the firearm is not able to choose it’s fate. Like the car driven by a Drunk, it is not responsible for the actions of the person. If someone slaps you, are you angry at the hand that made contact with your face, or the mind that controlled that hand?

If you were honest and applied the same irrational attitude you do with firearms, you would blame the hand.
Yep, People kill people not firearms

As well as laws prohibiting murder – should laws prohibiting murder be repealed because they ‘don’t work.’
He's a lying hate filled America hating loser. Nothing he says about firearms is true other than they can be used to kill people. Texas is going in the right direction. Where I live, every school has armed staff, which is the ONLY answer to stop school shootings.
The U.K. has no school shootings. Parkland had an armed officer...

Good. You approve. Help me out. Which of these is an assault weapon that should be banned?
Who gives a fuck about your semantic games? Semi automatics that can take large magazines are running out of time here. I approve.
They are, in fact, gaining popularity and growing because people recognize the Constitution is greater than your fears.

A coward like you.

Bet the time of AR/AK derivatives that can take large magazines is shrinking fast here. I approve.

Good. You approve. Help me out. Which of these is an assault weapon that should be banned?

View attachment 250836 View attachment 250837

Tell me which of these are bad, or good, and acceptable, or unacceptable, your choice, and why.
Lawmaking bodies, reflecting the will of the people, have the authority to determine what is or is not an assault weapon.

An assault weapons exist as a fact of law, not the consequence of its appearance or how it functions.

And given the fact that the Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of measures placing limits and restrictions on firearms designated to be assault weapons, such restrictions and measures are perfectly Constitutional and in no manner violate the Second Amendment.

Yes....in fact, they do...since they ruled on this in Heller and in Scalia and his dissent in Friedman v Highland park where he specifically states the AR-15 rifle, and therfore all rifles like it...are protected by the 2nd amendment....

Heller......

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001), the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

Friedman v Highland Park...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

They average one mass public shooting every 10 years, and in the last few years they almost had 3 school shootings, which is an increase.......the only thing that stopped them was dumb luck, not their gun control laws.....

Teenage boys planned to 'kill everyone' at Yorkshire school in Columbine-style gun and bomb massacre, court hears

Two teenage boys planned to “kill everyone” at their Yorkshireschool in a Columbine-style massacre using bombs and guns, a court has heard.

The document said the boy would “lay low” in Catterick before murdering his ex-girlfriend’s parents and stealing her father’s guns, the court heard.

“I’ll make some explosives then well find a way back to Northallerton and well begin our assault on that f****** school,” it continued

----

"This was no teenage fantasy; it was real,” he added. “They intended a re-enactment of the Columbine High School Massacre although fortunately, in the result, they were stopped before their plans were put into action.”
=====

British teen sentenced to life for planned school attack

Despite some of the tightest gun control on the planet, a British man was able to acquire a handgun, extended mags and explosives as part of a plot to attack his former school.

Liam Lyburd, 19, of Newcastle upon Tyne, was sentenced to life imprisonment this week on eight charges of possessing weapons with intent to endanger life.

As noted by the BBC, Lyburd gathered a cache that included a Glock 19, three 33-round magazines, 94 hollow-point bullets, CS gas, five pipe bombs and two other improvised explosive devices despite the country’s long history of civilian arms control.

According to court documents, Lyburd planned to use the weapons in an attack on Newcastle College, from which he had been expelled two years prior for poor attendance. He was arrested last November after two Northumbria Police constables visited him at his home on a tip from an individual who encountered threats and disturbing pictures posted by Lyburd online.

Despite a defense that portrayed the reclusive man as living in a fantasy world, Lyburd was found guilty in July.

The internet-savvy teen obtained the Glock and other items through Evolution Marketplace, a successor to the Silk Road, a long-time “dark web” site in which users could buy and sell everything from illegal narcotics to munitions using Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

In court, Lyburd testified that buying the Glock was so easy it was “like buying a bar of chocolate.”

He obtained funds for his purchases through a complex extortion scheme in which he used online malware to infect computers, which he in turn held for ransom from their owners.
=====

====Teenage boy 'took shotgun to school after being bullied for being fat'

15-year-old boy arrested for taking shotgun and ammunition into school did it because he was being bullied for being too fat, fellow pupils said.

Who gives a fuck about your semantic games? Semi automatics that can take large magazines are running out of time here. I approve.
They are, in fact, gaining popularity and growing because people recognize the Constitution is greater than your fears.
upload_2019-3-20_18-26-9.jpeg

Who sat outside pissing his pants

Just more proof that the fucking cops won't be there to save your sorry ass

Forum List

Back