Learning plumbing online!? Recommendation

What's the big deal about getting a license?

What, too much effort on your part? Maybe the reason you're such a failure in life is that you're lazy?

I think it’s a good cause to start a political movement to deregulate all these types of jobs. So free ordinary people can have the same liberties everyone else has! Who’s with me!?

You mean so that any hack who calls himself a plumber can come into your house, fuck up your plumbing, hand you a hefty bill, and then move on with virtually no recourse on your part available?
It’s how America was for 200 years, I believe Americans are smart enough to make good decisions.. maybe you don’t? Why live here if you think so lowly of our citizens?

Two hundred years ago you dug a ditch, squatted and buried your urine and crap if you even did that...

Most Americans and the world did not have indoor plumbing two hundred years ago...

Hell a few still don't!

( not me before you make another comment )
Well you need a education then

What, too much effort on your part? Maybe the reason you're such a failure in life is that you're lazy?

The moment he smells another person crap he will stop!

Just not that but having to snake out a pipe because women refuse to throw their tampons in the waste basket and flush it will get him...

If that does not change his mind wait until you pump out a septic tank and have to get in a fix it!

It pays great but it is a crap of a job!

I think it’s a good cause to start a political movement to deregulate all these types of jobs. So free ordinary people can have the same liberties everyone else has! Who’s with me!?

You mean so that any hack who calls himself a plumber can come into your house, fuck up your plumbing, hand you a hefty bill, and then move on with virtually no recourse on your part available?
It’s how America was for 200 years, I believe Americans are smart enough to make good decisions.. maybe you don’t? Why live here if you think so lowly of our citizens?

Two hundred years ago you dug a ditch, squatted and buried your urine and crap if you even did that...

Most Americans and the world did not have indoor plumbing two hundred years ago...

Hell a few still don't!

WTF are you yammering on about?

In 1819 most of America didn't it have indoor toilets, showers or baths with running water...

So educate yourself...

I’m seeing a city struggle because of over regulation, I believe in liberty, I belive America was created by millions of independent entrepreneurial Americans, but didn’t want to go to school they were extremely creative, and when you hold them back America struggles. You all don’t have to live here but that’s the Philosophy of America freedom liberty.. thanks

I’m seeing a city struggle because of over regulation, I believe in liberty, I belive America was created by millions of independent entrepreneurial Americans, but didn’t want to go to school they were extremely creative, and when you hold them back America struggles. You all don’t have to live here but that’s the Philosophy of America freedom liberty.. thanks

OK then. You go ahead and start your own plumbing company without a license and see how far you get.

I have no idea how old you are but maybe it's high time for you to grow up and face reality.

Hell a few still don't!

In 1819 most of America didn't it have indoor toilets, showers or baths with running water...

So educate yourself...
Yea maybe where your family lived lol

So I been intrigued about leering a trade,, and want to take a plumbing class, but I have no schools near me, but their is online courses. Any recommendations??
About the best way to learn a hands on trade is... HANDS ON. I'd try and find an apprenticeship with a plumbing company.

OK then. You go ahead and start your own plumbing company without a license and see how far you get.

I have no idea how old you are but maybe it's high time for you to grow up and face reality.

Not far seeing he will lack the insurance, license and knowledge and believe me the boy would puke when he smell his first septic system backing up...

No I’m putting an act together I will have the thousands of Americans struggling in Boston sign the deregulation act and have it signed in to law.. Boston will be the first city to return to liberty and justice for all

Not far seeing he will lack the insurance, license and knowledge and believe me the boy would puke when he smell his first septic system backing up...
Why can’t you carry a debate with out calling people names?

A licensed plumber?
No school available near you?
Reject unions?

Take your pride away and start all over again.

1)- First you need 6 month training learning bad words.
2)- Three months getting drunk and learning how to stink like sewer water.
3)- Find a job as apprentice in a business which has a Master plumber.
4)- Work as apprentice for four years (two years in some States) renewing the apprentice license every year
5)- In the forth year Master plumber letter of recommendation for you to have the code test.
6)- Read the plumbing code book and be familiar with it.
7)- Have the code test and pass it. (Trade code tests are usually open books)

When you finish, please pass by and knock my door, I have a stop up toilet.
Damn all that to make a living .. no wonder so many struggling in urban cities

It's a skilled trade. Takes time to learn.

Plumbers are in demand, and in part likely due to some of this, which I am sure discourages some, but at the other end is a very well paying career that can't be outsourced.

A few years investment in yourself is what all that is...
They were deregulated until just a few years ago, then plumber, electrician and the like all needed to be licensed. You have to pass the Code test, and yes most are open book, but still, you have to know what you're doing to pass. I have a friend that's owned his own Electrician business for over 40 years, and it took him 4 times to pass the Master Electrician Code test and get his license. It was either that or he was done. But he charges $60 an hour ou there in little backwoods podunk land, so you can make a pretty decent living. I've helped him on and off for decades on bigger jobs, and he pays me $20 an hour cash. I don't complain, I like the work myself, and since I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, I have a good working knowledge of what I'm doing.

A licensed plumber?
Reject unions?

4)- Work as apprentice for four years (two years in some States) renewing the apprentice license every year
5)- In the forth year Master plumber letter of recommendation for you to have the code test.

Plumbers are in demand, and in part likely due to some of this, which I am sure discourages some, but at the other end is a very well paying career that can't be outsourced.

They were deregulated until just a few years ago, then plumber, electrician and the like all needed to be licensed. You have to pass the Code test, and yes most are open book, but still, you have to know what you're doing to pass. I have a friend that's owned his own Electrician business for over 40 years, and it took him 4 times to pass the Master Electrician Code test and get his license. It was either that or he was done.
Let’s take that book and grow it away , I’m sure people can study and learn on their own

Hell a few still don't!

So educate yourself...

Well come on and prove me wrong boy!

The damn White House did not have running water until 1833 and in 1804 Philadelphia was the first city to use cast iron pipes...

So educate yourself seeing most of rural America did not have indoor plumbing until the next century...

The History of Plumbing in the United States

What name did I call you?

Also when you tell someone to educate themselves on a subject you have no education in tell me you are not wanting to debate but just troll...

A licensed plumber?
Reject unions?

They were deregulated until just a few years ago, then plumber, electrician and the like all needed to be licensed. You have to pass the Code test, and yes most are open book, but still, you have to know what you're doing to pass. I have a friend that's owned his own Electrician business for over 40 years, and it took him 4 times to pass the Master Electrician Code test and get his license. It was either that or he was done.
Let’s take that book and grow it away , I’m sure people can study and learn on their own
"Grow it away?" Not sure what you mean there, pard.

But you need the code book. Electrical and plumbing work has become quite complicated lately. There is a LOT to know, and when you lay hands on a job, you just bought the farm, because if it isn't up to code, you're liable.

A licensed plumber?
Reject unions?

Well then just make sure to be standing in a puddle of water when you touch the live wire... I promise it will not hurt you at all...

*** Disclaimer if the individual does it I am not responsible for his stupidity ***

Hell a few still don't!

So educate yourself...

The damn White House did not have running water until 1833 and in 1804 Philadelphia was the first city to use cast iron pipes...

So educate yourself seeing most of rural America did not have indoor plumbing until the next century...

Also when you tell someone to educate themselves on a subject you have no education in tell me you are not wanting to debate but just troll...
Sorry you are wrong ,, just deal with it

"Grow it away?" Not sure what you mean there, pard.

But you need the code book. Electrical and plumbing work has become quite complicated lately. There is a LOT to know, and when you lay hands on a job, you just bought the farm, because if it isn't up to code, you're liable.
I’m going to Deregulate all those laws we’re gonna throw it all away, and we are going to go back to trusting Americans again

Well then just make sure to be standing in a puddle of water when you touch the live wire... I promise it will not hurt you at all...

*** Disclaimer if the individual does it I am not responsible for his stupidity ***
The substance you add is amazing.. good job lol

Hell a few still don't!

So educate yourself...

Sorry you are wrong ,, just deal with it

No, you deal with it seeing you lack the experience and education on the subject matter.

It is not my fault you believe what you believe but as usual you believe in a lot of stupid nonsense...

Forum List

Back