Leap of Faith.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Never again. Never again will I throw myself into a woman who does not throw herself back into me. Never again will I be 'easy'. I have a LOT to offer somebody, and I'm a fantastic lover - not specifically in bed, but in life. I know how to love a woman with my whole heart. I should be a 'prize' to a woman. A woman's friends should say 'Wow, how did you score THAT guy?'

I will walk away from sure-thing sex if need be. I don't seek sex after all, I seek love and passion and commitment. I seek a romance to last a lifetime - not a toss in the sheets for the evening. I'm pretty damn good looking, for a dude. I have flaws, but I am perfect 'where it matters'. I'm NOT a bumbling idiot of a father shown so often in popular media. I am a man of principle and a man of courage. I am confident in my ability to do the right thing under pressure. I believe in myself and my God. I believe between the two of us, nothing is impossible.

dmp said:
Never again. Never again will I throw myself into a woman who does not throw herself back into me. Never again will I be 'easy'. I have a LOT to offer somebody, and I'm a fantastic lover - not specifically in bed, but in life. I know how to love a woman with my whole heart. I should be a 'prize' to a woman. A woman's friends should say 'Wow, how did you score THAT guy?'

I will walk away from sure-thing s*x if need be. I don't seek s*x after all, I seek love and passion and commitment. I seek a romance to last a lifetime - not a toss in the sheets for the evening. I'm pretty damn good looking, for a dude. I have flaws, but I am perfect 'where it matters'. I'm NOT a bumbling idiot of a father shown so often in popular media. I am a man of principle and a man of courage. I am confident in my ability to do the right thing under pressure. I believe in myself and my God. I believe between the two of us, nothing is impossible.
:beer:

dmp said:

I will walk away from sure-thing sex if need be. I don't seek sex after all, I seek love and passion and commitment. I seek a romance to last a lifetime - not a toss in the sheets for the evening. I'm pretty damn good looking, for a dude. I have flaws, but I am perfect 'where it matters'. I'm NOT a bumbling idiot of a father shown so often in popular media. I am a man of principle and a man of courage. I am confident in my ability to do the right thing under pressure. I believe in myself and my God. I believe between the two of us, nothing is impossible.
Hopefully, we shouldn't think of ourselves so much as a prize to a woman/man, but a prize to God. God isn't as interested in our relationships with people as He is in our relationship with Him. Sometimes, people get in the way.

dmp said:

What many men should use as their Mantra.

Bravo!

mom4 said:
Hopefully, we shouldn't think of ourselves so much as a prize to a woman/man, but a prize to God. God isn't as interested in our relationships with people as He is in our relationship with Him. Sometimes, people get in the way.

God works through people developing relationships; God is EVERYTHING about relationships. That's God's method. He wants people to BE in relationships with others. Church, Marriage, Friendships, Discipleships.

dmp said:
God works through people developing relationships; God is EVERYTHING about relationships. That's God's method. He wants people to BE in relationships with others. Church, Marriage, Friendships, Discipleships.

He does work through people. Or not. He made a way for us to come directly to Him.

Well, I suppose my ranting/writing was a way I can take accountability for letting myself be put through all kinds of heartache and at times, embarassment. I wrote that because I'm tired of thinking God didn't create something special within me; tired of believing I didn't warrant healthy relationships and feelings and healthy appreciation for the effort God put into making Me who I am today.

I'm proud of, and thankful to God for having the power and the concern to bring me out of a very dark place in my life. This little rant was my way of acknowledging a bit of 'worth'. I'm worth loving, even if only by God. I won't settle anymore. That's my point.

There's a fine line, I suppose, between Humility and self-deprecating. For too long, I've been the latter.

dmp said:
Well, I suppose my ranting/writing was a way I can take accountability for letting myself be put through all kinds of heartache and at times, embarassment. I wrote that because I'm tired of thinking God didn't create something special within me; tired of believing I didn't warrant healthy relationships and feelings and healthy appreciation for the effort God put into making Me who I am today.

I'm proud of, and thankful to God for having the power and the concern to bring me out of a very dark place in my life. This little rant was my way of acknowledging a bit of 'worth'. I'm worth loving, even if only by God. I won't settle anymore. That's my point.

There's a fine line, I suppose, between Humility and self-deprecating. For too long, I've been the latter.
You certainly are just as worthy as any human being of being loved. You have some wonderful qualities, creativity, emotion, and expressiveness, to name a few.

D, maybe you should keep a daily or weekly diary (or blog if you prefer a more public forum) of your writing, and then in the future you can look back at it and see all the changes you go through.

New Topics

Forum List

Back