leaning barn

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
015-15.jpg

Where we rented, the landlord had a big old barn that they overloaded with hay. Over the years it sagged and leaned and was ready to collapse.

A guy came by one day offering to dismantle the thing for free, in return for the wood. He restored the wood and sold it as restoration material.

Landlord declined. What did he do? He burned it to the ground. It was heartbreaking.

When I was in college, I had a girlfriend that lived out in the "country" in what looked like a real pile of crap....... inside was really nicely done. The garage looked a lot like this, I use to park my little Triumph Spitfire inside with the top down. I always thought that one morning I would walk out and find it collapsed on my car. A few months after we broke up, it did. Sad to see old places like this in such disrepair.

This tractor saves the airlines millions a year in fuel by dragging the aircraft from one gate to another or to the hanger for mechanical work that needs to be done. Really fun to drive. It will pull a 777 at 35 miles an hour.

Forum List

Back