Lean in Circles

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
U.S. Marines and members of all branches of the military are being encouraged to join monthly “Lean In” support groups, where they can visit a “safe place” to talk about gender issues.

The Pentagon is partnering with Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer of Facebook, who began the “Lean In” gender equality movement.

The Marines posted a memorandum on “Lean In Circles” last week, which are intended to make women and men feel more “comfortable” talking about gender in the military.

Continued here
Pentagon Urging Marines to Join‘Lean In’ Circles

It seems to me that this talking in a circle stuff is all very well in a university setting but is not likely to help our military to fight to protect the US and may very likely add to casualties. What do you think?

I fear programs like this single women out as a "special class " in need of psycho-social groups to address their special needs. We can't have this in the military. Our military has high standards and each member must meet them in order to be accepted in to the military or accepted into special forces or elite groups. Either you meet the standards or you don't. I'm not sure how much gender really comes into play and it seems a waste of time to stand around in a circle discussing it.

More PC BS

A way for the Military to let service personnel open up about issues ,allegedly without reprimand.

A gripe session for the sexist of both sides to say the integrating of women into combat roles is stupid .

99 % of the gripe sessions I have been to in the civilian world never changed a thing . The hierarchy just wanted to know what was being thought, who was thinking it, and to confirm or deny office rumors they heard.

The gripe sessions were not to change poor or unfair practices , the gripe sessions were to know what was being said and who said it .

Shadow 355

More PC BS

A way for the Military to let service personnel open up about issues ,allegedly without reprimand.

A gripe session for the sexist of both sides to say the integrating of women into combat roles is stupid .

99 % of the gripe sessions I have been to in the civilian world never changed a thing . The hierarchy just wanted to know what was being thought, who was thinking it, and to confirm or deny office rumors they heard.

The gripe sessions were not to change poor or unfair practices , the gripe sessions were to know what was being said and who said it .

Shadow 355

I tend to agree

[QUOTE="SassyIrishLass, post: 12953851, member:]

I tend to agree[/QUOTE]

I am well versed and experienced in people, and senior leadership turning a blind eye, or " egging on " eton doing .

I have years of experience in that department . As well as dealing with fraudulent people and those who perpetrate false info and sincerity.

Both male and female sexes .

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back