Leading geneticist says reversing the aging process in humans could be 20 years away

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Leading geneticist says reversing the aging process in humans could be 20 years away

In my opinion, the invention of technology that could stop or reverse aging would be a catastrophe for mankind.

It is hard enough for the young to get started these days, things would get worse if the previous generation didn't die, but just remained in place, blocking younger people from opportunities for advancement.
So when they come up with the drug that makes you younger, are you saying you're not going to take it?

In my opinion, the invention of technology that could stop or reverse aging would be a catastrophe for mankind.

It is hard enough for the young to get started these days, things would get worse if the previous generation didn't die, but just remained in place, blocking younger people from opportunities for advancement.

Don't worry, it will only be available to the uber rich.

The final step of class warfare.

Look at it this way, you might be able to marry your son's female friends... and will look normal...

So when they come up with the drug that makes you younger, are you saying you're not going to take it?

It's cool. I'll take his dose and mine too.

I saw a segment on it when I watched 60 minutes over this past weekend. It was interesting.

Don't worry, it will only be available to the uber rich.
The final step of class warfare.
If I owned a health insurance company, I would cover members taking this drug and cut my health care costs down by 95%

I cannot see that not happening.

Look at it this way, you might be able to marry your son's female friends... and will look normal...
But why would anyone want to be permanently attached to a Millenial female?

Or just anyone that is cross generational by too much? Women your age will look just as good if that is your measure, but they will also share more of your genrational culture and experience.

No, I would not take a drug to reverse aging. I'm actually looking forward to death. It means an end to all my problems.

No, I would not take a drug to reverse aging. I'm actually looking forward to death. It means an end to all my problems.
Wow, that is depressing, Rook.

I look forward to Purgatory/Paradise and eventually being in the Divine Presence of the Creator.

But I see it as my duty to extend my life as much as possible to continue to serve the Creator for as long as He wishes me to.

When he calls me to come home, no medicine will prevent it.

I look forward to Purgatory/Paradise and eventually being in the Divine Presence of the Creator.

But I see it as my duty to extend my life as much as possible to continue to serve the Creator for as long as He wishes me to.

I disagree. It is the duty of the old to die to make room for the younger generation.

I disagree. It is the duty of the old to die to make room for the younger generation.
I disagree. The younger generation is smaller and needs our leadership.

Since if it's really only 20 years away I might actually live to see it I say "screw the youngsters". I don't particularly want to die.

Every decision needs to be weighed in the light of will it decrease or increase carbon emissions......well so they would have you think so in that light all funding should be withdrawn and put toward climate science......times a wasting

Screw that crap I want to be around when the Sun goes Red Giant.

Forum List

Back