Leadership

How important is that someone should "walk the walk" in order to be credible?

• The slightest deviation means he is insincere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • as long as an effort is being made, I will match effort for effort

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Other people's words are just air. I am responsible for my own way.

• Vacuuous words are enough to convince me

• Total voters
Sep 12, 2008
We have been hearing lots and lots of advice how we right wingers need to tone it down a bit. How we are being incivil and are the cause of mass murder.

If you need to get to a better destination, it is usually good advice to lead the way. Maybe others will follow, probably not. But if you have a goal in mind, it is best to head there yourself, in the hope that others might come along behind.

So those who call for civility, lead us to this upland pasture of sweetness and light.
Forebear from posting inflammatory mangled quotes out of context
Do not accuse enemies of your own failings
do not put words into the mouths of others. People say what they mean. Oftimes there are freudian slips, but even then, one should not read into a statement something that is not there.
Do not assume that because there is one disagreement on one policy that there is instant disagreement on some moral standard.

If you really are sincere in this, that you really want a higher standard, than you have to live the standard you preach. Not all the time. Man is fragile, and there are always snares and temptations, but one should make an effort to conform one's behavior to one's word as much as is possible.

I think everyone is blowing up these things to be something they're not. I think people on the right are being too sensitive here, and that the overwhelming majority of the left, and the center don't blame them for the killings. Forget the TV/radio show pundits-they all say what they want their viewers/listeners to believe (both sides do this). How many of the elected officials have blamed the right for the attacks? No Republicans, Obama hasn't and I haven't seen anybody in his cabinet do it either. Obama mentioned the right/GOP once that I can remember, when he mentioned one of those who died was a Republican (there may have been more in all fairness-but if there were, he didn't put them in a bad light whatsoever). I haven't seen any Senators, or House Members do it. If there are a few who do it (there very well could be), it's in the very small minority of them.

In short: I think the right is overreacting. Chill out-not that many people on the left are blaming the right.

edit: this isn't addressed at the OP, just my general views on things.

Last edited:
After 8-years of calling Bush "chimp" the dems are now crying "foul". IMHO we need to keep ignoring the dems and their whiny MSM outlets.

Forum List

Back