Leadership Deficit.. :)

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Paul Ryan: | RealClearPolitics

Here's the problem we have right now, Mr. Speaker. We have a leadership deficit. I keep hearing about the President's got a plan. The President's offering balance. The President hasn't offered a thing yet. Nothing on paper. Nothing in public. Leading on reporters at press conferences is not leadership. Giving speeches according to the CBO is not budgeting.

Here's the problem we have right now, Mr. Speaker. We have a leadership deficit. I keep hearing about the President's got a plan. The President's offering balance. The President hasn't offered a thing yet. Nothing on paper. Nothing in public. Leading on reporters at press conferences is not leadership. Giving speeches according to the CBO is not budgeting.

Making decisions based upon reelection, is not leadership, it is stonewalling...

its over, I saw 2 graphics today, one on cbs and the other on msnbc calling the gang 6 'plan' the Obama plan....yup, you heard that right. the sheeple will eat it up.

here are some thoughts on that-

Contentions
Conventional Wisdom Frames a Faulty Storyline to Suit Obama on Debt
Peter Wehner 07.19.2011 - 4:16 PM

In his interview with Don Imus, CBS’s Bob Schieffer said that today’s vote on The Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011 is a “total waste of time, the votes aren’t there to get the thing passed. Whether you think it’s a good thing or a bad thing, and so it’s kind of part of this little Kabuki dance that we go through.”

Schieffer represents the Conventional Wisdom about as well as anyone — and in this case, the CW seems to be that the GOP plan is a “total waste of time,” unreasonable, unserious, and inflexible, while anything President Obama demands is fair, balanced, thoughtful and Solomon-like. But exactly why is it that Republicans should be expected to embrace higher taxes when, say, Obamacare is considered untouchable?

Says who?

Obamacare, after all, is highly unpopular, extremely expensive, and deeply damaging to the national interest. But because it’s Obama’s signature domestic piece of legislation, the rest of us are supposed to view it as some kind of legislative masterpiece? Sorry, but I for one don’t accept those ground rules.

And why should the GOP be expected to cede ground on taxes when the White House, beginning a few weeks ago, began to privately pull back from structural reforms to entitlement programs? Why is it that a serious if imperfect plan (see Keith Hennessey’s fine analysis here): is deemed a “total waste of time” instead of the president’s veto threat being characterized as dismissive, intransigent, and irresponsible – especially since the president himself has yet to offer anything more than vague promises, shifting commitments, and banalities?

more here , free article-
Conventional Wisdom Frames a Faulty Storyline to Suit Obama on Debt « Commentary Magazine

Forum List

Back