Leaders Who Won't Choose

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Sep 18, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I think Zakaria is right on target...

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep, yesterday I posted that even FDR realized you can't do it all. Decisions to cut have to be made somewhere.

BTW Eddie, that's the same problem with Sudan-we can't afford to go it alone. On this, Bush hasn't jumped, but they can't vote.

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Don't you just love DeLay's quote that there is no fat left to cut in the federal budget? That has got to be the Oscar winner of all time. He needs to get a new pair of glasses and take another look at the highway and energy bills. Bush must have needed a new pair of glasses, too, when he signed those bills. Unconscionable.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :beer:

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    With Sudan, its a matter of us hardly trying at all. If we actually gave a damn, we would use our influence, policies and power to get Egypt involved in a big way, as well as other Arab nations that have an interest there. Then let's not even go into how we're letting the African countries fail themselves, their people and their futures without nary a peep from any important American official.

This guy is just losing any semblance of an effective presidency, and taking America with him. At least we're getting two long-needed conservative supreme court justices, but is that worth all of this when it comes down to it?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Colin Powell said much. He's gone and I have to agree with you, since his departure, not much has been said, nothing done. I don't see that is going to change, sadly.

There is much about this administration that pisses me off, such as the grandiose plans for New Orleans. The cave-in on including FEMA into Homeland Security that he had fought for nearly a year. The out of control spending without oversites.

Internationally, much less to criticize. We were never going to get a broad 'coalition', we will continue to go with the 'willing.'

7. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    But.......I thought Democrats were the party of big government!!!!!!!!! :salute:

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Internationally, a lot to criticize for me.

Sudan, Uzbekistan, China, India, Pakistan, etc etc. This administration's diplomacy is worse than Carter's. We have gotten through these 4 years with the skin of our teeth, secured only by the bravery of our fighting men and women. Our diplomats suck, Rice and Powell included. We are utterly incompetent. If we ever faced an enemy that was not idiotic, conflicted or incompetent, we would be defeated easily. Between our weak population, our disasterous leaders and our inability to have any intelligent diplomats lately, we'd be a goner.

9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I'm sorry, but I just the American people, the American government,the American media, the American leaders... they suck... nearly every last one of them.
    The common American is an idiot, they are brainwashed by an MSM that feeds them lies and half-truths, and they willingly accept it. They swallow bullshit and demagoguery from the right and the left, willingly. They're like sheep being led to the slaughter.
    The rest of the world is no better, often a whole lot worse.
    Even our exceptional leaders couldn't hold a candle to any of our greats before 1960... those who lionize bush as another FDR, TR, Lincoln, Washington, hell even Andrew Jackson.. they're smoking more crack than bobby and whitney. Kerry or ANY of the democrats couldn't even compare to an Adlai Stevenson or William Jennings Bryan.
    The American media is Al-Queda's best friend. Look at how they fawn over Iran's fascist leader, how they condemn and jeer Bush and others.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Guess you aren't planning a bid for office, huh? :laugh: