LDS Church 'clarifies' the clarification on LGBT children

they used to baptize graves if jews as a way of converting them and saving their souls

Somehow it made sense to the LDS

They never asked the corpse or their family.

Feminist Mormon Housewives are now chiming. Many of these women are active LDS, holding church callings in the wards and stakes. Here we go.

Why The Clarification Clarifies Nothing

------------------

So, the Church Newsroom just released a clarification on the whole new policy regarding same-sex couples.

What it effectively clarified is that it's really just affecting families where the same-sex couple is the primary caregiver. Everyone else is still in the green.

And, it's still all to protect the children.

Well, I can appreciate wanting to protect children. I think it's very troubling to have children feel torn between something they think is important and necessary and right and the people they love who are not doing those important, necessary and right things. It's certainly not a fun place for any child.

But the reality is that any child is already placed in that situation the moment any adult takes them to Church, and they realize that their parents, loved care-givers or anyone else doesn't measure up to all the ideas - whether that's smoking and drinking that keeps them out of the temple, whether that's inactive parents, who are not sealed in the temple, whether that's a gay dad, who's left the family to live with a partner, a relative of has left the Church, or a child of polygamous parents. The children will feel torn and bad, no matter what. Unless you keep them out of Church. Which apparently is NOT what we're shooting for. In other words, they can come and participate, but not receive ordinances, because the ordinances will make them feel torn. Not the teachings.

[and much more at the link above]

This is the same church that used to arrange marriages to child brides and advocated polygamy not so long ago.

They are still a mile behind the times
Not so long ago? The Church Banned Polygamy in 1890 Wanna try again?

Utah Polygamy Ban Reversal ‘Bad News’ For LDS Church: Mormon Scholar

they used to baptize graves if jews as a way of converting them and saving their souls Somehow it made sense to the LDS They never asked the corpse or their family.
Since the consider themselves as the literal successors to the covenants of the Fathers made with Jehovah, the Latter Day saints truly are inconsiderate of any who disagree with them.

The General Authorities don't really care about the decriminalization of polygamy in Utah. It is just another way to put part of their past with which they (and their converts of the last fifty years) are very uncomfortable.

I don't care if The Pope, or Billy Graham or even Joseph Smith or your Mom told you, you could have homo sexual relationships.
I want you to show us from the Bible passages that support the life style you're pushing on this forum.
That is not the right question. You are one who turns scripture on head.

Look at the plural marriage questions.

Good, not, yes, maybe, not sure. No, you are not one who gets the scripture at all.
Just show us dumb Mormons a Biblical passage that sez, that the sexual immoral, and the effeminate go where God and Christ are.
You have no moral understanding of the purpose of holy scripture. You are a Mormon. You change scripture to fit your desires. Witness plural marriage, Native Americans, Africans, the role of women, and so forth and so on. Joseph Smith would have nothing to do with you today.
BS I've given you the latitude to use any scripture you want.
Since you're so hot on GA's and their foibles.
When I lived on Redwood Road. Calvin Smith lived across from us. His brothers. Sam and Royal bordered the northside of our farm. They were brothers of Joseph Fielding Smith. Joseph Fielding has been in my parents home. He has had dinner in my parents home. I have watch Packer football with JFS in my parents. home.
He told me if the church contradicts the Bible the Bible prevails. He told me if the Book of Mormon were to contradict the Bible, the Bible prevails.
Now I ask in the name of the Bible show me a passage that supports your perverted view????
Good memories, I am sure.

Too bad the Church has never followed JFS's guidance. So since the BoM condemns plural marriage (book of Jacob, right), but the Bible approves it, then the Church should support plural marriage. But it does not, and the Church persecutes those who do.

See, even by your understanding, you are inconsistent with scripture.
To bad you don't know your own Bible. I proved my point. End of conversation

Last edited:
You proved that you know nothing, ty.

You change scripture interpretation as a church all the time.

You have clearly failed to make you claim.

they used to baptize graves if jews as a way of converting them and saving their souls

That is a lie but then you seem to enjoy telling them.
Yes, you are lying. No Mormon every asked the family or the corpse for permission to baptize them for the dead.

That is a lie but then you seem to enjoy telling them.
Yes, you are lying. No Mormon every asked the family or the corpse for permission to baptize them for the dead.

seems he knows less about the LDS than he though.
Most of the old white high priests know very little, actually, about the LDS church in which they are members.

Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Just sayin'
My dog knows more about Sunday School than you do the Bible.
Maybe so. But what I posted is right out of the Bible. You can't deny that.

Nadine McCombs Hansen posted on FB

Today's NPR story on the situation with the LDS church's new policy tells of two children in the primary custody of their dad and his husband. The 8-year-old was about to be baptized, but now the church will not allow it. As a result many family members will be resigning.

"Unsicker-Montoya is resigning from the Mormon church, and many members of his family are joining him, including his mother, Laurie Sheldon.

"Where they say my grandchildren ain't gonna be welcome to be baptized, that kind of breaks my heart — I mean, really bad," says Sheldon. "I mean, you're not supposed to judge anybody, but I feel like now they're judging the kids and that's what hurts. To me, my son and his husband are the best parents ever."

"Three of Unsicker-Montoya's siblings are resigning, as well as his ex-wife, who has been going to church with her parents and the kids."

Choose the Right not

Preview

A friend's stake president has told his "stake membership that the policy was not gong change anything in his wards -- and if the membership were not happy with the policy, they needed to speak up. He is collecting letters to forward to Salt Lake."

Feminist Mormon Housewives are now chiming. Many of these women are active LDS, holding church callings in the wards and stakes. Here we go.

Why The Clarification Clarifies Nothing

------------------

So, the Church Newsroom just released a clarification on the whole new policy regarding same-sex couples.

What it effectively clarified is that it's really just affecting families where the same-sex couple is the primary caregiver. Everyone else is still in the green.

And, it's still all to protect the children.

Well, I can appreciate wanting to protect children. I think it's very troubling to have children feel torn between something they think is important and necessary and right and the people they love who are not doing those important, necessary and right things. It's certainly not a fun place for any child.

But the reality is that any child is already placed in that situation the moment any adult takes them to Church, and they realize that their parents, loved care-givers or anyone else doesn't measure up to all the ideas - whether that's smoking and drinking that keeps them out of the temple, whether that's inactive parents, who are not sealed in the temple, whether that's a gay dad, who's left the family to live with a partner, a relative of has left the Church, or a child of polygamous parents. The children will feel torn and bad, no matter what. Unless you keep them out of Church. Which apparently is NOT what we're shooting for. In other words, they can come and participate, but not receive ordinances, because the ordinances will make them feel torn. Not the teachings.

[and much more at the link above]
To bad the Bible and Jesus don't agree with you. You can whitewash the word of God all you want. But I'm choosing to stay on the Lord's side of the line.
Hopefully you will come, Like I have done to the absolute sureness of the Lord's word
I know your knowledge of the scriptures is lacking, and you refuse to accept as scripture what your mind cannot grasp. But if you continue to kick against the pricks you're going to lose your salvation.

Matt 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female.
And said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh"
Mark 10:6-9

Jude 7; Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance or eternal fire

1 Corinthians 6:9-11New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
I don't know why any gays want to be Christians. Crying and hoping the church will one day tolerate them.

Being gay is natural. There is nothing wrong with being gay unless you are trying to get the dude pregnant.

A friend's stake president has told his "stake membership that the policy was not gong change anything in his wards -- and if the membership were not happy with the policy, they needed to speak up. He is collecting letters to forward to Salt Lake."
...and given what a reliable source you are, I bet the letters are asking for a new head coach at byu.
Hey but there still letters.

...and given what a reliable source you are, I bet the letters are asking for a new head coach at byu.
tyrone, you are on the wrong side of the coin.

An active and very influential member of the church with those under forty wrote, "For anyone suggesting that the Gospel Topics essays are somehow not official, especially those who want to dismiss the Race and the Priesthood essay as such, it is now in writing on the Gospel Topics homepage:

"The purpose of these essays, which have been approved by the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, has been to gather accurate information from many different sources and publications and place it in the Gospel Topics section of LDS.org, where the material can more easily be accessed and studied by Church members and other interested parties."

The door to discussion in the LDS Church is wide open and cannot be shut. Whether on race, priesthood, polygamy, LGBT, the discussion in the open has begun.

tyrone, you are on the wrong side of the coin.

An active and very influential member of the church with those under forty wrote, "For anyone suggesting that the Gospel Topics essays are somehow not official, especially those who want to dismiss the Race and the Priesthood essay as such, it is now in writing on the Gospel Topics homepage:

"The purpose of these essays, which have been approved by the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, has been to gather accurate information from many different sources and publications and place it in the Gospel Topics section of LDS.org, where the material can more easily be accessed and studied by Church members and other interested parties."

The door to discussion in the LDS Church is wide open and cannot be shut. Whether on race, priesthood, polygamy, LGBT, the discussion in the open has begun.
I'll just go back to post #56 As proven with me and others you're not a reliable source.

tyrone, you are a far right reactionary Mormon farmer from Idaho who won't step into the 21st century. The discussion is happening now, and it is not going to stop and it is not going to go in all the ways you want. I post evidence, and you post your opinion, which elicits

omg-meme-generator-omg-i-know-right-dd6cfd.jpg

A Dream

Gay people were not allowed to live in the homes -- but lived outside with the farm animals. One of these women saw a family member whom she love dearly. She was covered in mud, bloody and bruised. In tears she ran to him for comfort and threw her arms around him. At first, he embraced her -- but he was called to attention. He stood erect in his soldier's uniform as duty required, and ignored the crying woman. Then I awoke.

Forum List

Back