LDS Church 'clarifies' the clarification on LGBT children

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Feminist Mormon Housewives are now chiming. Many of these women are active LDS, holding church callings in the wards and stakes. Here we go.

Why The Clarification Clarifies Nothing

------------------

So, the Church Newsroom just released a clarification on the whole new policy regarding same-sex couples.

What it effectively clarified is that it's really just affecting families where the same-sex couple is the primary caregiver. Everyone else is still in the green.

And, it's still all to protect the children.

Well, I can appreciate wanting to protect children. I think it's very troubling to have children feel torn between something they think is important and necessary and right and the people they love who are not doing those important, necessary and right things. It's certainly not a fun place for any child.

But the reality is that any child is already placed in that situation the moment any adult takes them to Church, and they realize that their parents, loved care-givers or anyone else doesn't measure up to all the ideas - whether that's smoking and drinking that keeps them out of the temple, whether that's inactive parents, who are not sealed in the temple, whether that's a gay dad, who's left the family to live with a partner, a relative of has left the Church, or a child of polygamous parents. The children will feel torn and bad, no matter what. Unless you keep them out of Church. Which apparently is NOT what we're shooting for. In other words, they can come and participate, but not receive ordinances, because the ordinances will make them feel torn. Not the teachings.

[and much more at the link above]

Feminist Mormon Housewives are now chiming. Many of these women are active LDS, holding church callings in the wards and stakes. Here we go.

------------------

So, the Church Newsroom just released a clarification on the whole new policy regarding same-sex couples.

What it effectively clarified is that it's really just affecting families where the same-sex couple is the primary caregiver. Everyone else is still in the green.

Well, I can appreciate wanting to protect children. I think it's very troubling to have children feel torn between something they think is important and necessary and right and the people they love who are not doing those important, necessary and right things. It's certainly not a fun place for any child.

But the reality is that any child is already placed in that situation the moment any adult takes them to Church, and they realize that their parents, loved care-givers or anyone else doesn't measure up to all the ideas - whether that's smoking and drinking that keeps them out of the temple, whether that's inactive parents, who are not sealed in the temple, whether that's a gay dad, who's left the family to live with a partner, a relative of has left the Church, or a child of polygamous parents. The children will feel torn and bad, no matter what. Unless you keep them out of Church. Which apparently is NOT what we're shooting for. In other words, they can come and participate, but not receive ordinances, because the ordinances will make them feel torn. Not the teachings.

This is the same church that used to arrange marriages to child brides and advocated polygamy not so long ago.

They are still a mile behind the times

• Banned
The LDS, in many ways, are a great people, but when they adopt "we are victims" mentalities (non-LDS, or pro or anti polygamists, or LGBT), they can be the worst of haters.

------------------

To bad the Bible and Jesus don't agree with you. You can whitewash the word of God all you want. But I'm choosing to stay on the Lord's side of the line.
Hopefully you will come, Like I have done to the absolute sureness of the Lord's word
I know your knowledge of the scriptures is lacking, and you refuse to accept as scripture what your mind cannot grasp. But if you continue to kick against the pricks you're going to lose your salvation.

Matt 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female.
And said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh"
Mark 10:6-9

Jude 7; Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance or eternal fire

1 Corinthians 6:9-11New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

• Banned
Avatar and tyroneweaver belong to the "believe it or leave it" group of LDS priesthood holders.

• Banned
The LDS, in many ways, are a great people, but when they adopt "we are victims" mentalities (non-LDS, or pro or anti polygamists, or LGBT), they can be the worst of haters.
by your definition of course
The LDS have chronologically suffered from a persecution complex rooted in the 'we vs them" syndrome.
Robert Kirby, a columnist in Salt Lake City with a real wit, writes about persecution and Mormons at Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune

He begins with "To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever tried to kill me because I'm Mormon. I'm not always paying attention, though. Maybe they have.

People have tried to kill me for other things, including/mainly just because I'm me, but never because of my religion. Pity. It's possible I'm missing an important faith-promoting experience: religious persecution.

This is not to say I haven't been badly treated because of my religion. To the best of my recollection, the three most notable incidents were these:

A girl who wouldn't date me because I was Mormon.

A boss who fired me because I was Mormon.

A fight I got into in the Army over whether the LDS prophet at the time could beat up televangelist Jimmy Swaggart.
To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever tried to kill me because I'm Mormon. I'm not always paying attention, though. Maybe they have."

And so on. Very introspective.

The LDS have chronologically suffered from a persecution complex rooted in the 'we vs them" syndrome.
Don't like anti sodomy scriptures do ya? or maybe you just don't like the Bible in general.

Don't like anti sodomy scriptures do ya? or maybe you just don't like the Bible in general.
Yea, you were your persecution complex like a little girl wears flowers in her hair.

Yea, you were your persecution complex like a little girl wears flowers in her hair.
Always figured your positions on most things were ignorance of the Bible. But I didn't realize how deep it ran until now.

So...no oral sex for you, eh?

Avatar and tyroneweaver belong to the "believe it or leave it" group of LDS priesthood holders.

And they change their stand of doctrines as a Church all the time, so their use of scripture is dubious at the best of times.

All churches bad, not so bad, maybe not bad, who knows.

Polygamy good,monogamy bad; polygamy good but hide it, monogamy OK but not really; monogamy is God's way, polygamy is of the devil.

And I don't need to talk about blacks and the priesthood or the Native Americans and "white and delightsome."

------------------

To bad the Bible and Jesus don't agree with you. You can whitewash the word of God all you want. But I'm choosing to stay on the Lord's side of the line.
Hopefully you will come, Like I have done to the absolute sureness of the Lord's word
I know your knowledge of the scriptures is lacking, and you refuse to accept as scripture what your mind cannot grasp. But if you continue to kick against the pricks you're going to lose your salvation.

Matt 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female.
And said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh"
Mark 10:6-9

Jude 7; Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance or eternal fire

1 Corinthians 6:9-11New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

I can feel the love.

Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Just sayin'

And they change their stand of doctrines as a Church all the time, so their use of scripture is dubious at the best of times.

All churches bad, not so bad, maybe not bad, who knows.

Polygamy good,monogamy bad; polygamy good but hide it, monogamy OK but not really; monogamy is God's way, polygamy is of the devil.

And I don't need to talk about blacks and the priesthood or the Native Americans and "white and delightsome."
All that and you don't know Bible exegesis or hermetical study. Can't quote one scripture to support your claims.
Hey but you got the godless in here rallying to your cause.
Like a moth to a flame.

So...no oral sex for you, eh?
Your sick, get help

Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Just sayin'
My dog knows more about Sunday School than you do the Bible.

Forum List

Back