LDS Apostle Boyd Packer dies

So which is correct, the Jesus of the King James Bible that never visited North America or the Mormon Jesus who visited North America?

Can't be both.

The traditional Christians have no idea whether JC visited North America. The LDS say He did. Who cares?

So which is correct, the Jesus of the King James Bible that never visited North America or the Mormon Jesus who visited North America?

Can't be both.

Well
If Jesus can ride on the cloud, he could have floated over t North America..

I'm just saying that it could happen. Not like the disciples were with Jesus when he was test driving his Floaty.

I just want to get hold of the Golden Tablets what Joseph Smith swindled away probably in a saloon :alcoholic:then prohibited others drinking booze.

Can't be both.

why not? Because you've created a false dichotomy?

Jesus appeared to the scattered sheep of the house of Israel throughout the world. We only have the record of His preaching in two of the countless locations.

The traditional Christians have no idea whether JC visited North America. The LDS say He did. Who cares?

Satan.
Grow up, Avatar. You all are nattering about something does not matter. I have been to three or four testimony meetings in the last two years with either family or friends. This LDS Church, based on the average guy and gal, is not the LDS Church of Boyd Packer or L. Tom Perry of the 1960s. You may well see females in the priesthood before you die. Would that change your belief in the eternal security of the LDS Church as the one true church in your mind.

Can't be both.

Jesus appeared to the scattered sheep of the house of Israel throughout the world. We only have the record of His preaching in two of the countless locations.

One would think Jesus might have said "hey Jews, this is important. Write this stuff down and make sure you don't wait 1800 years before you tell folks I was here. You know because of Salvation and whatnot"

How and what people think and believe is the issue.

That's why we have a thousand sects and denominations in Christianity.

Can't be both.

One would think Jesus might have said "hey Jews, this is important. Write this stuff down and make sure you don't wait 1800 years before you tell folks I was here. You know because of Salvation and whatnot"

He did tell them to write it down.and his it away until the dispensation of the fullness of time.

The scriptures are clear that the Lord will do a work in the latter days to gather Israel in preparation for His return. The coming forth of the Book of Mormon is the opening of of that restoration. The Lord was preparing it for thousands of years.

Or do you think it's a coincidence that the Lord spent centuries drawing people out of Europe and establishing this nation as a nation where we have the freedom to worship as we choose? This was vital preparatory work before the restoration could begin and thrive.

Considering it took 1500 years for the bible to be put in the hands of the people, a few hundred more years is hardly a blink of an eye in God's point of view.

Him and not you.

You still believe in the principle of plural marriage, Avatar.

Him and not you.

You still believe in the principle of plural marriage, Avatar.

I think the Lord can and has commanded it as per the scriptures. The Lord has made it clear when He commands it its good and when He does its not. As the Lord has currently commanded it to cease, I'm going to side with Him.

Can't be both.

He did tell them to write it down.and his it away until the dispensation of the fullness of time.

The scriptures are clear that the Lord will do a work in the latter days to gather Israel in preparation for His return. The coming forth of the Book of Mormon is the opening of of that restoration. The Lord was preparing it for thousands of years.

Or do you think it's a coincidence that the Lord spent centuries drawing people out of Europe and establishing this nation as a nation where we have the freedom to worship as we choose? This was vital preparatory work before the restoration could begin and thrive.

Considering it took 1500 years for the bible to be put in the hands of the people, a few hundred more years is hardly a blink of an eye in God's point of view.

What's that say about Jehovah/Jesus? He comes to save the Jews as their messiah, but it's only after the Jews reject Him that the gentiles are worthy of the message? That it's such a good message that rather than tell everyone at the same time He only tells a few and lets the vast majority of humans since the 1st Century just go without because it suits Him?

Forum List

Back