Lazer beams -- end of collateral damage?

On a somewhat related note... I don't see why they can't replace power tools e.g. drills and saws, with lasers. They probably would be safer and may do a better job...

KarlMarx said:
On a somewhat related note... I don't see why they can't replace power tools e.g. drills and saws, with lasers. They probably would be safer and may do a better job...

Because they're expensive as hell right now and soak up too much power.

Anyway, it seems like a good idea to me. Anyone who's ever played Command and Conquer: Generals knows exactly how cool lasers are. ;)

KarlMarx said:

TOo powerful.

WHy not the ronco home nuclear reactor?

I spent so many hours as a kid trying to make a light saber. My raw materials were flashlights, geodes, and prisms. I also tried to make a sleestack style pylon to teleport across the jungle. Again, my raw materials were flashlights, geodes, and prisms.

Hobbit said:
Because they're expensive as hell right now and soak up too much power.

Anyway, it seems like a good idea to me. Anyone who's ever played Command and Conquer: Generals knows exactly how cool lasers are. ;)

I've always thought that lazers would be the way to cure any recruiting shortfalls. The Army could just put out a bunch of posters with "OMG LaZ0rs PEW PEW PEW!" and get hordes of sci-fi fans.

Forum List

Back