Lawyers Want to Visit Saddam in Captivity

Mr. Hussein DESERVES to have a lawyer represent him at his hearing, trialand sentencing . If saddam wishes, he can be there when the sentence is carried out.even johnny cochron is keeping his distance. I think some of these guys are after their '15 minutes" of fame. he has to have a lawyer, might as well be one that likes him. you know what they say...birds of a feather...

Originally posted by jon_forward
Mr. Hussein DESERVES to have a lawyer represent him at his hearing, trialand sentencing . If saddam wishes, he can be there when the sentence is carried out.even johnny cochron is keeping his distance. I think some of these guys are after their '15 minutes" of fame. he has to have a lawyer, might as well be one that likes him. you know what they say...birds of a feather...

Well why not. Give him due process, if the US wants to promote democracy and just law, it must apply to everyone. Even the tyrant.

Well why not. Give him due process, if the US wants to promote democracy and just law, it must apply to everyone. Even the tyrant.

Yep. He's dead, one way or another. He's got several million people with personal blood debts that want to meet him.

this is all true, but i was reffering to the unlawfully deposed and unlawfully arrested... trying to figure out wehre that came from.

Probably because he supported Saddam staying in power. I can't believe the French keep getting involved with these people.

I'm for due process, but also for keeping and trying him by the Iraqis, they need this. The international community lost their standing for trial when they gave up their power in disposing of the fleabag.

Originally posted by Johnney
this is all true, but i was reffering to the unlawfully deposed and unlawfully arrested... trying to figure out wehre that came from.

Well, in theory i suppose, he was unlawfully disposed since it was not an internationally sanctionned war, stricty speaking. However, once again this argument could degenerate into the good old, "Does the end justify the means" debate. The point is now that he is in custody he should be tried for crimes against his own people.

Saddam should be sent back to the hole. That wil solve everything. Unless his people dig like rabbits to get him out. That my friend is another thing.

The US never surrendered its sovereignty to the UN. We do not have to have 'international sanctions' in order to do what we have decided is in our best interests. Regarding the war in Iraq, we were hardly 'alone', though not with France, Germany, Russia, and Canada. Oh well. We got him and doubt very much he will be given to ICC, which we have not agreed to in the first place. Whoops, there we go again!

Forum List

Back