Lawyer: Lesbians’ assault on gay man can’t be hate crime

Except someone has less rights if they are charged with being a terrorist.

But the bar is a lot higher than merely letting loose a couple of racial slurs while in the heat of the moment.

No, the bar is much lower because the PRESIDENT can deem someone a terrorist and lock them up forever without trial. If you are charged with a hate crime, you still get a free and "fair" trial.

Incorrect

The law is defined and either a person meets the standards to be classified as a terrorist or they don't. The POTUS couldn't just wake up tomorrow and declare Ravi as a terrorist and have you bombed into nonexistence.

Military Commissions Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okie dokie! My question was what's the difference between hate crime and terrorism and I think the question has been answered. Terrorism charges are considered guilty until proven innocent and hate crime charges are considered innocent until proven guilty.

You persist in conflating acts of terrorism with "crime."
I'll have to read this again tomorrow because I'm exhausted and maybe missing your point....but I thought acts of terrorism were considered crimes.

It's a technical difference , but no there is no actual crime of terrorism. There are various other charges that can be applied but terrorism is not the crime.

I think it's a difference not worth arguing about.

You persist in conflating acts of terrorism with "crime."
I'll have to read this again tomorrow because I'm exhausted and maybe missing your point....but I thought acts of terrorism were considered crimes.

It's a technical difference , but no there is no actual crime of terrorism. There are various other charges that can be applied but terrorism is not the crime.

It is a difference that makes all the difference.

An act of war is not the same thing as a mere crime.

well yes, but a terrorist CAN be charged with crimes as well as being held for being a terrorist is what I was getting at.

well yes, but a terrorist CAN be charged with crimes as well as being held for being a terrorist is what I was getting at.

Check.

Can be.

Doesn't HAVE to be.

Forum List

Back