Lawsuit Threatened if Atheist North Carolina Councilman Gets Sworn In

i certainly HOPE the person suing, has to pay the lawyer bills for the person they are suing, if they lose.

Again

quite obvious what your insinuation was, winger

You did not read the article. So therefore you assume I'm assuming without any evidence. However, there is plenty of evidence to see that the main opposition guy is a Republican and his opponents are Republicans. The guy is essentially Democrat.

Join the rest of us in reality.

Join the rest of us in reality... your first statement was about 'republicans' and conservatives as a group... and you assumed... not a fringe group... nice attempt to deflect away from your initial insinuation though

Join the rest of us in reality... your first statement was about 'republicans' and conservatives as a group... and you assumed... not a fringe group... nice attempt to deflect away from your initial insinuation though

I was wondering what was so Conservative about being like that. It wasn't an insult towards Conservatives, it was why would Conservatives accept such a person with a viewpoint. Then I realized about the Gallup poll I posted here before, and only 29% of the Conservatives polled would vote for an Atheist.

So as a majority, Conservatives, and we can take from that, Republicans, would not vote for an Atheist on the basis that they are Atheist.

Where else but North Carolina

Hey don't diss NC just because there are some desperate sore losers there

But to answer your question.

Texas?

Also was it TN or Kentucky that had a bill saying we can't win the war on terror without God.

So why he is likely a Democrat? Because he's black? Nice Job RGS! :lol:

The Bass is a African American and a Republican. Guess that destroys your theory. :lol:

Maybe you should pay more attention to what you post? You know, actually read it with some level of reading comprehension and intelligence.

Go ahead provide us a link to all the heads of NAACP chapters that are Republican. The Congressional Black Caucus is on record for expelling the only black Republican that was a member. I seriously doubt the NAACP would support a Republican.

The NAACP isn't a political organization.

Then provide us with all those black Republicans running chapters.

Worse, he not only doesn't believe in God, but he also doesn't believe in angels, demons, devils, holy ghosts, friendly ghosts, fairies, leprechauns, ogres, witches, astrology, sorcerers, magic or the supernatural. What kind of man IS he?

The next thing you know, they will be telling us the Grand Canyon WASN'T formed by Noah's Flood.

You fucking dumb ass...the Grand Canyon was formed when Paul Bunyon dragged his ax while travelling west!!!!

FOXNews.com - Lawsuit Threatened if Atheist North Carolina Councilman Gets Sworn In

Well, in the end, the Atheist will win. Meanwhile, Republicans will still continue to be stuck in 1868. I do wonder what is so Conservative about denying people who do not believe in a God a right to hold office anyway.

Talk about a stinker legal case. This one has "establishment clause" written all over it. If it accomplishes anything, it will just lead to the archaic state law being chucked.

"No religious litmus test" means just that.

I think there was a Supreme Court case vs the state of Maryland in the 1960s that pretty much reaffirmed that a religious test for government employment is unConstitutional.

Correct and it is interpreted to be addressed in the 1st Amendment.

Talk about a stinker legal case. This one has "establishment clause" written all over it. If it accomplishes anything, it will just lead to the archaic state law being chucked.

"No religious litmus test" means just that.

I think there was a Supreme Court case vs the state of Maryland in the 1960s that pretty much reaffirmed that a religious test for government employment is unConstitutional.

Correct and it is interpreted to be addressed in the 1st Amendment.

The no religious test clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, section 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

No religious test clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's based on the above

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be almost certainly be because more than a few of us conservatives - rightly or wrongly - associate atheism with the Democratic party...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back