Lawsuit claim: School cop sexually assaulted up to 22 boys

williep

Apr 14, 2015
Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Justin Merriman | Tribune-Review

Robert Lellock of Beltzhoover, a suspended city schools police officer, is brought into police headquarters on Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2012.

By Brian Bowling | Tribune-Review
April 15, 2015

Pittsburgh Public Schools and two former school officials should have noticed that former school police officer Robert Lellock was repeatedly taking boys out of classes to sexually assault them in a janitor's closet, one of Lellock's victims claims in a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday.

“They were charged with the welfare and protection of the children entrusted to them, and they failed these children repeatedly and systematically by turning a blind eye to the obvious signs of abuse being perpetrated by defendant Lellock,” the lawsuit says.

The Tribune-Review doesn't name the victims of sexual assaults.

The man, now 29, says Lellock, 46, of Beltzhoover took him out of class more than two dozen times in the 1998-99 school year at Arthur J. Rooney Middle School in Brighton Heights. He did the same with up to 21 other boys that same year, the lawsuit says.

The victim claims Lellock wasn't authorized to remove students from class, and that should have led teachers and administrators to look into what he was doing.

“Not a single teacher reported him, or even questioned him. Not a single teacher made an inquiry to the office,” the lawsuit says. “This speaks of a failure of training and policy of an unbelievable and conscience shocking level.”

Rest of this story:

Lawsuit Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys TribLIVE

We should be asking why a federal judge would release the district and everyone except Lellock from another victim's lawsuit the previous year. Why would a federal judge cover the gross incompetence of those that allowed this to happen?

Last edited:
The police department wanted to hire gays. This is what you get.

Rape isn't about sexual desire. It's about domination and control and violence. While he may well have been gay, that his victims were males doesn't mean he was.

Is pysch your "day job"?

No. Majored in it though. I'm a sex educator. I like sex, think it's the bee's knees. So when ever someone offends sexually it just makes my life more difficult convincing people sex is the silver bullet for society's ills.

No. Majored in it though. I'm a sex educator. I like sex, think it's the bee's knees. So when ever someone offends sexually it just makes my life more difficult convincing people sex is the silver bullet for society's ills.

We seem to have given breath (birth?) to a new Dark Age. This last century has witnessed unprecedented control efforts.

The bad guys appear to have done their level best to break apart connections between people -- the family, relationships, etc.

Rape isn't about sexual desire. It's about domination and control and violence. While he may well have been gay, that his victims were males doesn't mean he was.

Is pysch your "day job"?

Oh sure, I bet your a sex surrogate....

Is pysch your "day job"?

No, not cute enough. :)

Is pysch your "day job"?

No, not cute enough. :)
I did it for years..yet do not anymore as I have been working on the Peer to Peer rehabilitation crowd....

We seem to have given breath (birth?) to a new Dark Age. This last century has witnessed unprecedented control efforts.

The bad guys appear to have done their level best to break apart connections between people -- the family, relationships, etc.

What we're seeing now is a direct result of repressive attitudes towards sexuality. When sex becomes what's bad, people become violent towards themselves and others. Sex acts like a social bonding agent. Bringing people together in an act that brings mutual pleasure (ideally.) But if that act is repressed and made into something bad, evil, or sinful, absent that connection wiht others where people are seen as potential friends and sex partners, we see them only as possible threats. War, crime, self-harm all skyrocket.

Sex acts like a social bonding agent.

Sounds like he had plenty of that going on.

Thought more along the lines of he was using rape as a means of control and dominance over problem children in how the teachers didn't report or look into why he was taking them out of classes. If you like someone and a cop's yanking them out of class you look into why. If you don't care about them a cop taking them out of class makes sense to you and you don't inquire.

What we're seeing now is a direct result of repressive attitudes towards sexuality. When sex becomes what's bad, people become violent towards themselves and others. Sex acts like a social bonding agent. Bringing people together in an act that brings mutual pleasure (ideally.) But if that act is repressed and made into something bad, evil, or sinful, absent that connection with others where people are seen as potential friends and sex partners, we see them only as possible threats. War, crime, self-harm all skyrocket.

Sounds pretty profound.

BS, BA, MS, MA, PHD?

What we're seeing now is a direct result of repressive attitudes towards sexuality. When sex becomes what's bad, people become violent towards themselves and others. Sex acts like a social bonding agent. Bringing people together in an act that brings mutual pleasure (ideally.) But if that act is repressed and made into something bad, evil, or sinful, absent that connection with others where people are seen as potential friends and sex partners, we see them only as possible threats. War, crime, self-harm all skyrocket.

Sounds pretty profound.

BS, BA, MS, MA, PHD?

None, but thanks for asking. :)

Forum List

Back