Lawsuit Against Kim Davis Dismissed: Victory For Religious Passive Refusal

Do you think it's good for a girl to never know a mother or a boy to never know a father?
I can think of tens of millions of kids who would have been better off for various reason.

Your two-parent, mom and dad ideal is often nothing like it. Just because you can make a baby doesn't mean you can raise it.
We had marriage to set a standard for the sake of children. You don't blast the standard to smithereens because some people aren't living up to it. I deleted the rest of your quote because it was derogatory and an ad hominem, which isn't allowed at USMB. You being new, you might have gotten the idea that it was OK. It isn't.

I'll ask you this since the others are skirting around it: If Justice Kennedy ratified gay marriage because he felt that the children involved were being harmed by not having the benefit of married parents, does it follow logically therefore that other sexual orientations with children involved also get to be married so that their children will not be harmed by not having the benefit of married parents? Think: polyamory or incest between consenting adults. It is their intimate choice and they are consenting about their lifestyle. Those were the two hallmarks cited in Obergefell to legitimize passing it.

Forum List

Back