Laws of economics are as immutable as gravity

I'm sorry but those things just are not true. Just looked up average CEO pay and I over estimated a bit. It's 365 times average company employee. Not lowest employee, average. So maybe they make 100 times instead of 365. Profit margins Are huge in huge companies. They make billions of dollars in profits every year. And if it is a needed/wanted service or product someone else will step up. They always do.

Or maybe you just let economics work and keep the minimum wage as just that, and not force living wages onto jobs that don't deserve them.
Current circumstances are different from decades ago.

The economic forces are the same. Sorry, but the whole idea of a living wage just creates stagnation in the lower job markets, or in some cases eliminates them entirely.
I'm afraid that's not true. The jobs must still be done, the companies will adjust.

And they will adjust by hiring people worth the value they have to pay, or by replacing them with robots, in whole or part.

In the end the people who suffer are the ones being "helped".
higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand in every long run equilibrium.

Forum List

Back