Lawrence O'Donnell says the Bible is "fiction."

I didn't watch the clip, but I'd wager my next 3 paychecks that he didn't have the balls to say that the Koran is fiction.

He did not.

I suspect the Bible will continue to withstand time, and that Larry O will not.

actually

it hasn't

especially over the last 100 years

much of what we once took for fact, reality, truth, wisdom in the bible has been (through research, greater understanding, maturity) revealed to be; wrong, silly, illogical, irrational

it has definitely NOT stood the test of time

O’Donnell is too smart for the average American today, he is talking about the 'Book of Revelation' by the way. But many religious today recognize the Bible is a bunch of stories, parables, and fables, I hear this from people who actually teach religious thought - and have faith. Consider the diversity of religious belief throughout time and the world before shouting OMG.

And I agree it is not the end of the world, while eventually our particular world may end, it won't be soon. Of course humans could kill each other completely, but then the bugs would be happy with all the calories but the world would still exist.

Failed end of the world predictions from 30 to 1920 CE

"44 failed & 1 ambiguous end-of-the-world predictions that were to occur between 30 & 1920 CE"
If a religion says that the Bible is just stories and fairy tales then that is a false religion. The Bible is Gods word, FACT. If you do not believe that then you are lost. Good luck.

Like all good propaganda the Bible is a mixture of fact and fancy.

This isn't obvious to all of us who are NOT fundamentalists?

If it isn't try reading some history and you'll quickly realize how much of it is pure invention.
WRONG as always. Bible is fact, Gods word, full of truth. Live with it.

I say it is too. It's a imaginative compilation of mankind's fictional and storytelling works though.

God exists, in the human heart. We created it and all related characters in our image, not the other way around.
You are so confused you need medicine. God created us and every living thing.

His arrogance and condescension is amazing. That kind of attitude doesn't particularly strike me as more intelligent than others. In fact, arrogance almost always gives me the impression that I'm listening to a fool.

I can understand why he might not believe the Book of Revelation or the Bible. However, his unbelief doesn't mean that intelligent people don't believe, nor does it mean that wise people don't find wisdom within the book.

Nor is he correct. The Book of Revelation isn't how God is going to end the world. It's a book telling people what the signs will be before His coming. It's a book to tell us that no matter how dark it looks, light will shine forth. The Gospel will be preached to all the world. There will always be hope. There is going to be a thousand years of peace after the coming of the Lord. Doesn't sound like the end to me.

Good response found here:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/videos/?uri=channels/451373/1223119

Hey, at least he didn't say it was fantasy. :thup:

^ manifail :neutral:

When I wrote that I actually thought it was pretty damn funny, on more levels than one.

I clearly misjudged it's merit as a one-line trolling quip.

I can only hope to learn from this failure. :thup:

Forum List

Back