lawn question

M

MyName

I finally grew grass in my front yard! W00t! (as d would say lol)
My neighbors are even impressed; theyve told me that due to the shade cover (we have amazing trees), that grass has never grown here since the house was built pretty much.

This grass has become my obsession, my baby. I wont even let DK fertilize it, much less water it lol. ITS MINE!

Im still working on a couple of bare spots so I have grass growing at all stages. When can I safely mow it without fear of killing any of the new growth?

DK is getting tired of seeing me in the yard with scissors b/c Im too 'askerrd' of a mower killing anything.

lol

MyName said:
I finally grew grass in my front yard! W00t! (as d would say lol)
My neighbors are even impressed; theyve told me that due to the shade cover (we have amazing trees), that grass has never grown here since the house was built pretty much.

This grass has become my obsession, my baby. I wont even let DK fertilize it, much less water it lol. ITS MINE!

Im still working on a couple of bare spots so I have grass growing at all stages. When can I safely mow it without fear of killing any of the new growth?

DK is getting tired of seeing me in the yard with scissors b/c Im too 'askerrd' of a mower killing anything.

lol

If you put down seed, you can start mowing ~6 weeks after you first seeded. If you put down sod, you'll need to wait until the sod's soil has mixed in well enough with your yard's topsoil - roughly 4 weeks.

Did you notice that I said that *I* as in ME, ME ALONE did this? :)

Where was DK when I was doing this? I'll give you 3 guesses but you'll only need one....THATS RIGHT FOLKS! Right here posting on the USMB!

:teeth:
:poke:

BTW

Thank you Jeff :) It was seed. Im fixing some bare spots today so do I wait 6 weeks from when I am doing it today? If I do, we're gonna look pretttty scruffy (not that I care - im just happy to have grass!)

MyName said:
BTW

Thank you Jeff :) It was seed. Im fixing some bare spots today so do I wait 6 weeks from when I am doing it today? If I do, we're gonna look pretttty scruffy (not that I care - im just happy to have grass!)

I'd wait until a) six weeks after you seeded the entire yard the first time, and b) at least a week until you've hit the bare spots. If you still have bare spots after that, wait until the fall to reseed those areas. You may be surprised to see the grass naturally spread.

And congrats on do the yeard ALL BY YOURSELF! :D

did I mention that I did this all by myself? :dance:

(hey, this is a big thing - I never do stuff by myself. Hell, I dont even clean my house by myself - so this is monumental) :banana:

If my dark powers are so feeble, how did I get you to do the grass by yourself??? :soul:

I know that I have an answer for this, but Im not sure what it is right now.
:asshole:

Watch what you say, dear husband, or it will only be Dillo and myself eating prime rib tomorrow nite.

I'd love to argue more with you, but I have to get out and work on my gardens.

(Note to all reading - *I* am the one working in the yard while *HE* hangs curtains in the baby's room)

:whip3:

*you don't want to hang curtains in the baby room*

*you want to work out in the 95 degree front yard*

*these aren't the droids you're looking for*

:dance:

i dont like you much.

you forget, you are supposed to let me win these things damnit.

remember {S nosoup?
for you, it is {S nosex

The hate is swelling in you now. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

keep wishing asshole - NEVER HAPPEN.

I serve no one.
You serve me.

Everyone knows this including you. :)

yes I did :)

I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow nite or monday am :)

Forum List

Back