Lawmakers dunk on NBA for 'shamefully retreating' after Rockets GM's China criticism

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What in the hell is going on in Texas. Texas!?!?

Sorry, if I lived there I would boycott this team and burn Harden jerseys in protest. NEVER capitulate to communists. Ever.

Lawmakers dunk on NBA for 'shamefully retreating' after Rockets GM's China criticism

Lawmakers from across the political spectrum came together Monday – if only for a moment – to slam the NBA for essentially apologizing to China over a tweet by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey that expressed support for pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.

The Morey tweet, which read, "Fight for freedom, stand with Hong Kong," prompted multiple Chinese businesses and organizations -- including the sportswear brand Li-Ning, SPD Bank and the Chinese Basketball Association -- to condemn the team and suspend their work with the franchise. The Chinese consulate in Houston also scolded the Rockets, saying: "We have lodged representations and expressed strong dissatisfaction with the Houston Rockets... Anybody with conscience would support the efforts made by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region to safeguard Hong Kong’s social stability."

But American lawmakers, including from the team's home state of Texas, accused the Rockets and the NBA of appeasing a repressive Chinese government out of concern for their financial interests. The NBA is investing heavily in China, a market with 1.4 billion potential fans and a deep connection to Houston -- Hall of Fame center and former Rocket Yao Ming, the legendary Chinese basketball player, is president of China's official basketball association.

"As a lifelong @HoustonRockets fan, I was proud to see @dmorey call out the Chinese Communist Party's repressive treatment of protestors in Hong Kong," Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted. "Now, in pursuit of big $$, the nba is shamefully retreating."

Sorry, if I lived there I would boycott this team and burn Harden jerseys in protest. NEVER capitulate to communists. Ever.

Lawmakers from across the political spectrum came together Monday – if only for a moment – to slam the NBA for essentially apologizing to China over a tweet by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey that expressed support for pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.

The Morey tweet, which read, "Fight for freedom, stand with Hong Kong," prompted multiple Chinese businesses and organizations -- including the sportswear brand Li-Ning, SPD Bank and the Chinese Basketball Association -- to condemn the team and suspend their work with the franchise. The Chinese consulate in Houston also scolded the Rockets, saying: "We have lodged representations and expressed strong dissatisfaction with the Houston Rockets... Anybody with conscience would support the efforts made by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region to safeguard Hong Kong’s social stability."

But American lawmakers, including from the team's home state of Texas, accused the Rockets and the NBA of appeasing a repressive Chinese government out of concern for their financial interests. The NBA is investing heavily in China, a market with 1.4 billion potential fans and a deep connection to Houston -- Hall of Fame center and former Rocket Yao Ming, the legendary Chinese basketball player, is president of China's official basketball association.

"As a lifelong @HoustonRockets fan, I was proud to see @dmorey call out the Chinese Communist Party's repressive treatment of protestors in Hong Kong," Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted. "Now, in pursuit of big $$, the nba is shamefully retreating."
9spg4hlcxsr31.jpg

I've been hanging around witH a cold I got the other day
Watched south park and made chicken soup in lower cooker
The band in china is freaking hilariously off the wall...which of course is now banned in China

Sold down the river
Canada to .....why do you think your real estate market is a lil askew for the last decade ....and that just for starters

It isn't just the NBA

Look at the current shitstorm with Blizzard

Then look up how many movies Hollywood self censors to capitulate to serve the Chinese.

Too many American companies are willing to throw Americans under the bus for that almighty dollar.

It isn't just the NBA

Look at the current shitstorm with Blizzard

Then look up how many movies Hollywood self censors to capitulate to serve the Chinese.

Too many American companies are willing to throw Americans under the bus for that almighty dollar.
And they get that dollar by plundering the US economy to the detriment of the American Worker.

The idea of allowing them the Most Favored Trading Status that Democracies provide one another was that China would become more Democratic, instead we have a bunch of powerful Leftwing forces in America kowtowing to totalitarians.

Forum List

Back