Lawmaker wants Ohio exempted from health plan

Is that even legal. If they did pass it, wouldn't the federal law over rule the state law?

His proposal would amend Ohio’s Constitution to prevent individuals, employers and health care providers from being required to participate in any government plan.

Grendell acknowledges that it’s unlikely the proposal would get through the Democratic-controlled House.

Another obstructionist time waster caught in the act.

Is that even legal. If they did pass it, wouldn't the federal law over rule the state law?

Federal law only overrules state laws if the federal government has the constitutional authority to enact said law. Since universal healthcare does not fall under the federal government's jurisdiction per the Constitution every state has the right to nullify the universal healthcare.

His proposal would amend Ohio’s Constitution to prevent individuals, employers and health care providers from being required to participate in any government plan.

Grendell acknowledges that it’s unlikely the proposal would get through the Democratic-controlled House.

However, the Ohio Senate is controlled by the Republicans, so it is likely to get through there. He's not obstructing, he's simply expressing Ohio's sovereignty over the issue of healthcare.

However, the Ohio Senate is controlled by the Republicans, so it is likely to get through there. He's not obstructing, he's simply expressing Ohio's sovereignty over the issue of healthcare.

:doubt:

Thats good for Ohio. I think any kind of govt backed healthcare should be on a state/local level and not a federal one. You have more of a chance to give feedback and interact with your state govt than you ever will with the senate or house.

KevinKennedy knows as much about the Constitution, its history, and American culture as much as he does about poppy growing in Afghanawildstan.

Yes, the Supremes would overturn any such state or congressional legislation, and have the bailiffs turn KK's butt out into the alley.

Let's move on.

KevinKennedy knows as much about the Constitution, its history, and American culture as much as he does about poppy growing in Afghanawildstan.

Yes, the Supremes would overturn any such state or congressional legislation, and have the bailiffs turn KK's butt out into the alley.

Let's move on.

Wow for a liberal you sure are intolerant of a fairly reasonable view that differs from your own. When did the liberal democrats become the representatives of intolerance?

Let's move on.

Wow for a liberal you sure are intolerant of a fairly reasonable view that differs from your own. When did the liberal democrats become the representatives of intolerance?

Personally, I've always been intolerant of ignorance.

Let's move on.

Hence my question.

Hence my question.

It's a dumb one. Being tolerant doesn't mean believing that every crazy comment is valid.

hence my question about the intolerance towards the OP's perfectly reasonable news article he posted.

It was just an article and the liberals attack the man for posting the story. Just because the conservative states right's value is displayed in the articl the liberal shows their ignorance and intolerance of a constitutional belief they dont' share.

It's not really a reasonable article. The state legislator making the argument will get laughed out of court.

It's not really a reasonable article. The state legislator making the argument will get laughed out of court.

read the federalist papers if you want to understand where that legislator got his idea from.

Try not to be ethnocentric...i know the conservative culture is very different from the liberal one you live by and understand, but that doesn't mean their culture and opinions aren't valid.

Practice the tolerance that the mantra of the liberal democrats, don't be a hypocrite like those republicans who cheat on their wives

read the federalist papers if you want to understand where that legislator got his idea from.

Try not to be ethnocentric...i know the conservative culture is very different from the liberal one you live by and understand, but that doesn't mean their culture and opinions aren't valid.

Practice the tolerance that the mantra of the liberal democrats, don't be a hypocrite like those republicans who cheat on their wives

Nullification wasn't in the Federalist Papers.

Thats good for Ohio. I think any kind of govt backed healthcare should be on a state/local level and not a federal one. You have more of a chance to give feedback and interact with your state govt than you ever will with the senate or house.

If we started 50 different plans in January, 5 to 8 years from now we could see what works and what don't.

If we started 50 different plans in January, 5 to 8 years from now we could see what works and what don't.

There likely wouldn't be 50 different plans as some states would come to the conclusion that government run healthcare will be inefficient and a waste of money regardless of whether it's federal or state run.

Forum List

Back