Lawmaker: Rove involved in U.S. attorney firing

this thread is gay..................

nobody cares about this. Well.............the k00ks do, but you are talking about 20% of the country AT BEST.

another exercise in navel contemplation.

I'm still waiting on you to show that Rove lied. You have all the documents pertaining to the case so it should be easy for you to point out the alleged falsehood.

No I don't have ALL the evidence - prosecutor has that and will determine whether or not she wants to persue criminal charges. I'll trust her.

btw. lonestar - I've given you the benefit of the doubt. Treated you respectfully and I have shown that I am willing to admit it when I am wrong.

I'm waiting to see if you can reciprocate. Can you admit your mistake:

In historical terms, the Democratic Party held a sizable lead over the Republicans in party identification.
Can you admit that you were wrong when you said:

This quote contradicts your claim that republicans have traditionally been more homogeneous than democrats.

Can you admit that a "sizable lead in identification" makes absolutely no claim as to "diversity" or how "homogeneous" a political party is.

I'm still waiting on you to show that Rove lied. You have all the documents pertaining to the case so it should be easy for you to point out the alleged falsehood.

No I don't have ALL the evidence - prosecutor has that and will determine whether or not she wants to persue criminal charges. I'll trust her.

btw. lonestar - I've given you the benefit of the doubt. Treated you respectfully and I have shown that I am willing to admit it when I am wrong.

I'm waiting to see if you can reciprocate. Can you admit your mistake:

In historical terms, the Democratic Party held a sizable lead over the Republicans in party identification.
Can you admit that you were wrong when you said:

This quote contradicts your claim that republicans have traditionally been more homogeneous than democrats.

Can you admit that a "sizable lead in identification" makes absolutely no claim as to "diversity" or how "homogeneous" a political party is.

I posted every document on here TWICE, everything the prosecution has, Rove has and he posted it on his website which I included the link to.

I have nothing to apoplogize for, you presented your argument, I disagreed with it. I do not believe that the republicans have been more homogenous than the democrats. If you disagree with the quotes I provided or feel it didn't warrant a contradiction, then that's your prerogative. I have no desire to rehash this discussion because it does nothing to further the debate.

Now back to this current discussion, you claimed Rove lied, did you not? If you did and I'm pretty sure you did, then the burden of proof is on you. If you cannot prove your claim that Rove lied, then you must retract your statement or rephrase it to where it's not an accusation but merely an opinion.

I have nothing to apoplogize for, you presented your argument, I disagreed with it. I do not believe that the republicans have been more homogenous than the democrats. If you disagree with the quotes I provided or feel it didn't warrant a contradiction, then that's your prerogative. I have no desire to rehash this discussion because it does nothing to further the debate.

If someone cannot admit it when they are wrong - as I have - then what is the point of debating them?

Don't rake me over the coals for having previously presumed guilt if you are just going to turn around and presume innoce.
That's hypocritical.

You should try to at least learn our legal system... Perhaps you were absent when they discussed "innocent until proved guilty" in class...

^ conveniently ignored...

Sorry for the delay - lot's of folks taking lots of shot. I had to ration my time. But My position is that the presuption of innocence doesn't include a presumption of aquittal. It sets a legal standard for prosecution.

Last edited:

If someone cannot admit it when they are wrong - as I have - then what is the point of debating them?

My opinion in this subject is not wrong. You may disagree with my opinion but that doesn't make it wrong.

You should try to at least learn our legal system... Perhaps you were absent when they discussed "innocent until proved guilty" in class...

Sorry for the delay - lot's of folks taking lots of shot. I had to ration my time. But My position is that the presuption of innocence doesn't include a presumption of aquittal. It sets a legal standard for prosecution.

You are really floundering in this thread...

You might want to quit while you are woefully behind...

Karl Rove is not responsible for the evil of the Bush administration or the Republican party

He had no power to hire or fire, people.

Bush II is responsible even if he was taking his lead from Rove.

HE was the decider.

And incidently?

Bush II was within his authority to fire those guys.

The fact that some of us didn't like it, does not make it illegal.

My opinion in this subject is not wrong.

Yes it has been proven wrong. Saying that the number of people who self identify with a particular party is connected to the TYPE of people, or the deomographics of the people who are identifying with that party is obviously not true.

You are really floundering in this thread...

You might want to quit while you are woefully behind...

Dr. H would know because he has had to quit dozens of times recently. He gets in over his head, but he does get excited. So give Dr. H. a break.

Forum List

Back