Lawmaker facing DUI charge involved in 2 earlier incidents, according to police

Jul 27, 2011
This guy just not acts like a loser he looks like one too! Driving drunk WITH your kids!!! Very nice.

COLUMBUS – State Rep. Jarrod Martin, who is facing drunken driving and child endangerment charges for a July 22 traffic stop, was kicked out of a Beavercreek hotel in 2010 for being drunk and fighting and a few months earlier was found passed out in a downtown Columbus parking garage, according to police records.
The Ohio Highway Patrol found Martin, R-Beavercreek, at 1:05 a.m. on March 24, 2010 slumped over a Chevy Suburban that belonged to state Rep. William Batchelder, R-Medina, who left his car in the garage overnight. Batchelder is now the Speaker of the House.
Medics were called after a state trooper tried unsuccessfully for 20 minutes to wake Martin, according to the patrol’s log.
At 3:22 a.m., long-time lawmaker Rep. Ron Amstutz, R-Wooster, called the patrol and arranged for House Republican campaign director Mike Dittoe to pick up Martin. It is unclear why Amstutz was called. Amstutz did not return messages on Friday.

CONTINUED w/ Photo of the douchebag: Lawmaker facing DUI charge involved in 2 earlier incidents, according to police

also........
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...resentative-faces-ovi-allegation-1215273.html

Yep, not cool. He obviously has a problem and needs help.

I do wonder though, should we hold lawmakers to higher standard? In other words should we feel more letdown because he is a Rep?

Yep, not cool. He obviously has a problem and needs help.

I do wonder though, should we hold lawmakers to higher standard? In other words should we feel more letdown because he is a Rep?

Yes! Then need to be held to a higher standard. They represent many people.

This guy just not acts like a loser he looks like one too! Driving drunk WITH your kids!!! Very nice.

COLUMBUS – State Rep. Jarrod Martin, who is facing drunken driving and child endangerment charges for a July 22 traffic stop, was kicked out of a Beavercreek hotel in 2010 for being drunk and fighting and a few months earlier was found passed out in a downtown Columbus parking garage, according to police records.
The Ohio Highway Patrol found Martin, R-Beavercreek, at 1:05 a.m. on March 24, 2010 slumped over a Chevy Suburban that belonged to state Rep. William Batchelder, R-Medina, who left his car in the garage overnight. Batchelder is now the Speaker of the House.
Medics were called after a state trooper tried unsuccessfully for 20 minutes to wake Martin, according to the patrol’s log.
At 3:22 a.m., long-time lawmaker Rep. Ron Amstutz, R-Wooster, called the patrol and arranged for House Republican campaign director Mike Dittoe to pick up Martin. It is unclear why Amstutz was called. Amstutz did not return messages on Friday.

CONTINUED w/ Photo of the douchebag: Lawmaker facing DUI charge involved in 2 earlier incidents, according to police

also........
Beavercreek state representative faces OVI allegation

To quote the father from the 70s show "DUMBASS"

I think I do hold them to a higher standard, I'm just not sure I should.

For example;

I love our general practicioner for years. He is a no nonsense, get to it, kind intelligent man...but he is dangerously obese - should I choose different doctor?

Our mechanic drives a clunker, I mean a real piece of junk...but I can count on him and trust my car in his care.

What you are saying, if i understand correctly, is that the lawmaker represents the welfare of many people and at the very least needs to demonstrate good judgement. I can't argue that either.

See my dilemma? :razz:

Forum List

Back