Lawl!!

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/index.php/site/comments/royals_god_and_abstinence_061709/

At the Mississippi Department of Human Services’ May 16 summit entitled “Abstinence Works: Let’s Talk About It,” we didn’t talk about abstinence. But we sure did chant, cheer, dance, pray and sing about it. Here are a few (of the many) things that stood out to me.

Before the summit began, rap music blasted over the speakers. The 5,000 kids in attendance spent their time inside dancing and singing along to Soulja Boy’s hit song “Crank Dat,” the chorus of which repeats, “Watch me crank that soulja boy, then superman that ho,” which most young people know is a disgustingly explicit sexual innuendo. Shortly after, the Grenada Middle School cheerleaders performed their catchy cheer “Stop, don’t touch me there! You know this is my no-no square,” outlining the shape of a box around their shorts.

Wow. Talk about mixed messages. Although I have no difficulties with a religious stance in favor of sexual behavior limitations, I don't think this was the right atmosphere to toss those religious ideas out to the kids. That is best done in church and in a private home by parents. I don't like Rap music anyway because I feel it is a waste of good electricity but the whole environment of the conference was not very good. Sounds like a good idea but just not executed very well. Neither side of the abstinence coin got the exposure it deserved. Sounds like both ideas were put into a blender and became too mixed up to serve a good purpose to anyone.

Wow. Talk about mixed messages. Although I have no difficulties with a religious stance in favor of sexual behavior limitations, I don't think this was the right atmosphere to toss those religious ideas out to the kids. That is best done in church and in a private home by parents. I don't like Rap music anyway because I feel it is a waste of good electricity but the whole environment of the conference was not very good. Sounds like a good idea but just not executed very well. Neither side of the abstinence coin got the exposure it deserved. Sounds like both ideas were put into a blender and became too mixed up to serve a good purpose to anyone.

I got a problem with 13 year olds giving that cheer. Even though it is funny, in a sad, sad way.

Thank god my girls are going to private school.

Abstinence doesn't have to be a "religious" idea. These are middle school kids. I don't care if they've never been to church, or worship the devil. They should not be having sex. Period.

The cheer is silly, but they should not have been allowed to play that rap song either. There are plenty of popular songs that don't talk about "supermanning that ho".

I agree with you both. Your statements are right on the money. My kids are all grown and have their own lives now but I wouldn't have let them go to an event like this. It is indeed a very sad thing to know that junior high kids are into sex now. What a waste of innocent youth.

Forum List

Back