Law Needed > To Regulate Pet Insurers & Veterinarians

"Crosses over ?" I don't recall ever talking about any economics other than MICROeconomics. The macroeconomics was all YOUR yammering.

Doubling down on stupid, huh?

I said the cross over is from microeconomics into finance. Not only do you lack any knowledge of economics, you lack basic reading comprehension.

So you DO think prices can be raised and "passed on to the consumer huh ? And you DO think workers can be laid off also to compensate for a raise in costs. Exactly as I said. You're clueless, and just another victim of the Reaganist propaganda mill - more commonly known as what passes for conservatism nowadays (but doesn't really even come close)

You can spew Marxist rhetoric, but you lack the foundational knowledge to discuss the issue intelligently.

IF you had even a survey level course in economics you would grasp that business MUST absorb costs in order to survive. One that fails to absorb costs must go bankrupt. Taxes are an element of cost. BECAUSE you have zero knowledge of microeconomics, you do not know the terms "EBIT" and "EBITDA."

These are income statement items, Earnings Before Taxes and Interest. (Depreciation and Amortization.) No investor (a person interested in microeconomics) is ignorant of these terms - you are - but no one knowledgeable is.

Taxes affect the bottom line and MUST be absorbed into the cost of the product, or the business goes out of business. Taxes are passed on to the consumer in the cost of the product 100% of the time - MUST be passed on.

Marxist morons like you think that business owners are like Scrooge McDuck, swimming in a pool filled with gold coins and jewels. And if you put high taxes on them, they'll just toss a few coins from that pool and it will have no effect.

This is because you are ignorant and uneducated. I'm guessing you were a postal carrier or maybe a DMV clerk? Part of a government union where there was no need to produce anything , right?

Again sparky, you spent your life in a government union, shielded from the need to produce a product that people were willing to pay for. Raising taxes was what the union bosses always advocated - since it would pad your pocket at the expense of others.

But what you lack the IQ points to grasp, is that a raise in taxes, increases costs across the board.

Look, you probably didn't finish high school, you have zero grasp of finance or economics, so let me try to make this really simple.

Joe has a business printing business cards. Now you think Joe makes up a number and starts selling cards. But unlike you, Joe went to college and took economics, finance, and accounting classes. (also SCM, 6 Sigma, and marketing.)

So what Joe REALLY does is create a "Cost Breakdown." He starts with his infrastructure, the building, machinery and equipment, utilities are all calculated. Then Joe accounts for materials. Ink, card stock, silk, and other consumables. Then Joe calculates labor - including taxes paid for labor.

But he doesn't stop there, because unlike you, Joe is smart. Joe adds in his fee - how much he wants to EARN for the product. Let's say he puts 6% in. But he isn't done, now he adds in taxes and license fees. NOW he divides it all up, and this is the cost per card that he MUST charge to stay in business.

Notice that the MARGIN (a microeconomics term that you've never been exposed to before) is embedded in the product price structure. So if everything goes perfect, no scrap or problems with equipment, Joe will earn his 6%

Again, I've said nothing of laying off workers.

Because you don't have any knowledge of economics - you fail to grasp that labor is a commodity. A business is not welfare - though the Post Office or DMV that you worked for were.

Example: My ex-wife had a boutique in a mall. She had 10 employees. So you think if her taxes went up or the minimum wage went up, she could lay off some workers to compensate for the higher costs ? HA HA HA. What do you think the number 10 represented to her ? Her lucky number ? Why 10 rather than 9 ? (especially when 9 would be cheaper) You think maybe she just liked that number 10 ? Maybe she just liked round numbers, huh ?

Employing a straw man is the act of a weak mind.

Or maybe you'd guess she was a philanthropist, and just wanted to give another person a job, huh ? It's because she MADE MORE MONEY with 10 than 9, you dolt! And ONLY because of that. So to release even one person, means LOSING SALES and LOSING MONEY. Get it ? Pheeeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head)

Yeah, I know what was behind the "economic models" as you call them, championed by Reagan. >> A very high individual income (movie stars are among the highest), and at 70% (the individual tax before Reagan took office), he didn't want to pay that much tax. The whole economic yakety yak was never anything more than him wanting to pay less tax. I hope you didn't fall for all the trickle down nonsense, too. :bsflag: :rolleyes:

PS - if you ever decide to open a business, take that microeconomics course first, or at least don't forget these 2 lessons I just gave you now.

BTW, this thread is about pet owners and pet insurance, not economics, so you've been :offtopic: all along here. So now, either get on topic, or get lost.

Finished tilting at windmills, spunky?

You are an ignorant baboon who believes that your career of collecting welfare from some government make-work job gives you insight into how real life works.

You've exposed yourself as an utter fraud without education or knowledge, who must engage in logical fallacy to even approach an argument. I said not one word of laying anyone off. Taxes drive prices up - period.

You can talk until you're blue in the face but the mere fact that you admitted that you think a firm should raise its prices to compensate for some new cost, shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. And don't tell me you didn't admit it, You just now said >> "Taxes drive prices up - period." Pheeeeww!! No they don't, fool. And raising prices above your market price (because of taxes or any other reason) is the # 1 reason why uneducated airhead business owners go out of business all the time. #1 mistake. You CANNOT raise prices above your market price. Good grief man. Do I have to draw a bell-shaped curve for you, to have you understand what thousands of 18 year old economics students know perfectly well ? Sheeeesh!!

Dude, you've exposed yourself as an utter fraud without education or knowledge, who must engage in logical fallacy to even approach an argument.

Better not open a business until you get that microeconomics course under your belt.

Last edited:
:lmao:

i am not sure if bazinga or snap works best.... maybe both!

Useful post if you're just as much of a fool as he is. :eusa_shhh:

considering your op, and your instance that government needs to step in and DO something... i would say you are the fool here.

you have been blown out of the water on several things and you are hanging on like a bull dog to a bone.

so again.... bazinga and snap. Take your pick.

:lmao:

i am not sure if bazinga or snap works best.... maybe both!

Useful post if you're just as much of a fool as he is. :eusa_shhh:

considering your op, and your instance that government needs to step in and DO something... i would say you are the fool here.

you have been blown out of the water on several things and you are hanging on like a bull dog to a bone.

so again.... bazinga and snap. Take your pick.

Silly talk. I have not been blown out of anything. My OP was 100% CORRECT. When I wrote it, AND NOW.

As for your dumb thanks-useful post to uncensored2008, the only thing "useful about that was to show that you're just as ignorant of microeconomics as he is (when he stupidly admitted that he thinks a firm should raise its prices to compensate for some new cost, showing that he (and you) have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back