Law Firm specializing in cancer caused by fracking cases

TT,

You might want to have somebody smarter than you explain this to you. You're clearly struggling with it.

Please provide a single link that proves scientifically or medically that fracking has caused a single case of cancer.

I feel no obligation to provide evidence to support a claim I've never made.

Clearly the jury is out on this. But it's a fact that the process introduces known carcinogens to the area being fracked. The link provided in the OP gives you one such example, but feel free to do your own due diligence. Just don't tell me that you're certain it doesn't cause cancer because I don't believe for a second that you're clairvoyant.

If it's a proven fact that fracking doesn't cause cancer, an argument often peddled by partisan water carriers here, how is it that a law firm can make a mint specializing in cancer caused by fracking cases?

Hydraulic Fracturing or Fracking - Carcinogens Released - Land Devalued | Ashcraft and Gerel

From the link:

Hydraulic fracturing, also known as “fracking” or hydrofracking, is a drilling process in which natural gas and oil are extracted from deep underground by injecting large amounts of water and toxic chemicals through a wellbore to break up the rock, shale rock or coal beds, thereby enabling the natural gas and oil to escape. The extremely low natural permeability of shale has prompted companies to create these fractures in the shale formations in order to form a pathway along the fractures for the gas to flow and escape.

The use of fracking by energy companies has increased dramatically around the country in the past few years. There are hundreds of chemicals used in fracking, many of which are known carcinogens, including benzene. These toxic chemicals are being introduced into the environment, both underground and above ground, and as a result are causing well water poisoning, land devaluation, i.e., a severe drop in the value of land affected by the fracking process. Some property owners have reported that their well water is contaminated and is no longer safe for drinking, bathing, or washing clothes. In addition, people have reported trouble breathing due to hazardous chemicals that have been released into the air. These serious health concerns associated with fracking or hydrofracking have adverse effects on people, drinking water, air and property values.

Probably because it isn't a proven fact. Statistically speaking, all those poisons in the air and in the drinking water are going to damage someone.

I wonder if they have done any experiments with mice.

If it's a proven fact that fracking doesn't cause cancer, an argument often peddled by partisan water carriers here, how is it that a law firm can make a mint specializing in cancer caused by fracking cases?

Hydraulic Fracturing or Fracking - Carcinogens Released - Land Devalued | Ashcraft and Gerel

From the link:

Hydraulic fracturing, also known as “fracking” or hydrofracking, is a drilling process in which natural gas and oil are extracted from deep underground by injecting large amounts of water and toxic chemicals through a wellbore to break up the rock, shale rock or coal beds, thereby enabling the natural gas and oil to escape. The extremely low natural permeability of shale has prompted companies to create these fractures in the shale formations in order to form a pathway along the fractures for the gas to flow and escape.

The use of fracking by energy companies has increased dramatically around the country in the past few years. There are hundreds of chemicals used in fracking, many of which are known carcinogens, including benzene. These toxic chemicals are being introduced into the environment, both underground and above ground, and as a result are causing well water poisoning, land devaluation, i.e., a severe drop in the value of land affected by the fracking process. Some property owners have reported that their well water is contaminated and is no longer safe for drinking, bathing, or washing clothes. In addition, people have reported trouble breathing due to hazardous chemicals that have been released into the air. These serious health concerns associated with fracking or hydrofracking have adverse effects on people, drinking water, air and property values.

Probably because it isn't a proven fact. Statistically speaking, all those poisons in the air and in the drinking water are going to damage someone.

Bingo. :thup:

TT,

You might want to have somebody smarter than you explain this to you. You're clearly struggling with it.

Please provide a single link that proves scientifically or medically that fracking has caused a single case of cancer.

I feel no obligation to provide evidence to support a claim I've never made.

Clearly the jury is out on this. But it's a fact that the process introduces known carcinogens to the area being fracked. The link provided in the OP gives you one such example, but feel free to do your own due diligence. Just don't tell me that you're certain it doesn't cause cancer because I don't believe for a second that you're clairvoyant.

I haven't been on USMB very long, but you have.

Here's one thing am smart enough to understand; Everyone that makes a claim MUST back it up with facts, always in the form of links, or be called out as a liar or fraud.

That I learned on day one.

So take your pick ani. Are you a liar or a fraud?

From the link:

The poisons do not reach the air or the water.

I guess you missed the part where I never made the claim you attribute to me skippy. :thup:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/172931-foodies-forced-into-a-life-of-crime-5.html
Quote: Originally Posted by manifold
Quote: Originally Posted by Two Thumbs
No one has gotten ill from fracking...
yeah, unless you count cancer.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/171102-fracking-some-very-good-news.html

manifold
Cockeyed Optimist
Member #8806 Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,523 Posts

A cancer epidemic is a small price to pay for an economic boon.

Just proved that you're a liar.

damn, this is far far to easy.

Heavens to Murgatroyd, I do owe you an apology Two Thumbs. It's clearly my fault for the misunderstanding and I hope you can forgive me. My response that you linked was not intended to be a declarative statement of fact, although I can see now that it can easily be interpretted as such. I was simply lampooning what appears to be your statement of fact in the post I replied to. And clearly you cannot know for certain that 'no one has gotten ill from fracking'. And that's to say nothing about the known carcinagenic properties of the chemicals used in fracking.

No, it's a big price. And I'd like to see you prove that, "The poisons do not reach the air or the water."

Well, according to ani, I don't have to prove anything. I'm right b/c I said so.

but I'm an upstanding guy.

go here

Fracking, some very good news
[shit]

click on the link in my posting above, I have a list there. also near the end of the thread a person claiming to have done it for a living has some links.

or

You can try to prove your claim that it does get in the water and air.
I already know that you can't, so check out my links please.

No, it's a big price. And I'd like to see you prove that, "The poisons do not reach the air or the water."

Well, according to ani, I don't have to prove anything. I'm right b/c I said so.

go here

[shit]

click on the link in my posting above, I have a list there. also near the end of the thread a person claiming to have done it for a living has some links.

or

I made no such claim.

I understand that you can't back it up. Maybe you should leave the thread and try to reclaim some of your lost dignity.

Heavens to Murgatroyd, I do owe you an apology Two Thumbs. It's clearly my fault for the misunderstanding and I hope you can forgive me. My response that you linked was not intended to be a declarative statement of fact, although I can see now that it can easily be interpretted as such. I was simply lampooning what appears to be your statement of fact in the post I replied to. And clearly you cannot know for certain that 'no one has gotten ill from fracking'. And that's to say nothing about the known carcinagenic properties of the chemicals used in fracking.

Enjoy hotdogs on the grill ani. but remember; hotdogs cause cancer, the charcoal causes global warming and the tomatos in your catsoup was picked by illegals that got paid less than minimum wage.

go here

[shit]

or

I made no such claim.

I understand that you can't back it up. Maybe you should leave the thread and try to reclaim some of your lost dignity.

so you didn't say this; "Probably because it isn't a proven fact. Statistically speaking, all those poisons in the air and in the drinking water are going to damage someone."

Or did that have nothing to do with fracking?

Did you even bother to check the thread for links?

Enjoy hotdogs on the grill ani. but remember; hotdogs cause cancer, the charcoal causes global warming and the tomatos in your catsoup was picked by illegals that got paid less than minimum wage.

C- for the joke, no offense.

But I'm glad we got our miscommunication worked out.

And seriously, I've researched fracking fairly thoroughly and the sum total of everything I've learned makes me say 'NIMBY' "NIMBY' 'NIMBY', not in my back yard... no fucking way!

As always, you're welcome to study the facts (or not) and draw your own conclusions accordingly.

go here

[shit]

or

I made no such claim.

so you didn't say this; "Probably because it isn't a proven fact. Statistically speaking, all those poisons in the air and in the drinking water are going to damage someone."

Oh, my bad. I forgot to put the word if in there.

I don't know much about the subject but I find it hard to believe that there are no accidents where chemicals are not released into the atmosphere. I read recently of one person's well blowing up from toxic chemicals introduced by fracking.

But feel free to prove otherwise.

C- for the joke, no offense. None taken. Dying is easy, comedies hard.

But I'm glad we got our miscommunication worked out.

And seriously, I've researched fracking fairly thoroughly and the sum total of everything I've learned makes me say 'NIMBY' "NIMBY' 'NIMBY', not in my back yard... no fucking way!

As always, you're welcome to study the facts (or not) and draw your own conclusions accordingly.

When I saw the flaming water, I got alarmed. My family lives near a region where fracking occurs.

from about 2 dozen sites, looking for facts that go beyond assumption. I have no issue with fracking.

But people live in abject fear of nuclear power to this very day, even though it's the got the greatest safety record.

Last edited:
I made no such claim.

Oh, my bad. I forgot to put the word if in there.

I don't know much about the subject but I find it hard to believe that there are no accidents where chemicals are not released into the atmosphere. I read recently of one person's well blowing up from toxic chemicals introduced by fracking.

But feel free to prove otherwise.

Could an accident occur? sure, you may not make it home after work b/c you got killed by a truck hauling frack juice.

Please check the thread, there are plenty of links in there.

or

feel free to prove your own hearsay claims.

Forum List

Back