CDZ Law Enforcement Bill of Rights

Very, very, very wrong

There is no accountability here. And the disparate treatment you'd find with regular citizens is reason enough for the outrage.

I am a little confused about the wording used in the thread, OP, although the topic seems very relevant to my own interest and to the interest of fellow citizens alike.

The article is also confusing, although intriguingly evoking my attention in the same manner.

I perceive cohesion between the thread you opened and the article you shared, but after the third paragraph of the article the references therein seem to be ostentatiously retracting to the main references in the first two paragraphs.

Before we proceed, is it fair to associate the expression "Bill of Rights" with finances (which I am assuming is the main reason the word "career" was brought up by you)?

I am asking the question because otherwise successful careering citizens wouldn't require additional rights endowed to them, but would instead be endowing those rights unto themselves and their communities.

The OP's question seems slightly ambivalent without further clarification.

I am a little confused about the wording used in the thread, OP, although the topic seems very relevant to my own interest and to the interest of fellow citizens alike.

The article is also confusing, although intriguingly evoking my attention in the same manner.

I perceive cohesion between the thread you opened and the article you shared, but after the third paragraph of the article the references therein seem to be ostentatiously retracting to the main references in the first two paragraphs.

Before we proceed, is it fair to associate the expression "Bill of Rights" with finances (which I am assuming is the main reason the word "career" was brought up by you)?

I am asking the question because otherwise successful careering citizens wouldn't require additional rights endowed to them, but would instead be endowing those rights unto themselves and their communities.

It is not that complicated of a question, and you're muddling the word career. If you wish to do more research on the LEOBOR, be my guest.

Should certain citizens be afforded additional rights, that the average citizen does not have based on their career? Yes law enforcement has their own additional bill of rights.

Take A Look At The Law Enforcement Officers' Bill Of Rights

I know the source may not seem unbiased to some, but look it up yourself. Is this right or wrong

Right or wrong?

It is neither right nor wrong. The rights noted in the article are nothing more than the terms of employment between employees and their employer. If that's what they've agreed upon, well it just is.

sheneman-buono-quixotejpg-e44ee988240c5e82.jpg

It is not that complicated of a question, and you're muddling the word career. If you wish to do more research on the LEOBOR, be my guest.

It may not seem a complicated question, but the wrong answer could surely complicate things, don't you think?

Why else would we need to discuss it?

Should certain citizens be afforded additional rights, that the average citizen does not have based on their career? Yes law enforcement has their own additional bill of rights.

Take A Look At The Law Enforcement Officers' Bill Of Rights

I know the source may not seem unbiased to some, but look it up yourself. Is this right or wrong

Parts of it seem reasonable.

Police have a complicated job and deserve some special treatment. They have one of the jobs where if you make a bad split second decision at work you die or go to jail. Yes, I said it.

If I read right, it seems once you lock one up for murder the employment agreement does not affect the investigation.

There is a fine line here. There are crooked cops who need prosecuted. There are sub par officers who need fired. There are racist cops who need prosecuted. There are good cops who just saw something wrong and acted in self defense who should be let off the hook.

The process of locking one up in a questionable situation unfortunately might have to be slower than the process of locking a civilian like me up.

Forum List

Back