Law abiding Wisconsinites afraid for their safety

Everyone knows unions have no history whatsoever of any kind of intimidation tactics and vandalism.... These accusations would be completely outside the relm of possibility for unions to perpetrate...

Right?

:cuckoo:

Well, there's a history of anti-abortionists bombing places of lawful business and murdering law abiding citizens. Should those who oppose Walker fear they'll be murdered since Walker and many of his supporters are anti-abortion?

Deflection noted...

What is the statistical probability of someone being murdered by a mad abortion bomber in Wisconsin vs. getting your tires slashed by a mad union anti-Walker thug?

As I type I'm listening to people calling in on a local conservative talk show. One caller noted the lack of Walker support signs. The host said people need to get off their butt and put the signs out. Then his phones and email inbox exploded with the reasons people aren't putting Walker signs in their yard or on their car.

Law abiding Wisconsinites are afraid to show support for Walker.

They're afraid for their safety. They're afraid their windows will be broken if they have a pro-Walker sticker. And they're especially afraid for the safety of their children.

An elderly caller said her tires were slashed and a hateful message left behind because she had a Walker bumper sticker.

THAT's what we're dealing with in Wisconsin. Some of these anti-Walker-ites are scary. Anti-Walker people feel free to talk as loud and as radically as they want, wherever they want. They make threatening phone calls to people who are doing business with Walker supporters. Anti-Walker teachers feel free to assign children to make drawings telling what is wrong with Walker. But parents are afraid to tell their children that they support Walker in case the child mentions it in school and is harmed in some way for it.

We've been living through months of this now. We don't want to let intimidation win. But some of these people have abandoned decency. You can't trust they know where the boundaries are anymore.

I used to be afraid of ghosts. Then I grew up and realized those fears were irrational.

Deflection noted...

Demonstrating a failing in your argument isn't a deflection. It's appraising the argument's merits.

What is the statistical probability of someone being murdered by a mad abortion bomber in Wisconsin vs. getting your tires slashed by a mad union anti-Walker thug?

I would venture that both statistical probabilities are negligible, though the chances of the latter are even more negligible.

Pathetic. Trying to intimidate and threaten people for expressing an opinion you don't like.

These thugs really are Robbers.

Show me what "YOU" contributed to the discussion, shit for brains... :eusa_whistle:

Oh wait... it was the SINTILLATINGLY, HYPERINTELLECTULE RESPONSE.... "tissue."

Idiot.

Why do you not get a new avatar and quit acting like an Indian, you embarrass many of us.

"Us?" You got a turd in your pocket shit for brains?

Pound sand idiot, you know exactly NOTHING of who or what I am.

Fucking pathetic jackass.

Yes, I did know that you are a fucking pathetic jackass.

As I type I'm listening to people calling in on a local conservative talk show. One caller noted the lack of Walker support signs. The host said people need to get off their butt and put the signs out. Then his phones and email inbox exploded with the reasons people aren't putting Walker signs in their yard or on their car.

They're afraid for their safety. They're afraid their windows will be broken if they have a pro-Walker sticker. And they're especially afraid for the safety of their children.

An elderly caller said her tires were slashed and a hateful message left behind because she had a Walker bumper sticker.

THAT's what we're dealing with in Wisconsin. Some of these anti-Walker-ites are scary. Anti-Walker people feel free to talk as loud and as radically as they want, wherever they want. They make threatening phone calls to people who are doing business with Walker supporters. Anti-Walker teachers feel free to assign children to make drawings telling what is wrong with Walker. But parents are afraid to tell their children that they support Walker in case the child mentions it in school and is harmed in some way for it.

We've been living through months of this now. We don't want to let intimidation win. But some of these people have abandoned decency. You can't trust they know where the boundaries are anymore.

As an aside, as someone living in Wisconsin, did you have to listen to the radio today before you figured out that you were too scared to put up a Walker bumper sticker or campaign?

Deflection noted...

Demonstrating a failing in your argument isn't a deflection. It's appraising the argument's merits.
Countering me with "Yeah, but what about <fill in the blank>" is not appraising the argument's merits...

I would venture that both statistical probabilities are negligible, though the chances of the latter are even more negligible.[/QUOTE]

It's just math, but I don't see how you can say the latter is less negligable... (unless you're just being a leftist hack on purpose)

Factors in the equation:
  • How many dead leftists across the nation from abortion activist bombings
  • How many cars with tires slashed across the nation from union activists
  • Crime statistics from the state for death by bombing
  • Crime statistics from the state for tire slashings
  • State Population

Countering me with "Yeah, but what about <fill in the blank>" is not appraising the argument's merits...

Well, guess it's a good thing I didn't say that. :eusa_whistle:

It's just math, but I don't see how you can say the latter is less negligable... (unless you're just being a leftist hack on purpose)

Factors in the equation:
  • State Population

No, those aren't the factors. The only REAL factor this is important in all of this is: What credible reason is there to expect that such violence is going to happen? There's none.

Sure you did... Unless you think this thread was about abortion bombings...

Factors in the equation:
  • State Population

No, those aren't the factors. The only REAL factor this is important in all of this is: What credible reason is there to expect that such violence is going to happen? There's none.

If you want to ignore statistics I can't stop you...

There is no direct evidence of any violence associated with the recall Walker campaign. When pressed on this, the best anyone can come up with is in effect, "Well, it's UNIONS, and they ALWAYS do shit like that . . ."

Which is, in effect, nothing.

Factors in the equation:
  • State Population

You aren't here. You don't know what the evidence is. Just because I can't google it doesn't give you any credible leg to stand on in arguing that the feelings of people living here are invalid.

People in the middle of it know when they're getting signals that it would not be safe to let their political leanings be known in their neighborhood, at their work place, to their kids' teachers, to fellow parents on the soccer field, .....

One person who confessed to being a "coward" this year says that she got her political awakening in 2004 when her child's 6th grade teacher used the family's support for Bush against the child. She doesn't like being a coward but her husband works at a place full of liberals and her family has too much to lose if they were to be overt in their support for Walker and she's not going to risk it.

You can call BS but you are NOT here so you just don't know.

I used to be afraid of ghosts. Then I grew up and realized those fears were irrational.

And then reality bitchslapped you across the mouth.....

"How Nasty Can Union Violence Get And Still Be Legal?

By ALAN FARNHAM

Sept. 22, 2011

How nasty can union violence get and still be legal? A labor racketeering case against one of the biggest building trade unions in New York promises to clarify just how far union violence can go without becoming illegal -- if not at the polling place, at least on the work site.

In Hamburg, New York, near Buffalo, leaders of the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 17 stand accused of violent acts, threats of violence, and destruction of property. The defendants have denied the allegations, according to the Buffalo News.

According to court papers and to coverage by the Buffalo News, the charges against them include stabbing a knife into the neck of a construction company president, throwing hot coffee at non-union workers, pouring sand into gas tanks and transmissions of 17 construction vehicles, and threatening sexual assault against the wife of a company representative. The racketeering case was first filed in 2008.

According to court papers, the executive who was stabbed in the neck asked a union organizer what benefit he would get if he hired members of the union. "You guys slash my tires, stab me in the neck, try to beat me up," he protested. "What are the positives?"

"The positives," reportedly replied the organizer, "are that the negatives you are complaining about would go away."

At the time of the indictment, then-U.S. Attorney Terrance P. Flynn said Local 17 had victimized construction sites large and small. "We believe they had a negative financial impact on almost every major construction project in Western New York." Today Flynn, in private practice at law firm Harris Beach, tells ABC News he still considers the case to be "a very important investigation." A dozen union officials stand accused of extortion and labor racketeering."

How Nasty Can Union Violence Get And Still Be Legal? - ABC News

There is ZERO evidence that intimidation is occurring, none. An anonymous caller to a right wing radio station doesn't count as evidence.

That being said, Intimidation tactics have no place in a political debate.

Walker will be recalled, no intimidation needed.

^^
Bookmarked for future potential mockery...:cool:

And when he's recalled will you mock yourself?

You have no ides what other people feel. Discounting what people feel, real or imagined is rather obtuse.

Well, sure, I guess none of us can really say that we're inside someone else's head. But I think that rationally speaking, there is no reason to sit here and concern ourselves with people who claim to be afraid because of violence that is not even happening. If someone came on here and said that they were "afraid" to put a pro-Obama sign in their yard because they don't want their tires slashed, would you find that a rational fear? Would such a thread emerge here on this board? If someone said that law abiding Texans are afraid to put Ron Paul signs in their yard because they don't want Perry supporters to come in their homes and shoot them, would anyone be entertaining those notions as if they were worthy of consideration absent any evidence to even suggest that might happen?

Fear can be real or imagined, yes that's true. But fear can also be invented, and that's what we seem to have here.

I don't live there. I am rather sure you do not live there either, or you would have said. The funny thing about the media..... at times you do not get the whole, real story.... or you get whatever spin they want to put on things.

All i can tell you is unions are notorious for thug intimidation...and they are very good at it as its their stock in trade so to speak. Labor.. ie unions... is backing the recall.

In my opinion i would not discount stories you cant link to when it comes to union skulduggery, intimation and under the radar violence.

As GT quite conveniently demonstrated, many on the Left have no problem at all with breaking someone's windows or slashing their tires, if that other person is a conservative. GT's opinion seems to be that since they have conservative views then they are fair game and if they can't handle that then they are "cowards".

When Republicans were voted into control of the Wisconsin legislature, the Left responded by shutting down the government.

So basically the message that you're sending is that if there is an election and the Left wins...that's great and let's all go pass some new legislation...but if the Left loses...then it's time to shut down the entire process so legislation they don't like can't pass.

Yet, you people accuse Republicans of being the party of no? That's actually quite amusing.

Forum List

Back