CDZ Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Would you require a literacy test for voting? Or a test on the U.S. political system before voting?

Absolutely, and one demonstrating knowledge of the local, state, [band[/b] Federal political system. Those who can't pass all three can vote in those areas they did pass.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

When the government is is given the power to test people before granting them protected rights, those rights are no longer endowed on those people by their creator. They are endowed by the government.

The entire concept goes against the very foundations of what America is supposed to stand for - rights and freedom that are intrinsic to man rather than as a gift from government.

The D of I was a propaganda document, not law, and the man who penned it under the supervision of Adams was perfectly willing to ignore both it and the Constitution whenever existential realities made it necessary in his opinion when in office himself. Your fantasy of what we're 'Founded On' isn't based on what those terms meant to 18th century minds, and in any case few of the 'Founders' were noted for their egalitarianism and support for universal suffrage. What they are saying has little resemblance to what you think they mean.

Would you require a literacy test for voting? Or a test on the U.S. political system before voting?

Absolutely, and one demonstrating knowledge of the local, state, [band[/b] Federal political system. Those who can't pass all three can vote in those areas they did pass.

And I imagine you want everyone to pass a basic legal test in libel and slander before they can post on the internet, write a book or use a computer?

That's the second analogy that has nothing to do with what I said re the topic. I'm not an ideologue, I base my views on relevance, not some test of ideological purity, so you will just have to stick to posting in echo chambers to get the answer you think best fits your fantasy views. I'm not interested in being PC for the right or left wingers, and my views on gun control aren't 'fascist' or anything but moderate and reasonable requirements; whether they fit libertoon lunacy or 'progressive' lunacy is not a real factor.

Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Actually, law abiding citizens should be able to go about their lives without a relentless culture that continually glorifies guns and violence, that's what they should be able to do.

No such culture exists.

Never been out of this country huh?

First thing you need is what we travellers call a "passport".....

Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Actually, law abiding citizens should be able to go about their lives without a relentless culture that continually glorifies guns and violence, that's what they should be able to do.

No such culture exists.

Never been out of this country huh?

First thing you need is what we travellers call a "passport".....
^ This is a classic example of deflection. 5 stars.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

When the government is is given the power to test people before granting them protected rights, those rights are no longer endowed on those people by their creator. They are endowed by the government.

The entire concept goes against the very foundations of what America is supposed to stand for - rights and freedom that are intrinsic to man rather than as a gift from government.

The D of I was a propaganda document, not law, and the man who penned it under the supervision of Adams was perfectly willing to ignore both it and the Constitution whenever existential realities made it necessary in his opinion when in office himself. Your fantasy of what we're 'Founded On' isn't based on what those terms meant to 18th century minds, and in any case few of the 'Founders' were noted for their egalitarianism and support for universal suffrage. What they are saying has little resemblance to what you think they mean.
*sigh*

Again with the straw man. You STILL refuse to acknoledge what it means when you allow the state to 'test' you for your 'rights.'

Simple question, are our rights intrinsic or granted to us by the grace of the state?

This should be obvious to anyone who understands the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and how we catch criminals.......if you are a law abiding citizen, you should be able to carry a gun either concealed or open......in any state in the union without fear of arrest or prosecution...why don't you anti gunners get that?
We do; it is gun lovers that complain about registering for posse duty.

*sigh*

Again with the straw man. You STILL refuse to acknoledge what it means when you allow the state to 'test' you for your 'rights.'

Simple question, are our rights intrinsic or granted to us by the grace of the state?

You're just babbling; as I said I'm not the least interested in your version of PC and sophistry. I don't want into the cult you're in, so quit pushing the entrance exam at me.

*sigh*

'Intrinsic' to what? The 'natural rights' argument originated with he Greeks and and Judeo-Christian theology. They have little do with gun safety and sales.

You're just babbling; as I said I'm not the least interested in your version of PC and sophistry. I don't want into the cult you're in, so quit pushing the entrance exam at me.
Didn't ask you to join anything at all. You simply cannot answer the question so you are deflecting with character assassination. Not really surprised at this point.

Didn't ask you to join anything at all. You simply cannot answer the question so you are deflecting with character assassination. Not really surprised at this point.

I answered it completely. You not liking it and trying to make it fit into your cult narrative doesn't concern me in the least; I ignore ideologues.for the most part, because they rarely have anything intelligent to add and have no arguments that matter in the real world.

This should be obvious to anyone who understands the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and how we catch criminals.......if you are a law abiding citizen, you should be able to carry a gun either concealed or open......in any state in the union without fear of arrest or prosecution...why don't you anti gunners get that?

Yes, and they oppose being drafted.Libertarian types are very selective and inconsistent, just as left wingers are with their ideologies.

Certainly, it would be nice to have the greatest amount of free choice and liberty for adults; no prohibition, no identity cards or controls, no pollution and poisoning imposed upon the innocent, etc. Rational people know that carrying firearms all the time is unnecessary (with tendencies to paranoia) and dangerous.

I have worked in hosptals almost all of my adult life-------I have seen mothers lying on the emergency room floor screaming (some kid found dad's gun)
So what is your point?

I have worked in hosptals almost all of my adult life-------I have seen mothers lying on the emergency room floor screaming (some kid found dad's gun)

Yeah.......out of 357 million guns in private hands about 50 kids a year have that happen.........and the relevance to this thread would be?
The back yard swimming pool is much more likely to kill your child than your gun and therefore we should outlaw swimming pools?

Yes, and they oppose being drafted.Libertarian types are very selective and inconsistent, just as left wingers are with their ideologies.
i am on the federal left; i am as consistent as the federal doctrine; it is the federal way, or no way.

Certainly, it would be nice to have the greatest amount of free choice and liberty for adults; no prohibition, no identity cards or controls, no pollution and poisoning imposed upon the innocent, etc. Rational people know that carrying firearms all the time is unnecessary (with tendencies to paranoia) and dangerous.
not to mention, an increase in accidents due to more, rather than less, non-well regulated militia having access to guns.

Yeah.......out of 357 million guns in private hands about 50 kids a year have that happen.........and the relevance to this thread would be?
The back yard swimming pool is much more likely to kill your child than your gun and therefore we should outlaw swimming pools?
Back yard pools can be required to have safety devices that make them inaccessible to those not responsible enough to have adult access.

Forum List

Back