Lavon scandal: 9 terrorists were honored!

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
The Lavon scandal is not well known in America.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I think that news was not published in western media to not provoke americans or british

50 years after lavon Scandal, when many mossad agents were put in charge to conduct "the susannah operation": the goal was to bomb american and british interests in Egypt in order to blur the relations btwn Nasser and the West.

according to israeli newspaper, former president Moshe katsav has honored 9 terrorists of this operation. :confused:

Israel Honors 9 Egyptian spies

it's evident that, Israeli's Defense Minister Pinhas Lavon was brought down by the scandal

In 1954, Israeli agents working in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including a United States diplomatic facility, and left evidence behind implicating Arabs as the culprits. The ruse would have worked, had not one of the bombs detonated prematurely, allowing the Egyptians to capture and identify one of the bombers, which in turn led to the round up of an Israeli spy ring.

Some of the spies were from Israel, while others were recruited from the local Jewish population. Israel responded to the scandal with claims in the media that there was no spy ring

Honorable Chairman, members of the Knesset. The trial that started two days ago in Egypt against 13 Jews is disturbing everybody and brings about an emotional turmoil and deep bitterness in the country [Israel] and in the whole Jewish world. Indeed, it must cause concern and anxiety in the hearts of all justice-seeking people around the universe. The Committee for Foreign Affairs and Security has alreadv dealt and will further deal with this serious issue. But at this stage I feel obliged to make a short announcement. In my speech in the Knesset on November 15 1 said "The uncontrolled behavior of' Egypt . . . does not indicate . . . that its leadership . . . is seeking moderate approaches and peace. How far Egypt is from this spirit [of moderation and peace] can be learned from the plot woven in Alexandria, the show-trial which is being organized there against a group of Jews who became victims of false accusations of espionage, and who, it seems, are being threatened and tortured in order to extract from them confessions in imaginary crimes.
Fortunately, egyptian intelligence was able to catch some terrorists early.

I think this ceremonial is condemnable and we should put more light on history.

Katsav with 9 terrorists of Lavon scandal ...
lavon%20afair.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back