LaVar Ball downplays Donald Trump's role in UCLA freshmen's release. "Who?"

Dumbasses caused an international incident over the sunglasses game.

Tanked their future in the process.

Brilliant!

If the NBA has a team that picks them up, they'll be boycotted like the NFL is.

NCAA is where it's at these days.

Maybe them old timers back in the day knew something I didn't.

Wait..of course they did! :eek:
this is actually a very serious thing they did.

they humiliated the team, the university, the ncaa and basketball. THE COUNTRY AND THEIR RACE.

all b/c they couldn't control themselves in another country.

If these guys get to stay in school, let alone get a chance to play, I'd be a little surprised.

Added a few things there for you....

Yes, more importantly they humiliated this country and their race. The funny thing about the left is they think WHITE AMERICANS don't like blacks. They have no clue how much Asians (specifically the Chinese) hate blacks.

Oh, they will of course think a person like me is full of shit....OR more to the point they don't give a shit. Much like how they cannot possibly care less about black on black murders, they sure as shit won't give a shit if yellows hate blacks.

Incidents like this only affirms what the Chinese already think about blacks in general. Especially black Americans. Trust me. They all get a lot of stuff from their Chinese relatives that live here.

That is what ought to concern blacks. Instead they are more concerned about giving Trump credit for getting the China government to release those 3 black criminals. Instead, they refuse to do it. They somehow loop it back to Trump being a racist.

They just cannot stop being slaves to their democrat massas. Which, I find funny actually.

Ignorant generalizations

Is this a surprise? This guy is a clown, reminds me of the Williams sisters and their overbearing father. Once they shed him and his vitriol, they succeeded.

Imagine if Trump hadn't done anything, or worse, told the Chinese "hey let's really milk this. If you don't mind hold these meatheads for a month, I will make a magical phone call (and have it leaked to the media) and you release them to much celebration".

He is ungrateful. Hopefully his son remembers this in the future if he gets into legal trouble and even the best lawyer can't help him. Maybe their old man will go to the courts and let them know who he is and all will go away...

The father probably thinks shoplifting is as petty of a crime in China as it is here. At least where I live, if the police are called out for a shoplifting suspect, they just write them a ticket and go away.

Years ago a middle-east family opened up a convenient store near my home. I walked in when the police were there for a guy who stole a couple packs of cigarettes. I heard the cop say "If he comes back, give us a call and we'll throw him out of here."

The clerk and I began to discuss the theft, and he said his grandmother wrote him to find out how he's doing in the US. So he sent her our local paper. She wrote back with great concern. She claimed that we have more theft in our Cleveland suburb in one week than the entire middle-east has in a year.

He concurred. Where he came from, if you got caught stealing anything, they cut of your hand. If you steal again, they cut off your other hand. There is no third time. That's why there is little theft over there and we spend tens of millions of dollars on theft.

One, no way was the left going to give him credit for shit. If anything, they would downplay what he actually did, and that is precisely what they are doing. So predictable.

I created a topic on the subject of what Trump did a few days ago:

American prisoners in other countries: Obama vs Trump

Here are some of the liberal comments:

I initially gave Trump kudos for doing this, but then I got to thinking, why is it the president's job to get criminals out of serving their time in other countries? These men went to China and shoplifted not from just one store, but from 3. Had they not been UCLA basketball players, would have have bothered to "save" them?

All the other Americans jailed in China remain there. I guess Trump didn't think they would get him enough publicity.

Of course he got the black basketball players out of jail. Now posters can claim he’s not a racist. Huge win for Trump.

I think he has moved past letting his racist tendencies show. He learned his lesson when he got slapped down for refusing to rent to black people

I really wish you brain dead partisan morons would stop calling me a liberal. This shit is just crazy.

My apologies. You must be one of those conservatives that take liberal positions all the time. Yes, there are a few of you on USMB. Always talking liberal, but get offended when somebody calls you one.

One, no way was the left going to give him credit for shit. If anything, they would downplay what he actually did, and that is precisely what they are doing. So predictable.

I initially gave Trump kudos for doing this, but then I got to thinking, why is it the president's job to get criminals out of serving their time in other countries? These men went to China and shoplifted not from just one store, but from 3. Had they not been UCLA basketball players, would have have bothered to "save" them?

All the other Americans jailed in China remain there. I guess Trump didn't think they would get him enough publicity.

Of course he got the black basketball players out of jail. Now posters can claim he’s not a racist. Huge win for Trump.

I think he has moved past letting his racist tendencies show. He learned his lesson when he got slapped down for refusing to rent to black people

I really wish you brain dead partisan morons would stop calling me a liberal. This shit is just crazy.

My apologies. You must be one of those conservatives that take liberal positions all the time. Yes, there are a few of you on USMB. Always talking liberal, but get offended when somebody calls you one.

Ah, you must be one of those who thinks “disagrees with me on anything, ever” is a political orientation. So logical...

I would love, just love, for you to show me one liberal position I have taken. Just because I do not like Trump, that does not make me a liberal. Why is it that you partisan morons cannot grasp that fact?

Is this a surprise? This guy is a clown, reminds me of the Williams sisters and their overbearing father. Once they shed him and his vitriol, they succeeded.

Imagine if Trump hadn't done anything, or worse, told the Chinese "hey let's really milk this. If you don't mind hold these meatheads for a month, I will make a magical phone call (and have it leaked to the media) and you release them to much celebration".

He is ungrateful. Hopefully his son remembers this in the future if he gets into legal trouble and even the best lawyer can't help him. Maybe their old man will go to the courts and let them know who he is and all will go away...

The father probably thinks shoplifting is as petty of a crime in China as it is here. At least where I live, if the police are called out for a shoplifting suspect, they just write them a ticket and go away.

Years ago a middle-east family opened up a convenient store near my home. I walked in when the police were there for a guy who stole a couple packs of cigarettes. I heard the cop say "If he comes back, give us a call and we'll throw him out of here."

The clerk and I began to discuss the theft, and he said his grandmother wrote him to find out how he's doing in the US. So he sent her our local paper. She wrote back with great concern. She claimed that we have more theft in our Cleveland suburb in one week than the entire middle-east has in a year.

He concurred. Where he came from, if you got caught stealing anything, they cut of your hand. If you steal again, they cut off your other hand. There is no third time. That's why there is little theft over there and we spend tens of millions of dollars on theft.

In all honesty, this is one of the reasons the M.E have many hellholes. I wonder who would volunteer to cut off the hand of a teenager or young adult who made a stupid mistake? The 10 year sentence they were facing was absurd and there are many absurd sentences in my opinion even in the West. At least there is a focus on rehabilitation in most cases, and the Christian virtue of forgiveness where warranted.

These excessive rules are usually in place in nations in which the powerful reign over their citizens, deny them upward mobility and thus they know their kids would never have their hand cut off. If they were caught they would simply be given a pass, if it's the rest of the society they oppress, cut off their hand!

A messed up and vile system of "justice" if you ask me. It's no wonder there are only a few countries there worth visiting. It should be no surprise to anyone why America is the country people all around the world flock to.

In all honesty, this is one of the reasons the M.E have many hellholes. I wonder who would volunteer to cut off the hand of a teenager or young adult who made a stupid mistake? The 10 year sentence they were facing was absurd and there are many absurd sentences in my opinion even in the West. At least there is a focus on rehabilitation in most cases, and the Christian virtue of forgiveness where warranted.

These excessive rules are usually in place in nations in which the powerful reign over their citizens, deny them upward mobility and thus they know their kids would never have their hand cut off. If they were caught they would simply be given a pass, if it's the rest of the society they oppress, cut off their hand!

A messed up and vile system of "justice" if you ask me. It's no wonder there are only a few countries there worth visiting. It should be no surprise to anyone why America is the country people all around the world flock to.

They cut off very few hands in the middle-east from what I was told. That's because nobody would think of stealing anything there. The clerk told me their markets are mostly outside. They have tables, chairs and umbrellas for people to rest while shopping. He said if a woman were to lay her purse on a table and walk away, not only would nobody go near that table, but people walking would cross the street to be nowhere near it, and it would likely be sitting on that table the next day.

What a terrible way to live, huh?

I would love, just love, for you to show me one liberal position I have taken. Just because I do not like Trump, that does not make me a liberal. Why is it that you partisan morons cannot grasp that fact?

Because if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...........

Brilliant!

they humiliated the team, the university, the ncaa and basketball. THE COUNTRY AND THEIR RACE.

If these guys get to stay in school, let alone get a chance to play, I'd be a little surprised.

Yes, more importantly they humiliated this country and their race. The funny thing about the left is they think WHITE AMERICANS don't like blacks. They have no clue how much Asians (specifically the Chinese) hate blacks.

Oh, they will of course think a person like me is full of shit....OR more to the point they don't give a shit. Much like how they cannot possibly care less about black on black murders, they sure as shit won't give a shit if yellows hate blacks.

Incidents like this only affirms what the Chinese already think about blacks in general. Especially black Americans. Trust me. They all get a lot of stuff from their Chinese relatives that live here.

That is what ought to concern blacks. Instead they are more concerned about giving Trump credit for getting the China government to release those 3 black criminals. Instead, they refuse to do it. They somehow loop it back to Trump being a racist.

They just cannot stop being slaves to their democrat massas. Which, I find funny actually.

Ignorant generalizations
Make me wonder if you have ever been to an Asian country. Dripping poop.

What is it you don't like about Trump? Did you like something about Obama?

PS: I remember you from another board.

If you want to talk about the evils of big government and how communism stifles the peasant (serf) class and prevents them from any opportunity as OLD MONEY would have it, then fine.

However, this is not about that. This is about spoiled individuals conditioned to think they are nothing but victims. When GROUPS of people believe they are nothing but victims, there is a perpetual chip on the shoulder. As a result we see crime rates rise and ignorance prevail. This is all done by design by the democrats for political expediency and done by the grievance industry cause certain individuals have made a living and have gotten rich from it.

This is the result and this is what we have been saying for a long long time. When you go to another country, you had better follow their laws. ESPECIALLY when it is in a country LIKE FUCKING CHINA!!!

That means they DESERVE what they got. Ignorance is NOT going to fly here. Instead, there is an element here that is saying how "MISTREATED" they are. No, they are not mistreated and they NOT VICTIMS. Period.

Want to discuss why the free market and the concept of OPPORTUNITY is the best friend to the peasant class and why OLD MONEY wants to do away with that notion? Want to discuss why the world globalist movement under the "NEW WORLD ORDER" is actually a new version of the OLD FEUDAL SYSTEM where the serf class has ZERO OPPORTUNITY given to them?

Fine. This is not about that.

Brilliant!

Ignorant generalizations
Make me wonder if you have ever been to an Asian country. ...

:lmao:

They cut off very few hands in the middle-east from what I was told. That's because nobody would think of stealing anything there. The clerk told me their markets are mostly outside. They have tables, chairs and umbrellas for people to rest while shopping. He said if a woman were to lay her purse on a table and walk away, not only would nobody go near that table, but people walking would cross the street to be nowhere near it, and it would likely be sitting on that table the next day.

In my opinion yes, it is a terrible way to live. I'm all for law and justice, I'm not into morbid punishment for minor indiscretions. Furthermore, there's not much room for leeway is there? A single mother stealing a loaf of bread gets her hand cut off just as a multi-millionaire who steals millions from retired citizens. Also, a man can cheat on his wife but if she does it, or is accused of it, she can be stoned to death. Worse treatment than a dog. If you have the time and the emotional control, watch the movie The Stoning of Soraya M on Netflix based on a true story. I dare you not to want to have an angry response that such an injustice brings.

Ask yourself this, if these countries are so great and living in such utopia, have you reserved your plane ticket to take the family over on a vacation there? I kid you not, you could give me an all expense paid trip to some places in the world and I would not go. That's just my personal opinion, and it's not because I wouldn't like the average person, it's my distrust of their system and the abuses that are found within them.

I would not go there and preach how they should live, it's their society. It is without question, excessively abusive to women and those who aren't politically connected. I know many who have moved to Canada from these countries who have told me how happy they are to have left those societies. There are millions more like them who want to be free. Far right "conservatism" is just as bad as far left, alt-left communism.

Last edited:

In my opinion yes, it is a terrible way to live. I'm all for law and justice, I'm not into morbid punishment for minor indiscretions. Furthermore, there's not much room for leeway is there? A single mother stealing a loaf of bread gets her hand cut off just as a multi-millionaire who steals millions from retired citizens. Also, a man can cheat on his wife but if she does it, or is accused of it, she can be stoned to death. Worse treatment than a dog. If you have the time and the emotional control, watch the movie The Stoning of Soraya M on Netflix based on a true story. I dare you not to want to have an angry response that such an injustice brings.

Ask yourself this, if these countries are so great and living in such utopia, have you reserved your plane ticket to take the family over on a vacation there? I kid you not, you could give me an all expense paid trip to some places in the world and I would not go. That's just my personal opinion, and it's not because I wouldn't like the average person, it's my distrust of their system and the abuses that are found within them.

I would not go there and preach how they should live, it's their society. It is without question, excessively abusive to women and those who aren't politically connected. I know many who have moved to Canada from these countries who have told me how happy they are to have left those societies. There are millions more like them who want to be free. Far right "conservatism" is just as bad as far left, alt-left communism.

I never said adopt their government, their entire way of life, or their value system. My point was only that a proper deterrent works every time it's tried.

There was a story many years ago about an American exchange student that went to Singapore. He was a yuppy with the upbringing of any spoiled kid. The school taught him how Singapore's penalty system and outlook on crime was way different than ours. But he tried to challenge it anyway.

He and another guy took some spray paint, damaged some cars, and were eventually caught. He was sentenced to seven whacks with the cane and jail time.

Caning in Singapore is (or was) different than any place around the world. What they do is strip you naked, tie you down bent over, take a four foot cane soaked in oil, and have a martial arts expert come in and hit you as hard as he can.

The pain lasts for days. The reason they strip you naked is because the pain is so intense, many crap themselves on the first strike. Many pass out from the pain during the process, but even if you are able to stay awake, they drag you back to your cell because you are incapable of walking. The scars left are for life and the only way to remove them is through plastic surgery.

I forget who the President was now, but they tried to get the student back before the penalty was carried out. The Singapore government responded that in interest of relations with the United Staes, all they could do is drop the penalty from seven strikes with the cane to five, but no more. They also said their penal system is why they never have a problem with cars being spray painted while in the US, punks are spray painting police cars every week.

I never said adopt their government, their entire way of life, or their value system. My point was only that a proper deterrent works every time it's tried.

There was a story many years ago about an American exchange student that went to Singapore. He was a yuppy with the upbringing of any spoiled kid. The school taught him how Singapore's penalty system and outlook on crime was way different than ours. But he tried to challenge it anyway.

He and another guy took some spray paint, damaged some cars, and were eventually caught. He was sentenced to seven whacks with the cane and jail time.

Caning in Singapore is (or was) different than any place around the world. What they do is strip you naked, tie you down bent over, take a four foot cane soaked in oil, and have a martial arts expert come in and hit you as hard as he can.

The pain lasts for days. The reason they strip you naked is because the pain is so intense, many crap themselves on the first strike. Many pass out from the pain during the process, but even if you are able to stay awake, they drag you back to your cell because you are incapable of walking. The scars left are for life and the only way to remove them is through plastic surgery.

I forget who the President was now, but they tried to get the student back before the penalty was carried out. The Singapore government responded that in interest of relations with the United Staes, all they could do is drop the penalty from seven strikes with the cane to five, but no more. They also said their penal system is why they never have a problem with cars being spray painted while in the US, punks are spray painting police cars every week.

Yes I recall that caning well. It was an International issue. My opinion was that if you enter a foreign country you must understand their laws and the punishment. The caning and welts are sometimes lifetime scars, and yes, it was inhumane and excessive. Again, it's their country.

I do recall however, that they cut down the number of whacks he was to receive, and, they allowed him to wear his underwear or some other undergarments. Going by memory here. Ultimately, he did receive some preferential treatment due to the political fallout.

Yes I recall that caning well. It was an International issue. My opinion was that if you enter a foreign country you must understand their laws and the punishment. The caning and welts are sometimes lifetime scars, and yes, it was inhumane and excessive. Again, it's their country.

I do recall however, that they cut down the number of whacks he was to receive, and, they allowed him to wear his underwear or some other undergarments. Going by memory here. Ultimately, he did receive some preferential treatment due to the political fallout.

I seem to remember his father having some strong political ties. His father was a wealthy man and perhaps a supporter of some candidates or party or something. After he got home, the punk kid assaulted his father. I don't know if it had anything to do with Singapore or not, but after I read it, I thought how maybe they should have not reduced his sentence. Apparently he didn't learn enough.

New Topics

Forum List

Back