Lautenberg: Republicans “don’t deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution!”

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
who boy, I guess THIS is that new CIVILITY.

posted at 12:55 pm on March 25, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

SNIP:
Actually, it’s difficult to hear Senator Frank Lautenberg’s patronizing follow-up, because the right-to-life counterprotestors taping his remarks reacted vocally to the idea that an elected official would divide up Constitutional freedoms based on whether people “deserve” them or not. His allowance that he’d give those freedoms to Tea Partiers despite their political views might be even more offensive than his initial remark on Tuesday, as he addressed a Planned Parenthood demonstration:

… The Republicans in Congress claim they’re concerned about the budget balance, but it’s a disguise! It’s not true! It’s a lie! That’s not what they want. They want — they want other people not to be able to have their own opinions. They don’t deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution! But we’ll give it to them anyway.
If there’s a better example of self-evident projection, I’d like to see it. Lautenberg claims that Republicans want to outlaw opinions, based on nothing but apparently some slippage in his tinfoil hat. He then assumes that the government has the power to do exactly what he accuses Republicans of desiring, but airily decides not to exercise it.

read the rest and comments.
Lautenberg: Republicans “don’t deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution!” « Hot Air

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Total projection.
Only liberals are concerned with issues like "hate speech" as a mask for shutting down legitimate opposition.
And never forget Lauternberg is the author of the infamous "Lautenberg Amendment" that made misdemeanors grounds for denying gun rights.

But we will give it to them anyway

Nobody 'gives' anyone their 'freedoms'. Our freedoms are not owned by Government to be handed out to the deserving.... our freedom comes from our Creator, not our Government, you fucking moron. "We" (I assume you mean you) don't give anyone jack shit. Clear?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Nobody 'gives' anyone their 'freedoms'. Our freedoms are not owned by Government to be handed out to the deserving.... our freedom comes from our Creator, not our Government, you fucking moron. "We" (I assume you mean you) don't give anyone jack shit. Clear?

Where did anyone say freedoms would be taken away? As usual......only half the quote was presented and as usual......the rightwing runs to a wrong conclusion and plays the victim

Where did anyone say freedoms would be taken away? As usual......only half the quote was presented and as usual......the rightwing runs to a wrong conclusion and plays the victim

oh REALLY?:lol:

And too many are so willing to abridge their God-Given liberty to a Government that they think is better suited to make their decisions for them....and all the while think government is their friend, and scream loudly for the same government to force others to follow their stupidity and laziness.

And too many are so willing to abridge their God-Given liberty to a Government that they think is better suited to make their decisions for them....and all the while think government is their friend, and scream loudly for the same government to force others to follow their stupidity and laziness.

Idiots like rightwinger think it belongs to this mysterious 'we' who can decide who gets what freedoms. He.... and anyone who thinks like him... can fuck off out of the country because that opinion is downright unAmerican.

Idiots like rightwinger think it belongs to this mysterious 'we' who can decide who gets what freedoms. He.... and anyone who thinks like him... can fuck off out of the country because that opinion is downright unAmerican.

He's a Gubmint employee...it's expected.

Bottom line! The tea party scares the hell out of demonRats like laughtenassher.. true story

again our freedoms are decided everyday by other people.
your freedoms are curtailed daily. If your creator gave you these freedoms, you would expect them never to be curtailed, yet they are.

And it's high time they start minding their own business.

who boy, I guess THIS is that new CIVILITY.

posted at 12:55 pm on March 25, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

SNIP:
Actually, it’s difficult to hear Senator Frank Lautenberg’s patronizing follow-up, because the right-to-life counterprotestors taping his remarks reacted vocally to the idea that an elected official would divide up Constitutional freedoms based on whether people “deserve” them or not. His allowance that he’d give those freedoms to Tea Partiers despite their political views might be even more offensive than his initial remark on Tuesday, as he addressed a Planned Parenthood demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnRwUVwxhJU&feature=player_embedded
… The Republicans in Congress claim they’re concerned about the budget balance, but it’s a disguise! It’s not true! It’s a lie! That’s not what they want. They want — they want other people not to be able to have their own opinions. They don’t deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution! But we’ll give it to them anyway.
If there’s a better example of self-evident projection, I’d like to see it. Lautenberg claims that Republicans want to outlaw opinions, based on nothing but apparently some slippage in his tinfoil hat. He then assumes that the government has the power to do exactly what he accuses Republicans of desiring, but airily decides not to exercise it.

read the rest and comments.
Lautenberg: Republicans “don’t deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution!” « Hot Air
Civility is not for the liberal plantation owners... only the sharecroppers workin' the land for th' massa.

again our freedoms are decided everyday by other people.
your freedoms are curtailed daily. If your creator gave you these freedoms, you would expect them never to be curtailed, yet they are.

funny you say that given what the people are protesting in the video.
but thanks for showing you dont know what you are talking about, and just post buzz words.

Get it now? And our Liberty isn't for others to decide. Do you seriously wish others to make decisions FOR YOU that you have control over?

I really think that you don't understand true Liberty.

Government wasn't meant to parse Liberty. It was meant to protect it.

A lesson you and your fellow travelers haven't learned and remain hard-headed and LAZY about.

funny you say that given what the people are protesting in the video.
but thanks for showing you dont know what you are talking about, and just post buzz words.

Get it now? And our Liberty isn't for others to decide. Do you seriously wish others to make decisions FOR YOU that you have control over?

I really think that you don't understand true Liberty.

Government wasn't meant to parse Liberty. It was meant to protect it.
A lesson you and your fellow travelers haven't learned and remain hard-headed and LAZY about.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back