Lauryn Hill's Tax Problem

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Grammy Award-winning singer Lauryn Hill has been charged with failing to file tax returns on more than $1.6 million in income, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced today.

Hill, 37, a native of South Orange, willfully neglected to file taxes for 2005, 2006 and 2007, Fishman said. The three charges each carry a potential penalty of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine.

Singer Lauryn Hill charged with failing to file tax returns on $1.6M of income | NJ.com

Check out her response:

“For the past several years, I have remained what others would consider underground. I did this in order to build a community of people, like-minded in their desire for freedom and the right to pursue their goals and lives without being manipulated and controlled by a media protected military industrial complex with a completely different agenda.

I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival.

Ms. Lauryn Hill

She may have just secured a spot in O's cabinet. :lol:

Grammy Award-winning singer Lauryn Hill has been charged with failing to file tax returns on more than $1.6 million in income, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced today.

Hill, 37, a native of South Orange, willfully neglected to file taxes for 2005, 2006 and 2007, Fishman said. The three charges each carry a potential penalty of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine.

Singer Lauryn Hill charged with failing to file tax returns on $1.6M of income | NJ.com

Check out her response:

“For the past several years, I have remained what others would consider underground. I did this in order to build a community of people, like-minded in their desire for freedom and the right to pursue their goals and lives without being manipulated and controlled by a media protected military industrial complex with a completely different agenda.

I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival.

Ms. Lauryn Hill

She may have just secured a spot in O's cabinet. :lol:

military industrial complex

Libs love this phrase....

The three charges each carry a potential penalty of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine.

I have no problem with her protesting by not paying taxes...
If she really feels this strongly then she should do the 3 years and pay the fine otherwise it means nothing.

I know. We don't know if she wrote that blog or it was her publicist, but it sounds like the ramblings of a lunatic. And sadly, her her lunatic liberal friends will find it brilliant.

She may actually be able to plead insanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back