Laura Logan and the Dishonest Media

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I remember hearing this story during the Arab Spring in Egypt. A white western journalist was attacked and gang raped in Cairo!

Rape? Women? Stripped? What really happened to Lara Logan?

In reality she was no doubt attacked and groped, but raped for over an hour is an outright lie. Her clothes remain on, a hand might have hit her crotch, but never went under you clothes, their was not forced intercourse and she might have had minimal mental trauma, but she is no rape victim and she is no survivor.

Rather she is a dishonest opportunist that is racing around the world and trying to capitalize on her faux rape story.

She should be ashamed of herself. There are real victims of rape and she is demeaning there suffering. This is especially true in her home country, which is the rape capital of the world. Shame on her.

This is what real rape is Mrs Logan! Again you should be ashamed of yourself!

"
IOL (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20060601011059991C363071IOL)

"Alternate Link" -- Mod Edit..

Belgian student tells of gang-rape ordeal | IOL

She had been in the country for only a few days when her world changed - she was gang-raped on what was supposed to be a festive evening in Soweto.

Then only 17 years old and a virgin, the Belgian exchange student had accompanied her host family to a street party in Mapetla, Soweto, on August 13 last year. Her request to use a toilet led to her being kidnapped and raped.

This was how the girl recounted her ordeal in the Johannesburg High Court, where five men are charged with kidnapping, robbing and raping her. Wandile Dondolo, 25, Moeketsi Mokoena, 25, Sibusiso Mkhize, 20, and Xolani Letuke, 24, all of Mapetla, and Mandla Dlamini, 25, of Thokoza in Ekurhuleni, have denied all the charges against them.

XXXX --- shortened for copyright..

"They said they had a friend who wanted to meet me, and I said I wanted to go back to the party. They insisted that I meet their friend, and I went back to the street," she said, adding that they pushed her against a wall and started dragging her.

"I said I don't want to meet this friend. They said 'If you scream, we are going to kill you'."

She told the court that while the men dragged her across the veld, her cellphone rang, but they didn't allow her to answer it. Mkhize and Dlamini then dragged her to a house, but didn't switch on the lights.

"I started begging them to let me go. They said they would let me go if I give them my cellphone and money. They didn't let me go as promised (after she complied). I told them I'm from Belgium and that the Belgian government will punish them," she said, adding that it was clear to her that they wanted to rape her because they pushed her onto a bed.

"I told them I was still a virgin and they shouldn't do this, but they seemed more excited," she said, adding that Mkhize had held her tight while Dlamini pulled off her shoes and pants.

"He (Dlamini) pulled out my pants and came on top of me. He started raping me," she said.

Mkhize told her to keep quiet and ordered her to put on her jeans. Police then stormed the house and rescued her. Dondolo, Mokoena and Mkhize were arrested at the scene, while Letuke and Dlamini managed to escape."

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm slow here today. But what does a rape in S.Africa have to do with a reporter getting molested in Egypt??
She is complained she got sexually assault and trying to make money off it. Yet her ordeal was greatly exaggerated BY HER!

Why does South Africa matter, because she is South African. Her home country is the rape capital of the world. In her country rape means 10 to 15 HIV positive men brutally raping you before torturing and killing you, then tossing you lifeless body into the river.

It is fairly normal for women, especially feminists to use inflammatory rhetoric when discussing many types of sexual assaults that really do fall short of rape.

HOWEVER in this case I think the terminology was called for.

Lara Logan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"One of the crowd shouted that she was an Israeli, a Jew, a claim that CBS said, though false, was a "match to gasoline". She went on to say that they tore off her clothes and, in her words, raped her with their hands, while taking photographs with their cellphones. They began pulling her body in different directions, pulling her hair so hard she said it seemed they were trying to tear off chunks of her scalp. Believing she was dying, she was dragged along the square to where the crowd was stopped by a fence, alongside which a group of women were camping. One woman wearing a chador put her arms around Logan, and the others closed ranks around her, while some men who were with the women threw water at the crowd. A group of soldiers appeared, beat back the crowd with batons, and one of them threw Logan over his shoulder. She was flown back to the U.S. the next day, where she spent four days in the hospital."

I think the issue here is that this barbarism is so alien to the western mind, that we are having trouble facing the Truth about the people we are forced to share this planet with.

The use of the photos taken JUST BEFORE the assault, also give the false impression that it was just some pushing and grouping.

When it happened to Logan I was not sympathetic. Then I got educated. In muslim lands, it is not uncommon to kill a woman by the rapist forcing his hand inside of her and pulling her organs out. This is the way a girl in India was murdered.

There is little doubt that the muslims were trying to kill Lara Logan in the same way. She had two surgeries due to the damage that these men did do.

Forum List

Back