Laura Bushs' Little Outhouse on the Prairie

kewlhand

Rookie
Jan 20, 2005
Our beloved First Lady is reading the Engles/Wilder classic Little House on the Prairie. Isn't that special? What wonderful family values they had back then. Gotta bring'em back! I'll have Dubya Dear get busy with Congress.
Does that mean we're all gonna move back onto small farms, churn our own butter, sew our own clothes and poop in stinking outhouses? I can just see Laura heading out for the little house behind the little house with a Sears and Roebuck catalog in her hands.
About 3 % of Americans live on farms anymore. The family farm was killed off by agribusiness and not even Willie Nelson has been able to save them.
Why should a values system that arose from a 19th Century agricultural economy be applicable to post-modern America? What kind of laws will the Dubya gang pass to bring back traditional family values?

kewlhand said:
Our beloved First Lady is reading the Engles/Wilder classic Little House on the Prairie. Isn't that special? What wonderful family values they had back then. Gotta bring'em back! I'll have Dubya Dear get busy with Congress.
Does that mean we're all gonna move back onto small farms, churn our own butter, sew our own clothes and poop in stinking outhouses? I can just see Laura heading out for the little house behind the little house with a Sears and Roebuck catalog in her hands.
About 3 % of Americans live on farms anymore. The family farm was killed off by agribusiness and not even Willie Nelson has been able to save them.
Why should a values system that arose from a 19th Century agricultural economy be applicable to post-modern America? What kind of laws will the Dubya gang pass to bring back traditional family values?
What the hell does Laura Bush reading Little House have to do with politics?!!! Have you heard of reading for entertainment? Pretty stupid post if you ask me.

:gross2:

kewlhand said:

You are an intellectual midget, just because someone reads a book they are advocating a value system from the time period of the book? By the way just what was wrong with the values from then(late 1800's)? That is of course if you consider a strong family unit, being friends and communing with your neighbor and values as wrong well then hey now is your time. Wasn't alot of people smoking each other over drugs and vendettas back then or was our presidents caught lying to grand juries.

Also Kewl i'm gonna give you 3 chances, if you post 3 more trolling threads like this without replying back when challenged i'm gonna come to the conclusion that you are here only to troll and flame and then i'm gonna ban your stupid lib ass, capece?

I just read Beowulf in English class. Does anyone know how much plane tickets to Denmark cost? I must don my leather armor and sword Hrunting, get to Denmark, and slay the Scandanavian Water Troll terrorizing the local mead-hall. Afterwards I will become King of Sweden.

My God, either you are dumb as hell, or (more likely) just sad and bitter.

Sir Evil said:
And I am Duncan Mcleod from the Highland of Scotland! :laugh:

And man I hated Beowulf. Got stuck with that sucker 4 times. Twice in high school. 1 English 1 History.

Twice in college. 1 British Lit. 1 Western Civ.

It suked the first time and didn't get better.

Forum List

Back